NC State Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts 2

Q just stood there with his arms up. Didn’t lean in, didn’t reach. Glad they didn’t call that, for once. (Unless it was an NC State player doing it to us).

He did bump his right arm though...although it might have been the shooter's movement that caused it?

First half was a blast, second half was miserable. Tonight is a good example of why we don't want Bell to transfer...but why we also need to bring in a starting portal 3. When he's making shots you keep him in despite his horrid rebounding and defense. But when he's not involved and not making shots like in the second half, his defense and rebounding is such a liability you can't play him. Hoping he can have a nice bench role next year as a streaky shooter.

Our last offensive possession was bigger than just this win. It was Copeland with the ball getting instructions from Red with Mintz asking for it at the top of the key. Red decided to roll with Cope & he drove & delivered with the GW FTs & then lockdown D on their final shot. As I said in the game thread, it was a “changing-of-the-guard” moment. Loved Cope talking to the NCST students after they were taunting him on the baseline. He’s sometimes out of control, racks up silly fouls, & is often too “razzle dazzle” instead of making the simple play but he’s growing & learning with every game & his hustle/effort is never in question. Cope is this team’s heartbeat & the closest thing we have to a leader. I want the ball in his hands when it matters most.

I think this comment is rooted in the past. Fans used to be respectful.

We don't what was said out there. If you want to be upset with America, all for it...but you don't know what was hurled at them.

You might even agree with them if you did, who knows.
You're right, I don't know what was hurled at them. If they were dealing with racial slurs, etc. than that certainly changes things. But overall, I guess I just like guys who actually accomplish something before they go woofing. If that was the first time they did it, it wouldn't bother me so much. But all the theatrics (talking smack to opposing coaches, arguing with teammates/coaches, whining to officials constantly) has just gotten old for a team that isn't going to even make the NCAA tournament, which used to be the standard around here. I was always taught "act like you've been there before"...maybe I'm too old school I guess.

Last edited:
Mintz and Copeland talking trash to the crowd just an absolutely embarrassing look. This team is a disgrace to Cuse teams of the past. They talk like they've accomplished something. I'm embarrassed to be a Cuse fan even after a win. This team is very hard to root for with all their theatrics...and Autry allows it to continue game after game. Disappointing for sure.
Good lord

Two completely different teams and offensive approaches on display from half to half. And people thought some of those recent JB teams were tough to watch. A loss here would have been tough to swallow.

Absolutely moronic game. We won but it feels like a loss. Most annoyed I’ve been all year for sure. And some chirping at the end by Q and Judah. We are in disarray!

Anyway…

What a first half by Bell. Historic shooting.

Some huge plays by Q.

Clutch free throws.

Second half I wanted to literally jump off the roof much of the time. Offense was brutal.
It’s a win that feels like a win

I think this comment is rooted in the past. Fans used to be respectful.

We don't what was said out there. If you want to be upset with America, all for it...but you don't know what was hurled at them.

You might even agree with them if you did, who knows.
This is the same fan base that heckled Kueth by calling him a “tar baby”….so as you said, don’t know what was said.

I wasn't thrilled with Judah's decisions in the second half, but he was getting hacked almost every time without any calls. Poetic justice that he was at the line at the end of the game.

Literally had to tackle him for him to get a call.

Yeah, refs are neutral. Not a chance (we did get some calls, they got some calls, but they are not neutral)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom