NC State Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts 2

You're right, I don't know what was hurled at them. I guess I just like guys who actually accomplish something before they go woofing. If that was the first time they did it, it wouldn't bother me so much. But all the theatrics (talking smack to opposing coaches, arguing with teammates/coaches, whining to officials constantly) has just gotten old for a team that isn't going to even make the NCAA tournament, which used to be the standard around here. I was always taught "act like you've been there before"...maybe I'm too old school I guess.

I obviously do not disagree with this, at all

And I'd normally be the most frustrated with this behavior, BUT, these fans are right on the court, and it (unfortunately) goes every direction these days.

You want confidence and swagger outside the top 25 recruit realm, here we are

Good lord

There are people that post here who just seem to despise our program.

IMG_1777.gif

Mintz and Copeland talking trash to the crowd just an absolutely embarrassing look. This team is a disgrace to Cuse teams of the past. They talk like they've accomplished something. I'm embarrassed to be a Cuse fan even after a win. This team is very hard to root for with all their theatrics...and Autry allows it to continue game after game. Disappointing for sure.
My feelings are the same. You've stated it much better than I can. I don't want to hear about how they compete from Red. It would be fun to watch them just shut up and play. Red looks like the substitute teacher that the kids just bury.

Last edited:
Proved how much we need a true pass first point guard. Starling and Mintz are both ball hog shooting guards. Both want to be the hero at the end of the game to the detriment of our team.

Red needs to be questioned on what happened with Bell in 2nd half. What happened is completely inexcusable and he needs to be called out on it.
What are you blabbering about. NCS took Bell out of the game with their adjustments. Red absolutely made the right call not trying to force feed him. JJ and Judah had to make plays/shots and they didn't. Fortunately Q did.
Did you kean eye happen to notice that Red went with Q at the end vs Judah.
FYI, that was a brilliant move on Reds part. NCS was 100% expecting Judah and Red took advantage of the best match up we had which was Q and it won the game.

That was arguably the worst half of basketball Judah has played here. JJ wasn’t far behind.

The two of them had 28 points on 28 FGAs combined with six turnovers.

Judah’s tunnel vision just can’t happen. It just can’t. Then he’s just losing his guy if there is even a bit of a screen.

Glad we got the win, obviously, but holy cow was that hard to watch.
JJ with absolutely no left hand at this level is criminal. As are some of his passes in the half court.

Feel so bad for Red our guards are well well well let’s just be nice a say Red can’t wait to get a real lead guard from the portal

Not so inexplicable.
They had Diarra and others staying on him on the sideline.
He wasn't going to get a good shot.

Too bad the Orange really didn't have something to call for him besides that one play where he got his only shot of the half from top of the key.
But coming off screens for the catch and shoot isn't Bell's game.
This is an example of why I’ve been yapping here for 4 months about how unbelievably limited and flawed this team is.

Bell does one thing well - shoot when open and standing still - and nothing else well.

Everyone on this team is largely similar.

It’s really amazing that we’re 17-10.

The foul discrepancy was a joke all game. It was horrible. Keats has no right to com
Even it out from first game. Purposefully? Then swillowed the whistle on Horne’s last shot. Crazy.

Our last offensive possession was bigger than just this win. It was Copeland with the ball getting instructions from Red with Mintz asking for it at the top of the key. Red decided to roll with Cope & he drove & delivered with the GW FTs & then lockdown D on their final shot. As I said in the game thread, it was a “changing-of-the-guard” moment. Loved Cope talking to the NCST students after they were taunting him on the baseline. He’s sometimes out of control, racks up silly fouls, & is often too “razzle dazzle” instead of making the simple play but he’s growing & learning with every game & his hustle/effort is never in question. Cope is this team’s heartbeat & the closest thing we have to a leader. I want the ball in his hands when it matters most.
And he is our most talented player by a long shot. You can't teach his skills. Kid is really gifted. Still a little raw but his talent level is off the chart.

The refs punished him for his rep for complaining.
I thought Red’s decision to put the ball in Q’s hand on that last big possession was because he realized the refs were never going to give Judah a call. It was a good coaching decision in that situation.

Last edited:
What are you blabbering about. NCS took Bell out of the game with their adjustments. Red absolutely made the right call not trying to force feed him. JJ and Judah had to make plays/shots and they didn't. Fortunately Q did.
Did you kean eye happen to notice that Red went with Q at the end vs Judah.
FYI, that was a brilliant move on Reds part. NCS was 100% expecting Judah and Red took advantage of the best match up we had which was Q and it won the game.
...good post kc but......I do not consider Bell getting one shot in the entire 20 minutes of the 2nd half as "forced feeding". Too many times Judah kept going to the basket regardless who was in the game or open. He never looks for anyone. I actually hate to come down so hard but he never looks to pass unless he is completely locked out. Then it is more of a desparation heave than a pass. Just a bad look and non team player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom