NC State Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts 2

Beautiful Abbott & Costello math!
And 7 x 13 = 28
(There might be one person here who knows what the heck I'm talking about).
But it is a win by 4 and a nice road win.
I know it and it's hilarious

Judah had zero points in the 1st half & it was obvious in the 2nd that he was intent on making sure his PPG wouldn’t dip.
I get what you are saying and I agree to a point, but that’s not Judahs fault. That’s Red. Bench him if he can’t run the play you call. And if pick and roll pound time was what Red wanted, that’s his fault too. conversely, I thought the ball movement in the first half was fantastic. So what changed?

I said a couple weeks ago that I'd be more comfortable starting JJ and Copeland at guard next year than have Judah back on the team. People questioned that, but I don't think there's any question that we move the ball better without him in there.
Didn't you also say that you're good if everyone transfers? I might be confusing Ithaca names. But whoever said it, not so much.

I get what you are saying and I agree to a point, but that’s not Judahs fault. That’s Red. Bench him if he can’t run the play you call. And if pick and roll pound time was what Red wanted, that’s his fault too. conversely, I thought the ball movement in the first half was fantastic. So what changed?
Red did briefly bench Judah in the second half as a result of this. But we still couldn't get a stop and he prioritized bringing Judah and his scoring back.

What are you blabbering about. NCS took Bell out of the game with their adjustments. Red absolutely made the right call not trying to force feed him. JJ and Judah had to make plays/shots and they didn't. Fortunately Q did.
Did you kean eye happen to notice that Red went with Q at the end vs Judah.
FYI, that was a brilliant move on Reds part. NCS was 100% expecting Judah and Red took advantage of the best match up we had which was Q and it won the game.

NCS didn’t take Bell out of the game. Our guards did. If he’s not getting the ball he’s not shooting. He doesn’t create his own shots. He catches and fires. Even with hands in his face.
I’m glad we won but it was by the skin of our teeth. Could be a completely different conversation but the point still stands. 2nd half was brutal with the exception of Q.

Red did briefly bench Judah in the second half as a result of this. But we still couldn't get a stop and he prioritized bringing Judah and his scoring back.
Valid point. Still wanted an short Cuffe run for his D

Yeah, we could be 20-7 right now, 21-6 if we could have beaten Clemson at home. BC, Fla State, Ga Tech. I thought we had also lost 1 to Pitt, but that was incorrect.
do you forget about Colgate, Lville and Miami, those easily could have been close losses, even losing to BC at home was possible, everybody laments the "coulda, woulda, shouldas" but neglects to remember the ones we were lucky to win and pull out. "Your record is what your record says you are." - The man nicknamed The Big Tuna, aka Bill Parcells.

Proved how much we need a true pass first point guard. Starling and Mintz are both ball hog shooting guards. Both want to be the hero at the end of the game to the detriment of our team.

Red needs to be questioned on what happened with Bell in 2nd half. What happened is completely inexcusable and he needs to be called out on it.
Pretty sure that was a win

NCS didn’t take Bell out of the game. Our guards did. If he’s not getting the ball he’s not shooting. He doesn’t create his own shots. He catches and fires. Even with hands in his face.
I’m glad we won but it was by the skin of our teeth. Could be a completely different conversation but the point still stands. 2nd half was brutal with the exception of Q.
If the second half was brutal, what would you call the entire GaTech game? brutal?

Bell was standing beyond the three point line for like an hour and nobody even looked to get it to him. That's on Mintz and Starling.
Except Brown was the most effective getting the ball to Bell. Did they just give up flashing him into the paint in the second half? Did they want the lane open so the guards had room to drive?

Ok say we rattle off the next 4 including clemson…21-10, get 1 victory in the ACCT…22-11. Is that enough for the tournament?
Its enough for the NIT. Only way we get in is if we win the autobid or if every bubble team loses the rest of their games.

Whew. What a game! Bell’s first half may have been one of the purest shooting halves of basketball I’ve ever witnessed, beautiful. I was trying to explain to my wife he was starting to sniff best ever 3 point shooting half in NCAA history type of stuff (she wasn’t interested). Haha I also thought he’d fall off some in the 2nd, definitely wasn’t wrong in thinking that ;)

I didn’t think Brown played quite as well tonight, getting blocked on 2 layups wasn’t a great look… in contrast, I continue to be surprised by Copeland’s real athleticism, it’s no joke. He finishes with authority, his fast break reverse dunk was an absolute banger.

Cope just does things on the floor that nobody else on the roster can do, haha or even consider doing. One hand rebound put back, angles attacking the rim with backboard finishes, lock down D… great game.

Even though I is in standing up in the middle of the living room for the final posession mode, I love it. Q1 ACC road victory will always appreciated & celebrated!

I obviously do not disagree with this, at all

And I'd normally be the most frustrated with this behavior, BUT, these fans are right on the court, and it (unfortunately) goes every direction these days.

You want confidence and swagger outside the top 25 recruit realm, here we are
Q is like Devo in the old days.....he can dish it out and back up his talk. Definitely has an edge, but fortunately the edge has an Orange jersey!! LGO!!!! Take no prisoners Q!!!!

Didn't you also say that you're good if everyone transfers? I might be confusing Ithaca names. But whoever said it, not so much.

No, not everyone. That wasn't me.

I think JJ, Copeland and Maliq Brown should be in next year's starting lineup. Donnie Freeman is obviously going to start and then you get somebody good enough to start who actually plays center from the portal.

If we can get an actual pass-first PG who can hit an outside shot, then Copeland returns to 6th man. If we can get a portal guy who is an offensive wing, you probably do the same thing and move Cope back to 6th man.

The useful parts - Copeland, JJ, Brown, Bell (as the 3rd or 4th forward), MacLeod if he can recover his health. I don't mind Cuffe as a 4th or 5th guard. I think he has more upside in his game. You keep the redshirt kid probably as your 3rd center. Choppa Moore is a good young guard, too, and can shoot.

Hima, Judah, Taylor, Carey, redshirt kid; I won't cry if any of them leave. If MacLeod and Westry are still not healthy by the summer, then we have to replace them, or leave them as the 12th and 13th men at the end of the bench.

I've been counting on Judah leaving, but where is going to ? I really think it will hurt chemistry if he's on the team next year, and I certainly don't want to see Bell (or Taylor, if he's still on the team) starting under ANY circumstances.

...I am agreeing with you Eric! Seems like Carey has been out for more nickle dime reasons than any other player this year? Why can't we get players that you put band-aides on and put back in the game. We need more Dolezaj's!!!!
He has a concussion. You don't put a band aid on that.

Whew. What a game! Bell’s first half may have been one of the purest shooting halves of basketball I’ve ever witnessed, beautiful. I was trying to explain to my wife he was starting to sniff best ever 3 point shooting half in NCAA history type of stuff (she wasn’t interested). Haha I also thought he’d fall off some in the 2nd, definitely wasn’t wrong in thinking that ;)

I didn’t think Brown played quite as well tonight, getting blocked on 2 layups wasn’t a great look… in contrast, I continue to be surprised by Copeland’s real athleticism, it’s no joke. He finishes with authority, his fast break reverse dunk was an absolute banger.

Cope just does things on the floor that nobody else on the roster can do, haha or even consider doing. One hand rebound put back, angles attacking the rim with backboard finishes, lock down D… great game.

Even though I is in standing up in the middle of the living room for the final posession mode, I love it. Q1 ACC road victory will always appreciated & celebrated!
...up lifting post!! Q does things with the basketball that just leave me scratching my head. Of course when he misses one of these out of your mind shots I am disappointed! A couple of the shots today were amazing... or as you say a "banger"!!! He is the fire and leader of this team. Do we still want him coming off the bench or should he start? Extremely difficult question but I defer to Red. Let Q come in and kick it into hig2h gear!!

Mintz and Copeland talking trash to the crowd just an absolutely embarrassing look. This team is a disgrace to Cuse teams of the past. They talk like they've accomplished something. I'm embarrassed to be a Cuse fan even after a win. This team is very hard to root for with all their theatrics...and Autry allows it to continue game after game. Disappointing for sure.
syracusefan.com truly is a bountiful gift

This is the same fan base that heckled Kueth by calling him a “tar baby”….so as you said, don’t know what was said.
Oh I can guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom