NC State Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts

Overall very good job and nice bounceback from the other night.

Beating NC State in any sport is always a big positive, not because they’re good but because they’re such azzhats.

I do wish we played more defense in the second half.

Quoting myself because I want the name Big Peter to stick
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Not a news flash, as it's been a point that's been beat to death, but a locked in Benny is impressive. His athleticism is off the charts. On that alley-oop he finished he was head at or above rim on a super quick jump.
Yup. Anyone who’s questioning whether we have any plus athletes on this team needs to take another look at Benny.

...as I see it, Red has his best team in at the end. Brown, Benny, Cope, JJ and Mintz. Right now this is the best we have to close a game. Bell did an outstanding job in this game and played extremely hard. He is just not as effective as Copeland and Benny on defense

Except this particular game NCSt seemed like they were scoring every possession the last 8 minutes.

Benny’s problem has never been his lack of athleticism.
Very true. But we’ve also had some questioning whether this is an athletic team. I’d argue it is reasonably athletic, with Benny probably Exhibit 1.

so this is what we are going to do again eh? just not know what the hell we are going to do lol

Is it crazy to start Benny? Could get him locked in from the start, and a good Benny raises the floor of this team, as we saw tonight. Just not sure what Taylor gives you at this point
Benny is the kind of guy that if you get him an easy basket early, he will probably play well the rest of the game.

Weird win in that we were in control the whole game but other than JJ’s scoring it didn’t feel like we did anything particularly well.
-if JJ can be a consistent outside shooter we might really have a terrific player for the next 2-3 years because he is strong off the dribble to his right but teams will not be able to overplay that if they have to respect his jumper. Would love to see him work on his left next summer.
-I know Red was understandably upset about the technical foul but I thought it was a little bit odd that we didn’t seem more Bell in the second half particularly for free throws.
-speaking of free throws it would be nice to see Judah get back to the consistent, free-throw shooter he was earlier in the season. Last couple of games against a soft press he has had some unnecessary turnovers as well. Five turnovers is just too many. I want to see him play to his strength and tried to break the press aggressively.
-Benny did a nice job moving without the ball in the second half to get a couple of dunks that we really needed. I wish he just stayed down low and tried to get easy baskets and rebound. I prefer he didn’t take another three-pointer the rest of the year unless it was in garbage time.
-Maliq had a couple of unnecessary fouls and I thought Red did a good job buying some minutes with Carey. Carey battled and influenced a couple of shots, but I would prefer that he not take a 14 footer unless he is trying to beat some type of buzzer.
-was nice to see Dave Bing added to the Ring of honor although can anybody not wonder why it has taken so long?
-very important win obviously which makes BC Tuesday all the more important. Need to take care of business there against that garbage program. Hopefully we will have more fans than they will as usual.

I wonder if Bell got hurt on that flagrant and that’s why he sat for so long at the end. Either that or Red decided he wanted Copeland in for ball handling against the press.

I wonder if Bell got hurt on that flagrant and that’s why he sat for so long at the end. Either that or Red decided he wanted Copeland in for ball handling against the press.
He looked fine on the bench. I think Red just trusts Q more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom