NC State truly is Rutgers South | Syracusefan.com

NC State truly is Rutgers South

jekelish

Living Legend
I never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually rooting for Louisville tomorrow night. I was just perusing both boards, and saw that our own TexanMark visited both and gave them info about where to go in Syracuse.

The Louisville board was appreciative. The NC State board was a giant bag of d***s to him.

Thanks for making it easy to pick one team to root for over the other, jerk NC State fans!

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually rooting for Louisville tomorrow night. I was just perusing both boards, and saw that our own TexanMark visited both and gave them info about where to go in Syracuse.

The Louisville board was appreciative. The NC State board was a giant bag of d***s to him.

Thanks for making it easy to pick one team to root for over the other, jerk NC State fans!
The fanboard may be unappreciative...but this NC State team is very dangerous.
They could be another '83 Cardiac Pack.

Besides, the Wolfpack fans are probably bitter because the Dino BBQ is better than the pig-pickins back home.

The fanboard may be unappreciative...but this NC State team is very dangerous.
They could be another '83 Cardiac Pack.

Besides, the Wolfpack fans are probably bitter because the Dino BBQ is better than the pig-pickins back home.
Didn't you realize that barbecue can ONLY be cooked in North Carolina? Kansas City and Texas can go straight to hell, and don't get them started on any other part of the country.

And another thing - someone's probably wearing their Harvard tie. Like, oh sure, HE went to Harvard.

First off: Screw NC State and their fans. They earned the Rutgers South nickname immediately upon our arrival in the ACC. Secondly, can we move our Louisville brethren out of the god-forsaken AAC and into the ACC in the Opponents Links drop-down at the top of the page?

I just can't forget the racist taunts and treatment that Keuth Duany received when we played "down there" while in the BE. Shameful.

You mean the game when we had more fans in Raleigh than they did? :)

I just can't forget the racist taunts and treatment that Keuth Duany received when we played "down there" while in the BE. Shameful.

Racism is not unique to "down there." I've lived in the Carolinas for over 2 decades...the Research Triangle area is quite metropolitan, full of many well educated people...many, in which, are also not from the south, but the northeast, west coast, Midwest, etc.

Do you mind posting a link to their posts? I'm just curious to read some of it myself lol

Edit: Nevermind, I found both like a minute after. Looks like some of the jerks jumped on him quickly, but a lot of guys seem to be responding now defending him. I assume it's much like everywhere else... some of the jerks stick out more than the nice guys.

On the flip side, I hope to get down to the NC State area for a game sometime. I used to visit North Carolina all the time when I was too young to really remember, but the little I do remember is that it was really nice. Maybe it's just the longing for the warm weather talking haha

Last edited:
Clownshow over there

Went there last year and it's anarchy

Sess pool of a board

In both my online interactions and personal interactions with Louisville fans I have a very positive impression of them. I find myself rooting for them when they aren't playing us.

In visiting the fan boards from the other ACC teams, the only one where there is a constant dialogue of not liking the new "northern" members and the "yankees" is NC State. Especially against SU. Not all posters by any means but always present in threads. There isn't much of that on UNC or Georgia Tech. And none on Duke, Clemson, or FSU. Strange fan base. But their team this year has a lot of talent and they are on a good roll.

In visiting the fan boards from the other ACC teams, the only one where there is a constant dialogue of not liking the new "northern" members and the "yankees" is NC State. Especially against SU. Not all posters by any means but always present in threads. There isn't much of that on UNC or Georgia Tech. And none on Duke, Clemson, or FSU. Strange fan base. But their team this year has a lot of talent and they are on a good roll.
Agreed. To their credit, a few posters did step in and basically point out how stupid the folks who heaved unprovoked crap on Mark were being. But those people are in the minority on that board, it would appear.

Their fans can annoying, but at least they have won a little bit.

If you have any doubt about the Wolfies, just ask somebody from NCU.

Go Cards.

The (old) ACC is on quite a roll. Outside of Duke and North Carolina, no team has made it past the Sweet Sixteen since Georgia Tech in 2004 - that's worse than all of the other major conferences the past decade. If NC St loses that streak will still be alive.

Go Cards.

You guys are tough! Two fans took shots at JB, which he deserves. A few more took shots at the city of Syracuse, which isn't surprising. Seems like Mark himself was treated fine.

I've seen well-meaning fans from other teams treated worse here.

Back in the day ...

NCSU was going through a stretch where quite a few of their fb and bball players were "having their day in court," which sparked this joke:

What do you say to an NC State athlete wearing a suit?

"Will the defendant please rise?"

You guys are tough! Two fans took shots at JB, which he deserves. A few more took shots at the city of Syracuse, which isn't surprising. Seems like Mark himself was treated fine.

I've seen well-meaning fans from other teams treated worse here.
Well, my issue is basically: a guy comes to the board, says, "Hey guys, welcome to Syracuse! Here's an extensive list of places to eat, to stay, activities for you and your kids, etc. Please enjoy our hospitality in upstate New York!" and their posters decide that instead of saying, "Hey, thanks for taking the time out of your day to put this all together and tell us about it, as visitors in your home this weekend" they take shots.

It's like being invited over for dinner and when you get there, you start giving your host a bunch of crap for what crappy curtains he has, and mock the food he's serving.

Kueth's the reason I grew up as a Cuse fan, dude was my idol.

F NC St.

I like Gottfried and their team a LOT. I personally don't have any beefs with NC St fans and like many have mentioned; I have experienced Louisville all over, mostly in MSG, and they are all class. Still, I think NC St is a better team right now and will be cheering for them. Cat Barber is probably my favorite college player right now and Kyle Washington is an unsung great player. He would be an awesome PF on SU.

Good lord check some of the responses on the good game thread from a UL fan... ugly classless stuff. That said the internet blog community tends to attract a higher pct of those wanting to express negative views than the opposite these days so the output is usually skewed much like this board's meltdowns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom