Cross Country - NCAA Championship [Louisville, KY]: Sat Nov 18, 9:00 / 10:00 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cross Country NCAA Championship [Louisville, KY]: Sat Nov 18, 9:00 / 10:00

I can't believe that they're charging $20 to watch the race.
They always charge to watch their videos. The only thing I think I have ever watched for free is FloSwimming of HS meets.

They always charge to watch their videos. The only thing I think I have ever watched for free is FloSwimming of HS meets.
Maybe it's just DI. I've been watching the DIII meet for free for the past few years.

I can't believe that they're charging $20 to watch the race.
Wow, Just got back watching live only $10. Hats off to Paige and Justyn. The wind was a real factor today. I was worried a bit when Justyn went by with 400m to go and he was a few yards behind the top 2. Then I remembered he has a kick. Can't wait to watch the replay to see him unleash it. The men will be disappointed, just picked the wrong day to be totally flat. Still a great season and love the trajectory of this program!

A hard kick over the final kilometer to distance himself from a pair of Northern Arizona contenders provided the historic finish for Justyn Knight, delivering the first individual NCAA Championship in program history.

Knight's finish is the third top-four finish for the Vaughn, Ontario native, building off last year's runner-up performance to capture the crown in Louisville.

Knight hung around the leaders for the duration of the meet, lurking in sixth for the majority of the first portion of the race. Between the fourth and sixth kilometer, a group of four broke off in front, with Knight once again making his move toward the front.

With two kilometers left, he dropped Alabama's Gilbert Kigen and pulled past Northern Arizona's Tyler Day with one kilometer left. Over the final distance he pushed past NAU's Matthew Baxter to secure the title, crossing the 10k distance in 29:00.1.

As a team, the Syracuse men finished 13th with 406 points. Colin Bennie (56th/30:15.3), Aidan Tooker (109th/30:49.4), Philo Germano (31:04.0/142nd) and Joe Dragon (174th/31:22.3) rounded out the 'Cuse scoring. Dominic Hockenbury (31:36.3) and Iliass Aouani (32:31.3) were the other two runners for the Orange men.

Paige Stoner also delivered history for the women. Her 17th place finish was the best finish by a woman in program history, becoming just the second ever All-American for the 'Cuse women.

Stoner's time was 19:52.0 to lead the Orange to a 26th place finish, two spots ahead of their pre-race ranking. Shannon Malone also had a strong day, taking 73rd with a time of 20:30.0.

Madeleine Davison (21:25.2/187th), Rachel Bonner (21:32.8/196th), Eva Scott(22:27.3/242nd), Chelsie Pennello (243rd/22:28.1) and Maggie Toczko (249th/22:55.2) rounded out the Orange competitors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom