NCAA Final Four Games for Sat April 1 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Final Four Games for Sat April 1

Hurley to Tracey Wolfson in the post game interview; “‘striving for five’ for a while now.”

Some here can continue on all they want and say what they will relative to their luck, good fortune, etc. Fact is, if they do attain another national title on Monday, (their 5th) that’s what the much broader (national) narrative will be, along with how dominant they were during this particular run.

Just as no one (other than some jealous Syracuse fans) nationally believes it (luck) being the key ingredient in their previous four national titles.

Going 6-0, 5 times or 30-0 (over a 23 year period) has much more to do with being good/very good than it does being “lucky.”

Hurley to Tracey Wolfson in the post game interview; “‘striving for five’ for a while now.”

Some here can continue on all they want and say what they will relative to their luck, good fortune, etc. Fact is, if they do attain another national title on Monday, (their 5th) that’s what the much broader (national) narrative will be, along with how dominant they were during this particular run.

Just as no one (other than some jealous Syracuse fans) nationally believes it (luck) being the key ingredient in their previous four national titles.

Going 6-0, 5 times or 30-0 (over a 23 year period) has much more to do with being good/very good than it does being “lucky.”

You're right.

Outside of Syracuse, everyone loves UCONN and wants Dan Hurley as their TV dad.

In general, I’ve not been a critic of JB, although I was oftentimes deservedly critical. However, Hurley blatantly lied to recruits, telling them that UConn was going to win the National Championship. Meanwhile, JB was walking around basically telling everyone that we shouldn’t expect to beat Duke or UNC or even UVA every year. It was ridiculous. Now look at the reality of the situation. JB gave on the program. The fact that UConn is about win another NC before SU considering where each program was just a few years ago is insane and shameful. I’m sick.

There is no reason we can't go out and grab another title or more on our own. It sucks it won't be JB hoisting it, but in many ways it still would. Go get one or more while he is still around.. they would still be his in an honorary sense.

It sucks seeing UConn and everything despicable go out and get it. I feel like in many ways UConn is the Frankenstein monster created from the incredible BE teams of the 80s that just never stopped.

As a program we need to go out and get these guys on the schedule every year. I wanna see them, Gtown , Nova and the Johnnies most years if possible or get 2/4 of those every year. With all this talent in the DMV, let's shift the focus back to the east/northeast. The opportunity to do it is right in front of us so let's go get it.

UConn strikes first to get #5.. brutal. So let's chase them down. Done whining- good for those schmucks.

Agreed. At some point you've got to stop grousing about it and realize what an accomplishment this was. Since 1999, (let's call it "this century"), Connecticut will have won 5 national championships under three different coaches. Duke and UNC have three, Florida Kansas and Nova have 2. Michigan State, Maryland, Syracuse, Kentucky, Louisville, Virginia and Baylor have the other. That's the pecking order. The fact that the Huskies have seen some dips but come back quickly to the top of the heap is actually impressive: they recover quickly because it's a strong program. And yes, we haven't come close to their accomplishments because we were satisfied to coast, resting on past laurels, for too long. Maybe now we can get things moving again.

There is no reason we can't go out and grab another title or more on our own. It sucks it won't be JB hoisting it, but in many ways it still would. Go get one or more while he is still around.. they would still be his in an honorary sense.

It sucks seeing UConn and everything despicable go out and get it. I feel like in many ways UConn is the Frankenstein monster created from the incredible BE teams of the 80s that just never stopped.

As a program we need to go out and get these guys on the schedule every year. I wanna see them, Gtown , Nova and the Johnnies most years if possible or get 2/4 of those every year. With all this talent in the DMV, let's shift the focus back to the east/northeast. The opportunity to do it is right in front of us so let's go get it.

UConn strikes first to get #5.. brutal. So let's chase them down. Done whining- good for those schmucks.

Creighton was the team we needed to be playing Monday night
What teams, in those top 3 seeds that didn't make it to the Final Four, would have beaten UCONN?

Agreed. At some point you've got to stop grousing about it and realize what an accomplishment this was. Since 1999, (let's call it "this century"), Connecticut will have won 5 national championships under three different coaches. Duke and UNC have three, Florida Kansas and Nova have 2. Michigan State, Maryland, Syracuse, Kentucky, Louisville, Virginia and Baylor have the other. That's the pecking order. The fact that the Huskies have seen some dips but come back quickly to the top of the heap is actually impressive: they recover quickly because it's a strong program. And yes, we haven't come close to their accomplishments because we were satisfied to coast, resting on past laurels, for too long. Maybe now we can get things moving again.

:)

I REALLY don't want to see UCONN win it all, but what they've done is impressive.

What teams, in those top 3 seeds that didn't make it to the Final Four, would have beaten UCONN?
Bama: No, they weren't winning the title with everything going on.
Arizona: No, too soft
Baylor: No, very bad on defense

Purdue: No, LOL
Marquette: Yes, Big East
Kansas St: Ehhhh maybe if Nowell and Johnson played A++ games

Houston: Sure
Texas: Sure
Xavier: Not without Freemantle

Kansas: No
UCLA: Not with their injuries

Bama: No, they weren't winning the title with everything going on.
Arizona: No, too soft
Baylor: No, very bad on defense

Purdue: No, LOL
Marquette: Yes, Big East
Kansas St: Ehhhh maybe if Nowell and Johnson played A++ games

Houston: Sure
Texas: Sure
Xavier: Not without Freemantle

Kansas: No
UCLA: Not with their injuries

Yeah, not one of the strongest fields... Far from it.

SDSU fouls like crazy rebounding missed foul shots.
Unfortunately there will be a tight whistle crew on Monday to call those fouls and give storz the belt.

And now, let's take a break from the basketball for some Lilith Fair.
Which one went to Lilith Fair instead of a bachelor party/SU game/something way more fun? It was either Chip or Milhouse.

He followed the NCAA orders to a T on that night. He's still being rewarded.
eye-roll-tina-fey.gif

He followed the NCAA orders to a T on that night. He's still being rewarded.
The narrative was Aaron Craft wins with his returning brother there, or whatever. Zero chance they were letting them lose. He committed about 17 fouls.

The narrative was Aaron Craft wins with his returning brother there, or whatever. Zero chance they were letting them lose. He committed about 17 fouls.
Story from that game. I worked a job at the time that got out at 4:00 AM. I saw Dion and some friends at the Sunoco station at the top of Brighton Ave/173 about 5:30 AM Sunday morning. I didn't want to bother him too much so I just yelled out "those refs were bullshit!". He gave a head nod then went off the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom