NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing | Syracusefan.com

NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing

KellySyracuse

Living Legend

Some interesting info included with this story, didn't see it posted here yet

NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged sign-stealing

"“The Big Ten Conference has notified Michigan State University and future opponents,” the conference said in a statement...

A number of programs through the years have been accused of stealing an opposing team’s signals. In the lead-up to the 2020-21 College Football Playoff semifinals, Ohio State Coach Ryan Day hinted that Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables seemed to have inside information about opposing offenses.

Venables “seems to always know exactly what the other team is doing,” Day told reporters at a news conference ahead of his team’s CFP semifinal meeting the Tigers. “Why that is I don’t really know. But I can tell you that he’s been doing it for a long time.”

Ohio State defeated Clemson, 49-28, with Buckeyes quarterback Justin Fields admitting afterward that the offense called more plays in the huddle to thwart Clemson’s sign-stealing."

Tunnel-Harbaugh.jpg

I consider myself a college football fanatic and I had no clue you weren’t allowed to scout another team in person. Very interesting.

It also appears it’s black and white and a person being paid by UM went and scouted a game in person.

I consider myself a college football fanatic and I had no clue you weren’t allowed to scout another team in person. Very interesting.

It also appears it’s very black and white and a person being paid by UM went and scouted a game in person.
That was my initial reaction. I had no idea in person scouting wasn't allowed.

Good. Hope they get in tons of trouble. Serves them right for Schembechler and Anderson.

It also appears it’s black and white and a person being paid by UM went and scouted a game in person.

I’m very skeptical that Michigan is the only school doing this - but Harbaugh seems to have gotten himself on the wrong side of the NCAA and they are going to make his life as miserable as possible until he goes back to the NFL - if that’s even possible since he’s such a disagreeable person nobody wants to work with.

My guess is at some point the NCAA will chase him out, nobody in the NFL will want him, and he’ll end up on some pregame show eventually.

In preparation for that day - no, Syracuse is not going to hire Jim Harbaugh.

part of me says who cares.

why is football the one that cant send people in person?

even if you know the signals you still have to decipher it and then send it back out to your team faster than the other team does. And all it takes is a few plays that they change things up to totally screw you up.

even if you know the signals you still have to decipher it and then send it back out to your team faster than the other team does. And all it takes is a few plays that they change things up to totally screw you up.
It's actually for all sports.

i didnt realize the had removed so much from what the teams can do now.. reading further no devices in the team boxes like ipads and video either?

I wish baseball would do this so teams had to do replay in real time and not use video to make their decisions for them.

Also explains why some replay decisions dont get made if no one is helping the coaches decide

the result will be the old UNC fake curriculum investigation line that "the NCAA was so upset with UNC (UM here) that they gave Syracuse another six month of probation!"
they wont be allowed to play a week zero game next yr.. even the one they never had scheduled..

the result will be the old UNC fake curriculum investigation line that "the NCAA was so upset with UNC (UM here) that they gave Syracuse another six month of probation!"

I don’t think so - only because Boeheim is retired so the NCAA can stop trying to chase him out. They can focus their energy on chasing Harbaugh out instead.

In other words, Harbaugh is on the dreaded “Boeheim list”.

NCAA will do NOTHING of consequence to Mich. they are like UNC and Kansas in hoop. They could be caught reloading the gun over the dead victim and still walk.
NCAA knows these schools wil sue them into (deserved) oblivion so they’ll find an easy target instead.

NCAA will do NOTHING of consequence to Mich. they are like UNC and Kansas in hoop. They could be caught reloading the gun over the dead victim and still walk.
NCAA knows these schools wil sue them into (deserved) oblivion so they’ll find an easy target instead.
The old “low hanging fruit” argument, true dat

Harbaugh will be suspended for next years first game against Fresno St.

Alumni James Earl Jones will serve as head coach.

You know Harbaugh will be back on the sidelines for game #2 against Texas!

Agreed. This seems like a very odd rule.

I remember years back and watching the Miami Hurricane staff in the booth having binoculars and looking at the SU bench. Thought to myself, hmmm...