NCAA's Division I Council implements new bowl selection rule | Syracusefan.com

NCAA's Division I Council implements new bowl selection rule

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
All bowl-eligible teams with 6-6 records must be chosen for a bowl game before any teams with a 5-7 record can be considered, a rule the NCAA's Division I Council implemented on Wednesday for the 2016-17 season.

The decision comes following a season in which only 77 teams were eligible for the 80 bowl slots. Three 5-7 teams were granted waivers to play in bowl games because of their APR scores, and all of them -- Nebraska, Minnesota and San Jose State -- won.

Now, only after all bowl-eligible teams are selected can teams with 5-7 records be considered, and their eligibility will again be determined by the highest, most-recent multiyear APR scores. Those teams will then select the bowl in which they will participate...

Council: No 5-7 teams in bowls until 6-6s picked (ESPN)

All bowl-eligible teams with 6-6 records must be chosen for a bowl game before any teams with a 5-7 record can be considered, a rule the NCAA's Division I Council implemented on Wednesday for the 2016-17 season.

The decision comes following a season in which only 77 teams were eligible for the 80 bowl slots. Three 5-7 teams were granted waivers to play in bowl games because of their APR scores, and all of them -- Nebraska, Minnesota and San Jose State -- won.

Now, only after all bowl-eligible teams are selected can teams with 5-7 records be considered, and their eligibility will again be determined by the highest, most-recent multiyear APR scores. Those teams will then select the bowl in which they will participate...

WHat happens if the team with a 6-6 record has 2 wins over 2 FCS teams vs a 5-7 team with 5 wins over FBS.

What happens if Syracuse goes 5-5? Is just being .500 enough?

I thought it was already like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom