NCAAT @ Buffalo almost sold out | Syracusefan.com

NCAAT @ Buffalo almost sold out

What's the best way to purchase tickets to the Syracuse game only? Does everyone buy the package first then sell the remaining games online?

What's the best way to purchase tickets to the Syracuse game only? Does everyone buy the package first then sell the remaining games online?

There are three tickets to be purchased. A ticket for each of two sessions on Thursday and a ticket for a single session on Saturday. Each session includes two games. Two of those tickets should include Syracuse games, assuming the worst doesn't happen.

Going through the link below, I only see tickets available in the 300 level for $198. I believe this is for all sessions, but I'm a little confused how it works. With that purchase, would I receive individual tickets to the three sessions? If Syracuse would (hopefully) be in two of the three sessions, is it easy enough to sell tickets for the session that Syracuse would not play in?

http://www.ncaa.com/final-four/tickets-hospitality

Unless the stars align that Buffalo draws another nearby power team like Pitt.. and said team plays in the opposite Thursday session.. prices for the "extra" ticket in the package will be going for very cheap.

Advice: buy the whole package, don't worry about selling, and hunker down for a tremendous day of hoops. When else do you get to watch 4 games live in one day?

Of course: drawbacks are - you feel rather cut off from the rest of march madness going on (the in-arena presentations, regardless of city, historically do a POOR job of keeping you updated on other action.. instead subjecting you to word jumbles and the like) .. and, no beer sales inside.

Unless the stars align that Buffalo draws another nearby power team like Pitt.. and said team plays in the opposite Thursday session.. prices for the "extra" ticket in the package will be going for very cheap.

Advice: buy the whole package, don't worry about selling, and hunker down for a tremendous day of hoops. When else do you get to watch 4 games live in one day?

Of course: drawbacks are - you feel rather cut off from the rest of march madness going on (the in-arena presentations, regardless of city, historically do a POOR job of keeping you updated on other action.. instead subjecting you to word jumbles and the like) .. and, no beer sales inside.
I went to all of the games at First Niagara (then HSBC) in 2010 and it was great. But now I have two daughters which makes something like this much more complicated than it was when I was kidless.

I went to all of the games at First Niagara (then HSBC) in 2010 and it was great. But now I have two daughters which makes something like this much more complicated than it was when I was kidless.

Probably not an event for your young kids, unless you are just going to go in and out for the Cuse game. While you can certainly go in and out for the Cuse game, you sort of miss the whole "event".

In 2010 I took my 5th grade (at the time) son and SU played the late game in the second session. We saw three games (not great games by any stretch) before the SU tip. I don't think the SU game tipped until almost 10 p.m. We didn't make it to the end of the SU game.

It's a great day of basketball for those with the endurance to watch that much basketball, but it's an awful lot of basketball for a kid- no matter how interested they are in SU or basketball in general. You can tell yourself that your kid loves hoops and will love all of that basketball, but be prepared to have a fidgety kid on your hands because as much as you remember fantastic finishes there are a LOT more opening round blow outs and pedestrian teams than there are great games.

If SU holds on to the 1 seed you'll end up with 1 v 16 and 8 v 9 matchups in SU's session. In 2010 it was SU v. Vermont and Gonzaga v. Florida State the other session featured 2 (W. Va.) v 15 (Morgan St.) and 7 (Clemson) v 10 (Missouri) matchups. I remember those games being pretty uninteresting.

When I used to attend with my buddies and we would go for beers during the dinner break between sessions and go drinking after the final game and on the in between day...it was a GREAT Event.

Probably not an event for your young kids, unless you are just going to go in and out for the Cuse game. While you can certainly go in and out for the Cuse game, you sort of miss the whole "event".

In 2010 I took my 5th grade (at the time) son and SU played the late game in the second session. We saw three games (not great games by any stretch) before the SU tip. I don't think the SU game tipped until almost 10 p.m. We didn't make it to the end of the SU game.

It's a great day of basketball for those with the endurance to watch that much basketball, but it's an awful lot of basketball for a kid- no matter how interested they are in SU or basketball in general. You can tell yourself that your kid loves hoops and will love all of that basketball, but be prepared to have a fidgety kid on your hands because as much as you remember fantastic finishes there are a LOT more opening round blow outs than there are great games.

If SU holds on to the 1 seed you'll end up with 1 v 16 and 8 v 9 game in SU's session. In 2010 it was SU v. Vermont and Gonzaga v. Florida State the other session featured a 2 (W. Va.) v 15 (Morgan St.) and 7 (Clemson) v 10 (Missouri) matchup. I remember those games being pretty uninteresting.

When I used to attend with my buddies and we would go for beers during the dinner break between sessions and go drinking after the final game and on the in between day...it was a GREAT Event.

I was at the games in 2010 as well as we didnt tip off vs Vermont until after 10:00. I remember pulling into my driveway in Syracuse at 3AM after a full 12 hour day.

FYI - Last time I was able to sell my non-SU session tickets on eBay. I had to sell them for less than face but I did at least get something for them.

FYI - Last time I was able to sell my non-SU session tickets on eBay. I had to sell them for less than face but I did at least get something for them.
I'm assuming that would be more cost-effective than waiting until after Selection Sunday to buy the SU session, right?

I bought a ticket in 2010 on Craigslist to an SU game in Buffalo for $35. Hopefully, I'll find a similar deal this time around.

I'm assuming that would be more cost-effective than waiting until after Selection Sunday to buy the SU session, right?

I don't know what the SU sessions went for on the secondary market.

Impossible to know, because you don't know who else may be buying Buffalo tix in the hopes of seeing their team placed there. If somehow SU were to get shipped to another location just think how affordable these tix will become for the fans of whoever it is that takes our place here as the Syracuse fans try to shed the tickets. I think there is almost always an affordable after market with these tickets because so many of the original tickets are bought on speculation.

Even with Syracuse in Buffalo, we probably aren't going to sell the place to capacity with our fans. Remember the Thursday game is a #1 v #16 matchup, not exactly compelling. The Saturday game may be better, but possibly only marginally. On top of that many SU fans who might otherwise be willing to spend the money and travel to Buffalo may be waiting to spend their NCAA bucks in NYC the following weekend.

This talk bums me out year after year.
It's the nature of the beast of how the tournament is designed, but here's what I think should be the bottom line.

Buy the tickets as a basketball fan who wants to watch the tournament live.
If Syracuse makes it to Buffalo, all the more (big) bonus.
If Syracuse doesn't make it, root for some great games.
Worst thing that could happen is the Buffalo game(s) overlap with our game, in which case you have to punt.

My buddies and I bought Philly tickets last year months in advance.
We planned a great basketball trip - even though it was starting to shake out early that SU would be shipped somewhere else.
Ended up going to all 4 games on Friday... and in turn, saw FGCU make that amazing run (and beat Georgetown!!)
Spent Saturday in Philly bar-hopping and watching the sweet 16, including our game.
Only bummer was the Philly session on Sunday started too late for us to stick around - but we were able to sell those tickets pretty easily and at cost, IIRC.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/c...sales-bode-well-for-ncaas-in-buffalo-20140119

It's sold out every year, so if you want to go you should buy now.

Put me in the camp that buys tickets the day they go on sale. If you get good tickets, you are in a much better position if

1) you don't want to go to the sessions SU doesn't play in because good tickets are always going to be easy to sell (and you will probably be able to buy a good profit too if you are a capitalist).

2) SU gets assigned to another region and you need to sell your tickets (assuming you want to sell; if the tickets are good and SU was assigned somewhere far away, you might want to keep them and enjoy the scene; Buffalo is a fun place to spend some time watching college basketball).

The thing I am really mad about is that there were no tickets sold to the public for the Eastern Regional at MSG this year. This was to my knowledge an unprecedented thing. NCAA tickets have always been available to the general public, free from the corruption so many events are saddled with where promoters work in conjunction with scalpers to get maximum profits. I don't know if it was the NCAA, the MSG ticket office or both working together (that is my guess) but for the first time ever, I tried to buy tickets to an NCAA event the second they were made available and no tickets were available to buy.

Some journalist looking for a good story should investigate. This is a scandal waiting to be written about.

...The thing I am really mad about is that there were no tickets sold to the public for the Eastern Regional at MSG this year...

Does this mean that, as long as everything goes the way we are hoping, the only way to see 'Cuse in the East Regional at MSG will be to pay outrageous prices on places like StubHub?

Put me in the camp that buys tickets the day they go on sale. If you get good tickets, you are in a much better position if

1) you don't want to go to the sessions SU doesn't play in because good tickets are always going to be easy to sell (and you will probably be able to buy a good profit too if you are a capitalist).

2) SU gets assigned to another region and you need to sell your tickets (assuming you want to sell; if the tickets are good and SU was assigned somewhere far away, you might want to keep them and enjoy the scene; Buffalo is a fun place to spend some time watching college basketball).

The thing I am really mad about is that there were no tickets sold to the public for the Eastern Regional at MSG this year. This was to my knowledge an unprecedented thing. NCAA tickets have always been available to the general public, free from the corruption so many events are saddled with where promoters work in conjunction with scalpers to get maximum profits. I don't know if it was the NCAA, the MSG ticket office or both working together (that is my guess) but for the first time ever, I tried to buy tickets to an NCAA event the second they were made available and no tickets were available to buy.

Some journalist looking for a good story should investigate. This is a scandal waiting to be written about.

I found MSG tickets on prime sport, but only available with the very pricey fan experience and VIP hospitality. All session tickets are well over 1000 with these additional fringes. Maybe regular tickets will be available later, maybe not.

sutomcat said:
Put me in the camp that buys tickets the day they go on sale. If you get good tickets, you are in a much better position if 1) you don't want to go to the sessions SU doesn't play in because good tickets are always going to be easy to sell (and you will probably be able to buy a good profit too if you are a capitalist). 2) SU gets assigned to another region and you need to sell your tickets (assuming you want to sell; if the tickets are good and SU was assigned somewhere far away, you might want to keep them and enjoy the scene; Buffalo is a fun place to spend some time watching college basketball). The thing I am really mad about is that there were no tickets sold to the public for the Eastern Regional at MSG this year. This was to my knowledge an unprecedented thing. NCAA tickets have always been available to the general public, free from the corruption so many events are saddled with where promoters work in conjunction with scalpers to get maximum profits. I don't know if it was the NCAA, the MSG ticket office or both working together (that is my guess) but for the first time ever, I tried to buy tickets to an NCAA event the second they were made available and no tickets were available to buy. Some journalist looking for a good story should investigate. This is a scandal waiting to be written about.

I've been railing about the same since the day schools like SU started promoting stub hub and the NCAA started pimping prime sports and all this VIP experience crap. Yet try to scalp a ticket yourself anywhere near these venues.

I'm in the same camp and I got end seats in the 1st level which are decent. Only problem is that I have a conflict on Saturday and now even my Thursday might be in jeopardy. I'm not happy.

I went to Pittsburgh back in 2012 when we played UNC Ashville, it was amazing. I ended up getting tix for some ungodly cheap amount on Stubhub. It was something like $10 a ticket for the session that SU was in. Obviously we were struggling in that game. We were in the upper level and a lot of Pitt-area fans were talking a lot of smack to my fiancee and I during the game.

Second half, I said the hell with this, and we moved down to the lower level 100 section where at least we'd be around SU fans if the unthinkable happened. It was pretty exciting to be there to witness it. DC was about 10 rows in front of us, and he didn't sit down the whole second half. I remember feeling bad for the people sitting behind him.

I also met Scoop Jardine's dad outside the arena after the game and had a chuckle because I thought for some reason he was Marvin Graves. Don't ask me why, but it was pretty funny when it was clear I had no idea who Scoop's dad was.

Last year we shelled out $$ and took the trip down to DC for the elite 8, and I'm so glad we did. The game was incredible, and after the game I ran into and posed for photos with the likes of Pearl, Poetry in Moten and Leo. That's the amazing thing about SU at tourney time...all the greats show up and cheer on their school.

Anyone who's on the fence... just buy the tix, make sure you have a smartphone or tablet with you that will be streaming march madness live (free app that's always available during march madness) and you're all set!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom