ND speaks | Syracusefan.com

ND speaks

goodroc

Starter
Notre Dame president: "We're really happy in the ACC. But I am concerned about continual instability of this conference situation."

Notre Dame president: "We're really happy in the ACC. But I am concerned about continual instability of this conference situation."
= "Give us more money for exactly the same 5 FB games and our fabulous Olympic sports."

Reading the article that came from, it seems his words are being slightly twisted. Headlines read is is concerned about ACC, when his statement sounds more like a concern about conference realignment in general. He doesn't say this "conference's" situation, he says "conference."

No President, Chancellor or Conference Head is going to say anything material in a public article. They go out and do.

This statement doesn't mean squat. It is intentionally vague and may be twisted and reinterpreted almost anyway you can imagine. And that's exactly what's happening.

Any word from the Tulane President?

I can't imagine ND is ever all that worried about any conference's instability. I can see them keeping an eye on the sport overall, to keep a pulse on their own independence. But they can enter any conference they want, anytime.

September 2012... ND to ACC "Yes will be joining the conference for everything but football, but will play 8 games per year against conference opponents."

Thanksgiving Eve... ND to ACC "You've been punk'd."

Hey Jack, join the ACC for all sports and your conference stability issues go away