ND | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ND

The speculation above regarding how SU's defense will hold up against ND's offense is not the biggest concern imo. ND is 9-0 and in the top 4 because of their defense. Their front four (and their replacements) can put a lot of pressure on a QB without the help of a blitz. Their back seven are very fast and they're good tacklers. The two corners are shutdown guys that will play in the NFL and the safety (Gilman) is all over the field making plays.

As it stands now this matchup is a house money type for us. All the pressure will be on ND (provided FSU doesn't accidentally knock them off) and our team will be absolutely jacked for this one. Brian Kelly's teams almost always lay an egg when they face a true test and we will punch them square in the face. I'd like nothing more than to see us turn his melon red and embarrass that program.

Brian Kelly killed a kid.

No one should forget this.

I'm going to be in NYC for the game that weekend from FL and really trying to think of a creative poster to make portraying this without coming across as a total dbag

It's hard...it's really hard haha

I'm going to be in NYC for the game that weekend from FL and really trying to think of a creative poster to make portraying this without coming across as a total dbag

OttoinGrotto could probably help out

I will place a bet on this...
What would you like to place a bet on?

The fact that you were wrong about their "veteran" offensive line?
Or that Alton, Coleman, Kingsley, Ruff, Slayon and Mckinley will sack him a bunch?

The speculation above regarding how SU's defense will hold up against ND's offense is not the biggest concern imo. ND is 9-0 and in the top 4 because of their defense. Their front four (and their replacements) can put a lot of pressure on a QB without the help of a blitz. Their back seven are very fast and they're good tacklers. The two corners are shutdown guys that will play in the NFL and the safety (Gilman) is all over the field making plays.

So far, nobody has found an answer to covering Riley and Nykeim inside and Custis isn't getting any shorter or slower by the time we play them. Once they sub out a LB for a DB to cover the smaller quick guys, we run the ball.

OttoinGrotto could probably help out
Never Forget - Oct. 27, 2010

That's the sign.

Although... the thing that gives me some pause is that the family doesn't appear to harbor ill will against Notre Dame. I wouldn't want to face them with a painful reminder that they've lost their son.

On the other hand, Brian Kelly did kill him, and nothing happened to him.

There was also an incident in which a girl killed herself...id have to be really shitfaced to bring either up tho.

#2, NY “home” team, November...need I say more?

Dungey might score 100

Notre Dame seems pretty tough but they are allowing way more YPG on average (341) than Clemson (264) ... we didn't shine against Clemson but did almost enough to win. With Dino in charge anything is possible.

Two points on that.

One, Clemson is probably the best defensive team in the country along with Bama. Two, ND's YPG is a little bit misleading in the sense that they had huge leads in a few games and allowed the opponent to pile up a lot of garbage time yardage after the outcome was long ago determined. On the other hand that's a criticism of Kelly and ND in that when he gets ahead he gets very conservative and doesn't put teams away. Comebacks are def possible particularly for a fast tempo squad like SU. Last night was a perfect example. Book was picking NW apart then they get a lead and run the ball up the middle every play to burn clock. Almost cost them the game.

Two points on that.

One, Clemson is probably the best defensive team in the country along with Bama. Two, ND's YPG is a little bit misleading in the sense that they had huge leads in a few games and allowed the opponent to pile up a lot of garbage time yardage after the outcome was long ago determined. On the other hand that's a criticism of Kelly and ND in that when he gets ahead he gets very conservative and doesn't put teams away. Comebacks are def possible particularly for a fast tempo squad like SU. Last night was a perfect example. Book was picking NW apart then they get a lead and run the ball up the middle every play to burn clock. Almost cost them the game.

On that note, thought It was an excellent defensive stand on Wake’s last possesion not to allow even meaningless points. Awesome discipline. That’s on Dino and his culture.

Overall, agree that ND’s defense will be a challenge. But as you said yourself, Clemson’s is better and we did manage to get over 300 yds and score 23 on them.

Nothing to do with the bad events you mentioned, but how about this as a poster?

Our Mother?

OUR HOUSE!

Last edited:
Yeah, they can run, but it's their balance on offense that will be the real problem.

Yeah the concern might be more on defending the pass than the run. There were WF dudes wandering through the SU secondary all alone yesterday yet they failed to convert. Can't have that against ND cuz they won't miss those chances. On a side note that Dortch is a helluva player for WF.

Yeah the concern might be more on defending the pass than the run. There were WF dudes wandering through the SU secondary all alone yesterday yet they failed to convert. Can't have that against ND cuz they won't miss those chances. On a side note that Dortch is a helluva player for WF.

Could play out very much like the N.C. State game IMO

Any thoughts on the betting line for SU/ND? My guess is somewhere between 14 and 17.

Any thoughts on the betting line for SU/ND? My guess is somewhere between 14 and 17.
It'll be less than that. I bet ND -9 assuming they take care of business vs. FSU

What would you like to place a bet on?

The fact that you were wrong about their "veteran" offensive line?
Or that Alton, Coleman, Kingsley, Ruff, Slayon and Mckinley will sack him a bunch?

I’ve watched too many ND games. Really worried that a D with all seniors and juniors will cause our D to be on the field a lot.

I hate Notre Dame, but they have a strong lineup (and yep, saw that Northwestern was pretty tough.)

Notre Dame will be due to choke. They will have all of the pressure of the world on them. We get to be the spoiler. I feel really good about that game.

It'll be less than that. I bet ND -9 assuming they take care of business vs. FSU

I'd be shocked if it were single digits but we'll see.

I’m not flying 6,000 miles for an L.
Ha ha ha ha! CuseTroop, that made me laugh out loud. Then I stroked my beardless chin and thought, “You know. . . . He’s probably right!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom