ND... | Syracusefan.com

ND...

As a ND fan myself, I have to admit that ND should explain the University's reaction to Manti's hoax and the lack of reaction to this girl's actual death. That being said, I think the most preposterous scandal to ever hit college FB happened in Happy Valley, PA.

Excellent, excellent article. Glad it ran in a national paper, and very glad someone called him out on it. Wish she talked about the scissor lift, too.

Terrific reporting and a great read.

I'll assume it will be all over ESPN tonight. ;)

''This whole thing is so nutsy that I believe it only could have happened at Notre Dame, where mythology trumps common sense on a daily basis. ... Given the choice between reality and fiction, Notre Dame always will choose fiction,'' sports writer Rick Telander said in the Chicago Sun-Times.
''Which brings me to what I believe is the real reason Te'o and apparently his father, at least went along with this scheme: the Heisman Trophy.
Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass blasted both Te'o and Notre Dame.
''When your girlfriend dying of leukemia after suffering a car crash tells you she loves you, even if it might help you win the Heisman Trophy, you check it out,'' he said.
He said the university's failure to call a news conference and go public sooner means ''Notre Dame is complicit in the lie.''
''The school fell in love with the Te'o girlfriend myth,'' he wrote.

As a ND fan myself, I have to admit that ND should explain the University's reaction to Manti's hoax and the lack of reaction to this girl's actual death. That being said, I think the most preposterous scandal to ever hit college FB happened in Happy Valley, PA.

The Happy Valley scandal was horrendous, not preposterous.

The Happy Valley scandal was horrendous, not preposterous.
It seemed pretty preposterous to me that decades of sexual abuse of minors would be covered up to help a college win football games. But not to disagree with you, it also seemed horrendous.

Excellent, excellent article. Glad it ran in a national paper, and very glad someone called him out on it. Wish she talked about the scissor lift, too.

Love the sig. Thought that was hilarious happening live especially with 10 people still on the pile.

Who was the player in question in this article? I am assuming she knew (Brennan I mean) and just didnt mention the person name.

Who was the player in question in this article? I am assuming she knew (Brennan I mean) and just didnt mention the person name.
I think jgeorge is implying it was Prince Shembo who was the player in question.

I think jgeorge is implying it was Prince Shembo who was the player in question.

Right just realized that after I hit post. Thanks.