Nebraska fires AD Shawn Eichorst / hires Bill Moos | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fires AD Shawn Eichorst / hires Bill Moos

Wow fired the AD before Riley. Of course, the new AD will probably want to hire his own guy if Riley doesn't get it together.

Living in the past and underscores the madness that college athletics has become.

Cue up the Scott Frost to Nebraska press conference in 4-3-2-1...

No sympathy; none, zero, nada...
How in the world do you hire Mike Riley in the 1st place, then give him that kind of extension in the 2nd place?!

Poor UCF - hit by a hurricane and coach stolen by a cornhusker

Just glad it's not us. Thanks, Scott! Sorry I cursed your name when I thought we'd hired Ash.

Poor UCF - hit by a hurricane and coach stolen by a cornhusker

Just glad it's not us. Thanks, Scott! Sorry I cursed your name when I thought we'd hired Ash.

yep, this is precisely why Frost allegedly wanted a really short term deal. Coyle is a lot of things but he isn't stupid.

Nebraska has named Washington State's Bill Moos as its new athletic director. Moos, who has been Washington State's AD since 2010, agreed to a five-year contract with an annual salary of $1 million. He served as Oregon's athletic director from 1995 through 2007.

yep, this is precisely why Frost allegedly wanted a really short term deal. Coyle is a lot of things but he isn't stupid.
You had me until you said Coyne isn't stupid.

Nebraska has named Washington State's Bill Moos as its new athletic director. Moos, who has been Washington State's AD since 2010, agreed to a five-year contract with an annual salary of $1 million. He served as Oregon's athletic director from 1995 through 2007.

Hey, Scott - who is your fav athletic director? Just asking.

The B1G sure does know how to pick expansion schools. They would’ve been better off picking CUSA schools out of a hat.

The B1G sure does know how to pick expansion schools. They would’ve been better off picking CUSA schools out of a hat.
They didn't so much add RU and UMD. The kept PSU, and the cost of that was being associated w/ the ladies and twerps.

PSU wants RU and UMD because of recruits and donations.

PSU had leverage because the ACC added SU, Pitt, and ND (partial), which made it extremely attractive.

The B1G wanted to keep PSU because of their football program and fan support.

RU and UMD wanted the B1G because they wanted to get paid for nothing (mostly RU).

Everybody won (except the ACC, which traded UMD for UL, which may or may not have been a win).

EDIT: I assume you're taking a shot at the UMD/RU add. If not, Nebraska still has a name, and they're still pretty good 25-35 range). But more importantly, they have strong fan support, so they bring money into the conference.

They didn't so much add RU and UMD. The kept PSU, and the cost of that was being associated w/ the ladies and twerps.

PSU wants RU and UMD because of recruits and donations.

PSU had leverage because the ACC added SU, Pitt, and ND (partial), which made it extremely attractive.

The B1G wanted to keep PSU because of their football program and fan support.

RU and UMD wanted the B1G because they wanted to get paid for nothing (mostly RU).

Everybody won (except the ACC, which traded UMD for UL, which may or may not have been a win).

EDIT: I assume you're taking a shot at the UMD/RU add. If not, Nebraska still has a name, and they're still pretty good 25-35 range). But more importantly, they have strong fan support, so they bring money into the conference.

It was a joke. But PSU was never leaving the B1G. No way they were going to leave $10-20 million behind annually, especially given alll their legal bills. I know they were talking to the ACC. But it was not a viable threat.

The B1G added RU and UM for their markets and cable boxes. The PSU angle of that was mostly optics. And they’ve been stuck with 2 horrible programs. They don’t regret it, because $$$.

It was a joke. But PSU was never leaving the B1G. No way they were going to leave $10-20 million behind annually, especially given alll their legal bills. I know they were talking to the ACC. But it was not a viable threat.

The B1G added RU and UM for their markets and cable boxes. The PSU angle of that was mostly optics. And they’ve been stuck with 2 horrible programs. They don’t regret it, because $$$.
Imagine the ACC + PSU - it would t have been anywhere close to a $15 MM difference.

And even then, $20 MM is a drop in the bucket to staying regionally relevant and keeping recruiting pipelines open (compare Nebraska in 1995 to Nebraska when they lost their ability to recruit and their status as 'the' big game in the southwest/plains).

Markets and cable boxes only matter if they're attached to people who are interested in what you're selling.* Who honestly cares about RU athletics? And I'll give you UMD basketball, but what else?

*see Adam Smith and the concept of supply and demand