Nebraska fires AD Shawn Eichorst / hires Bill Moos | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fires AD Shawn Eichorst / hires Bill Moos

Imagine the ACC + PSU - it would t have been anywhere close to a $15 MM difference.

And even then, $20 MM is a drop in the bucket to staying regionally relevant and keeping recruiting pipelines open (compare Nebraska in 1995 to Nebraska when they lost their ability to recruit and their status as 'the' big game in the southwest/plains).

Markets and cable boxes only matter if they're attached to people who are interested in what you're selling.* Who honestly cares about RU athletics? And I'll give you UMD basketball, but what else?

*see Adam Smith and the concept of supply and demand

We’ve talked all the expansion stuff to death on this board so I won’t rehash it. Suffice it to say that the B1G Network pays a ton to its member schools and the ACCN will not pay as much, even if PSU were in it.

Rutgers and Maryland meant the BTN got premium rates in the NY, Baltimore and DC markets. It really doesn’t matter who’s watching.

It’s just glorious that he B1G added two dregs and now Nebraska is falling apart. I laugh at them. Laugh.

We’ve talked all the expansion stuff to death on this board so I won’t rehash it. Suffice it to say that the B1G Network pays a ton to its member schools and the ACCN will not pay as much, even if PSU were in it.

Rutgers and Maryland meant the BTN got premium rates in the NY, Baltimore and DC markets. It really doesn’t matter who’s watching.

It’s just glorious that he B1G added two dregs and now Nebraska is falling apart. I laugh at them. Laugh.
It absolutely matters who is watching and/or who is willing to pay for access to the content. Where do you think that the money comes from?

And you're wrong on the ACCN. It all depends on how much risk the conference is willing to expose itself to.

There is no media exception to the basic rules of finance and economics. PSU would have jumped. Delaney and Wisconsin's AD said as much, and why would they lie against their own interest?

The Cornhuskers are a trainwreck this year. Nebraska fans want Riley gone yesterday. Scott Frost is their next coach, of course. I think everyone has known that since at least our talks with him. I'm glad that didn't work out for us.

Schiano would be a better choice than Frost. OSU defense is insane this year. 4* starter gets tossed for helmet hit, bring in a 5* freshman to replace him..

785be1a84e9961376d2553bc9f7da845--funny-cartoons-funny-comics.jpg

It absolutely matters who is watching and/or who is willing to pay for access to the content. Where do you think that the money comes from?

And you're wrong on the ACCN. It all depends on how much risk the conference is willing to expose itself to.

There is no media exception to the basic rules of finance and economics. PSU would have jumped. Delaney and Wisconsin's AD said as much, and why would they lie against their own interest?

I’m wrong about the ACCN? Haha. OK.

Schiano would be a better choice than Frost. OSU defense is insane this year. 4* starter gets tossed for helmet hit, bring in a 5* freshman to replace him..
No, their defense is not “insane” this year. They’re just beating bad offensive teams. The teams they’ve beaten average in at 85 in Total Offense. The only team they’ve beaten in the top 70 of Total Offense was UNLV. The same UNLV that lost to Howard.

Being at the Nebraska game yesterday their fan base is still mad/angry at firing Bo Pelini after consecutive 9 and 10 seasons. Boy do they wish they had that back.

With all that being said they think Frost will be the next guy and don't expect big things from him. Nebraska fans almost have a scry infatuation with their past players.

For the first time in my 29 years of life I can say to my friends that Syracuse is having a better season and future than Nebraska and I love it!

In the 90s when we were winning 10 games a season and going to big bowls they were winning 12 and playing national title games. When they hired Callahan and fell to the bottom of the big 12 we hired GRob and fell to the bottom of all of college football. I can finally sit here and say I am excited about college football and the rest of the season and Syracuse's future while Nebraska media dreams about Scott Frost and is about ready to go through another rebuild with a coach that has only had one head coaching job for 2 years. Good luck.

As for the reaction in Omaha to the upset on Friday its been surreal. The bar I somewhat turned into the official Syracuse bar of Omaha left the score up on the special board all weekend after I drunkenly wrote it on the board after the game. People were just stopping me on Friday night in my 44 jersey to talk about the game. I was at a grocery story yesterday and walk past a guy wearing a Syracuse jacket, we stop chat about the game and Dino and how we do have a shot against Miami. Syracuse fans across the nation are finally coming out.

Of course we did give the Nebraska media hope which made me laugh, saw a lot of "Well if Syracuse can do it surely Nebraska has a chance against Ohio State cause Syracuse is Syracuse blah blah blah" tweets. Nebraska then goes out and doesn't make Ohio State punt for the second year in a row. I just sat at the bar and smirked the whole game while I saw the Syracuse score scroll across the bottom line every 10 minutes.

No, their defense is not “insane” this year. They’re just beating bad offensive teams. The teams they’ve beaten average in at 85 in Total Offense. The only team they’ve beaten in the top 70 of Total Offense was UNLV. The same UNLV that lost to Howard.
Yes, they are beating bad offensive teams but I have never seen a defense this fast save for a Bama defense in the last 2-3 years. Talk about flying all over the field.

You're arguing with the wrong guy on this one...

This is not going to end well for you. Scooch is the board’s media guru.

You might as well tell MadNY3 he doesn’t know dog poo about branding while you’re at it.

And maybe go for the trifecta and tell Kaiser he’s the sweetest poster on our board.

This is not going to end well for you. Scooch is the board’s media guru.

You might as well tell MadNY3 he doesn’t know dog poo about branding while you’re at it.

And maybe go for the trifecta and tell Kaiser he’s the sweetest poster on our board.
He might be a media guru, but his understanding of economics and finance are both severely lacking.

I'll take my graduate Ivy Leage business degree over his ability to find ESPN 8 on Dish without having to press the 'Guide' button.

He might be a media guru, but his understanding of economics and finance are both severely lacking.

I'll take my graduate Ivy Leage business degree over his ability to find ESPN 8 on Dish without having to press the 'Guide' button.

You don’t need an Ivy League degree to know Delaney was completely FOS to use PSU’s “wandering eye” as a justification for bringing RU & UMD to the B1g.

No way PSU jumps to the ACC on projected earnings from a proposed ACC network.

You have no clue what you are up against on this one. But have at it.

Being at the Nebraska game yesterday their fan base is still mad/angry at firing Bo Pelini after consecutive 9 and 10 seasons. Boy do they wish they had that back.

With all that being said they think Frost will be the next guy and don't expect big things from him. Nebraska fans almost have a scry infatuation with their past players.
Agree was at the game as well...They are still angry about the Solich firing as well. We have a suite and it was empty at half.. UGLY times for NU