NET and KenPom Tracker 23-24 (SU = 84 3/9/24) | Syracusefan.com

NET and KenPom Tracker 23-24 (SU = 84 3/9/24)

Sbucketball

All Conference
Currently #112 overall in KenPom. Started at #105, and dropped 7 spots after starting 3-0 but failing to dominate mid-majors.

I don't believe NET is public yet.

KenPom: https://kenpom.com/

NET: (link once it's public)

KenPom for opponents as of 11/15:

UNH: 256
Cansius: 230
Colgate: 148

Upcoming game against Tenn - #8 in KenPom

Our computer numbers should improve dramatically coming out of Hawaii as long as we don't lose each by 20+. The goal is to get into the 40s to be in the safe zone. Obviously, a lot of games to be played yet.
Yeah, losing by 5 to Tennesse or Purdue would help our Net far more than winning by 5 against Colgate.

I think our best chance at a win is if we get Purdue. Largely because this might be the only game that McCleod is suited for.

I think our best chance at a win is if we get Purdue. Largely because this might be the only game that McCleod is suited for.
2022-23 Florida State vs Purdue:
Zach Edey 33 min, 11-14 FG, 25 points, 8 rebounds
Naheem Mcleod 28 min, 1-4 FG, 2 points, 3 rebounds.

He is no where near suited for the best big in the entire county and maybe the best player in the country.
Our best shot at a win is in a game against Tennessee where they struggle to score or in a perfectly played game against Gonzaga.

well that’s deflating

Looking at last years tournament, Cuse can definitely take their lumps and still have a good resume to make the dance.

Maryland 22-13 (11-9) in a great conference of course. They also went 1-2 in their big non-conf games (UCLA, Miami, Tennessee).

Bottom line: Cuse has plenty of Q1 and Q2 opportunities in front of them to build a good resume.

Looking at last years tournament, Cuse can definitely take their lumps and still have a good resume to make the dance.

Maryland 22-13 (11-9) in a great conference of course. They also went 1-2 in their big non-conf games (UCLA, Miami, Tennessee).

Bottom line: Cuse has plenty of Q1 and Q2 opportunities in front of them to build a good resume.
There aren’t as many Q1 and Q2 opportunities in the ACC vs the Big 10. I would say we have more Q1 and Q2 opportunities in our non con than conf play.

ACC has a lot of Q3 and Q4 opportunities at the bottom.

He is no where near suited for the best big in the entire county and maybe the best player in the country.
Our best shot at a win is in a game against Tennessee where they struggle to score or in a perfectly played game against Gonzaga.

Yeah, but on the other hand, he got his butt kicked by this guy before. So he's knows he's in for a tough game, and hopefully will be more effective the second time around.

We fell to 114, which is two spots behind BC. That clearly isn't right.

Well, we were down 24 in the 2nd half to Colgate at home, and they've beaten us the last 2 years and made the NCAA tournament, while we mostly sucked. So, if we are ranked 30 spots above Colgate, that seems fair to me. Like others said in this thread, if we don't get our butts kicked in Hawaii and keep games competitive, our computer rankings will go up a lot.

There aren’t as many Q1 and Q2 opportunities in the ACC vs the Big 10. I would say we have more Q1 and Q2 opportunities in our non con than conf play.

ACC has a lot of Q3 and Q4 opportunities at the bottom.
depends on how the rest of the non-conf goes...the teams' quadrants will fluctuate a lot from here

LSU being ranked 72 makes me doubt Kenpom all together.

You can’t even use the excuse that it’s based on last year because they stunk last year too.

Also, the NCCA website doesn’t track NET yet but CBS does:

You can’t even use the excuse that it’s based on last year because they stunk last year too.
Takes a couple of months for the computer rankings to have enough data to be relatively accurate

Also, the NCCA website doesn’t track NET yet but CBS does:

Uh, last year were we 22-12, and did we make the NCAA Tournament?

Uh, last year were we 22-12, and did we make the NCAA Tournament?
Straight from their website.
7C905C13-E272-4856-9F01-D89FBDF9927F.jpeg

Our remaining non-conference opponents:
Cornell 102
Georgetown 171
Oregon 50
Niagara 298

Really need to win that game against Oregon and can’t drop the ball vs Cornell.
And Georgetown. I don’t care if they brought in Cooley. We should not lose to them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom