Never seen a team jaw as much as Minnesota... | Syracusefan.com

Never seen a team jaw as much as Minnesota...

supp

Hall of Fame
after every play, they were getting in the SU players' faces. Sure, they got a response back and maybe the Minnesota guys were just giving what they were getting, but I never saw this kind of banter after every play in the other games. Hate the trash talk. Glad SU took them down a couple of notches.

supp said:
after every play, they were getting in the SU players' faces. Sure, they got a response back and maybe the Minnesota guys were just giving what they were getting, but I never saw this kind of banter after every play in the other games. Hate the trash talk. Glad SU took them down a couple of notches.

Looked like the secondary didn't appreciate Ashton's comments. Lots of big hits and yaking after plays. In the end - it didn't matter.

Ohio State

Not even close.

Everything about that program, its fans, and that whole state, is reprehensible

Florida State players jawed the whole game as well but when you're that good you can do what you want.

It was funny (because it didnt get a flag) when 150 lb Chris Clark shoved the Mini soda defender. What exactly was he going to do there? Probably had their coaches tell them to jaw at us based on the amount of penalties we had this year to be honest.

I thought the Minny player should have earned a personal foul penalty on the first play of the game for standing up with Clarks leg after the tackle. Of course, Clark nearly got one for the retaliatory shove. Preemptive officiating would have been good there.

Just me, or did their band seem cheap too playing full volume up until the snap?

Personally, I think the jawing was emanating from a blue helmet more times than note. I think what you saw was Minn's players response to it. Our team trash talks constantly. Part of me is okay with it because it has taken us so long to have some swagger / confidence... Part of me wishes we'd just shut up and play hardnosed football.

supp said:

I thought the Minny player should have earned a personal foul penalty on the first play of the game for standing up with Clarks leg after the tackle. Of course, Clark nearly got one for the retaliatory shove. Preemptive officiating would have been good there.

That was one of the moments where the awfulness of the announcers was clear - they were having a hard time figuring out why Clark was so upset.

Personally, I think the jawing was emanating from a blue helmet more times than note. I think what you saw was Minn's players response to it. Our team trash talks constantly. Part of me is okay with it because it has taken us so long to have some swagger / confidence... Part of me wishes we'd just shut up and play hardnosed football.

Agree 1000000%

Agree 1000000%

Orangetradition44 is dead on. We have our fair share of guys that are chatty. Our secondary in particular has guys that talk all game long. Personally I don't mind it.

Orangetradition44 is dead on. We have our fair share of guys that are chatty. Our secondary in particular has guys that talk all game long. Personally I don't mind it.

Doesn't bother me at all either.

But it was more often than not Minnesota's defense talking trash to the offense. Minnesota's secondary might have been upset at Broyld's comments but it looked like all of them were talking nonstop. I just found it strange because I hadn't seen so much after the play banter as I saw in this game. Our guys might talk but these guys were at least giving as good as they got.

Think it might have anything to do with carryover from the rodeo thing the day before?

Typically, opposing teams don't have much interaction before playing or if they do, it's in more of a formal setting. From the few pics I've seen, the rodeo was more raucous (and competitive) than a typical bowl function, which may have kick started the banter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom