New ACC logo? | Syracusefan.com

New ACC logo?

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN 51m
The ACC has a brand new logo (but don't tell anyone) pic.twitter.com/zcXRT0nKMc

Bnh42YuIYAAeQBe.jpg

Why are they shown in Pitt's colors?

Also, I hope that's not it because all the different angles drive me crazy. The angle on the cross in the A doesn't match the C's

Fire the art director! Below is the best conference logo out there. They should have used the PAC 12s design studio to create the new ACC logo.

image-1123933319.jpg

Why are they shown in Pitt's colors?

Also, I hope that's not it because all the different angles drive me crazy. The angle on the cross in the A doesn't match the C's

Probably got it from a Pitt source. I would assume that everybody will put it into their own colors on their unis just like they do now.

Fire the art director! Below is the best conference logo out there. They should have used the PAC 12s design studio to create the new ACC logo.

View attachment 13150

OK, they have the Rocky Mountains as a unifying theme for their conference since various parts of the chain are in all their states. What should be ours, the ocean waves of Indiana? :noidea:

Note the subtle use of triangles.

Triangles?! RESEARCH TRIANGLE!!!

TOBACCO ROAD STILL RUNS THIS LEAGUE!!!!!

I think they tried to offset it by using Pitt's colors. It looks like they lifted it right from their helmet.

Chip said:
I think they tried to offset it by using Pitt's colors. It looks like they lifted it right from their helmet.

Looks like Notre Dame's colors to me.

:)

YUK! Go back to this please! Add the dots and be done with it. This is the best logo the league has had, and the ACC lettering is fine. Is this new thing a joke?

images

Hoo's That said:
OK, they have the Rocky Mountains as a unifying theme for their conference since various parts of the chain are in all their states. What should be ours, the ocean waves of Indiana? :noidea:

I used to be a graphic designer and feel that with the ACCs budget, they could have done much better. There are a ton of designers out there that could come up with some creative ideas IMO. A league like the ACC should have an icon that stands the test of time not just some stylized letters.

Now they will have to change all the logos on the dome carpet again...after just adding them last year.

This new logo thing is not on any other ACC boards. Is this for real? What was wrong with the existing font...it's recognizable.

Btstimpy said:
YUK! Go back to this please! Add the dots and be done with it. This is the best logo the league has had, and the ACC lettering is fine. Is this new thing a joke?

That thing is problematic in about a 1,000 ways. It's an okay secondary mark (like it's used now) -but it's pretty old looking.

Madbiker said:
This new logo thing is not on any other ACC boards. Is this for real? What was wrong with the existing font...it's recognizable.

It's all over twitter.

That thing is problematic in about a 1,000 ways. It's an okay secondary mark (like it's used now) -but it's pretty old looking.

Jazz it up to make it modern if you will, but keep the map in the Logo. It's the heritage and tradition of the logo and of the league. The letters can be put on the courts and fields and used as well, but the seal is bolder. Changing fonts for the letters is ho hum. Why go to the trouble?

acc-logos.jpg

Jazz it up to make it modern if you will, but keep the map in the Logo. It's the heritage and tradition of the logo and of the league. The letters can be put on the courts and fields and used as well, but the seal is bolder. Changing fonts for the letters is ho hum. Why go to the trouble?

acc-logos.jpg
What the ACC really needs is a proofreader...
How does 7/1/2004 predate 10/17/2003?
Also, weren't there egregious typos on banners or pamphlets in some earlier threads?

Last edited:
What the ACC really needs is a proofreader...
How does 7/1/2004 predate 10/17/2003?
Also, weren't there seriously egregious typos on banners or pamphlets?

The timeline is about the additions. 7/1/2004 is when VT and Miami actually joined officially. They accepted in July, 2002. The Logo wasn't changed. Just 2 stars were added for VT and Miami. 10/17/2003 is when BC was announced to join. They officially joined 7/1/2005. Why the author didn't say 7/1/2005? Who knows. But the action of BC accepting the invite on 10/17/2003 prompted the logo change. The author wasn't consistent in his accounting for dates. I see your point.

Btstimpy said:

The heritage and tradition of the league doesn't include us - we are grateful to be a part of it moving forward of course - but we don't have any attachment to the map.

From a practical standpoint it's just not a good idea. You lose all effectiveness at lower sizes/resolution. I also don't love the leaked logo. Looks better than the current mark, I guess.