New Assistant | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big man coach (6'11") plugged into one of the top prep programs (Montverde Academy) in the country... Joseph Katuka

Cooper Flagg & Coach Katuka
Screenshot_20240402-212259_Instagram.jpg

Some of the guys he coached this year at M.A. who also happen to be playing tonight in the McyD's game...
Screenshot_20240402-213037_Instagram.jpg

Fun fact: Joe was teammates with Embiid at M.A...
Screenshot_20240402-213406_Instagram.jpg

A big man coach (6'11") plugged into one of the top prep programs (Montverde) in the country... Joseph Katuka

View attachment 239494

Some of the guys he coached this year at M.A. who also happen to be playing tonight in the McyD's game...
View attachment 239497

View attachment 239498
What’s up with mcneeley post Indiana decommitment?

Dean confirmed this as well but like I mentioned last week, there's some real smoke with a MontVerde coach
Isn’t one of the current Montverde and McDonald’s All Americans open in his recruitment too since de-committing from Indiana?

Yup, Liam McNeeley... one of the best shooters in the country.

Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, UCONN

I wonder if part of the equation a bit is Griffin. Thought I read an insider (maybe Jake) suggest Griff could depart also. I could see if that was true, requiring Red to rethink potentially his approach. Maybe in that scenario for example he knows a guy who would be a bigman AHC and then that changes the name he was thinking about as an AHC replacing Gmac. Just spitballing.
Grif was on plane last Tuesday with me to lga decked out in su gear. He’s on the road recruiting.

A big man coach (6'11") plugged into one of the top prep programs (Montverde Academy) in the country... Joseph Katuka

View attachment 239494

View attachment 239497

View attachment 239498
I don’t love this tbh. He’s an AAU coach with no college coaching experience.

Isn’t this what Georgetown did but in a much more “all in” manner by making Ewing the head coach? I agree the star power would add something (if Red is the sort of person who can make that work for him) but it won’t be too long before recruits will have been too young to really know Melo’s career.
They can look it up - it ain't that hard!

Eric Musselman is expected to get the USC job. Can I still hope for Jason Hart to get the assistant job?

I don't see why J Hart would leave Cali for NY (again) to be an assistant. Just my own opinion. I think staying away from Syracuse alumni for the first few years of Autry is a good idea.
Agreed. I want new blood, new recruiting connections and new voices. Change is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom