New Chad Ford Big Board...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

New Chad Ford Big Board...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

jekelish

Living Legend
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ennis-vaults-top-10-nik-stauskas-debuts-no-14

Coming in at #10...ugh...

"Ennis is the hottest name in scouting circles at the moment. There's very little that's sexy about his game, but he's one of the most dependable, sure-handed freshman I've ever seen. He has led his team to a perfect record and the No. 2 ranking in the country. He has a 4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio, shoots 40 percent from 3-point range, and averages 2.5 steals a game. With so many NBA teams in dire need of a point guard, Ennis is beginning to look like a lock to go high in the draft."

Grant is still 17.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ennis-vaults-top-10-nik-stauskas-debuts-no-14

Coming in at #10...ugh...

"Ennis is the hottest name in scouting circles at the moment. There's very little that's s e x y about his game, but he's one of the most dependable, sure-handed freshman I've ever seen. He has led his team to a perfect record and the No. 2 ranking in the country. He has a 4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio, shoots 40 percent from 3-point range, and averages 2.5 steals a game. With so many NBA teams in dire need of a point guard, Ennis is beginning to look like a lock to go high in the draft."

Grant is still 17.

I think I might be more concerned with Ennis now...

I think JB and Grant's family could make a case that he moves up by coming back. Improved range, putting it on the floor more, etc.

However, with Tyler, if the iron is truly that hot, he might have to strike. JB said he knew Tyler was this good all along and I 'm holding out hope that he is not a 1 and done, as JB said.

If somehow Tyler and JG stay, next year would truly be a once a decade or longer team. What a deadly duo that would be, esp. with Cooney keeping everyone honest at the arc and improved Rak. Whatever Roberson and McCullough then do is gravy.

Last edited:

I think JB and Grant's family could make a case that he moves up by coming back. Improved range, putting it on the floor more, etc.

However, with Tyler, if the iron is truly that hot, he might have to strike. JB said he knew Tyler was this good all along and I 'm holding out hope that he is not a 1 and done, as JB said.

If someone Tyler and JG stay, next year would truly be a once a decade or longer team. What a deadly duo that would be, esp. with Cooney keeping everyone honest at the arc and improved Rak. Whatever Roberson and McCullough then do is gravy.
My only hope is that he takes a look at Marcus Smart and decides to takes his cues from him.

Look, I'm just going to keep banging this drum...

HE GAWN!

Kaleb, are you ready?

I'd be lying if I didn't say next year scares me.

But ill worry about that in early April after we've won the ncaa tournament.

My only hope is that he takes a look at Marcus Smart and decides to takes his cues from him.

You mean leave before your draft status suffers, right? Smart had an outside chance at #1, lowest he was going was 2 and now he's possibly the #3 PG

If someone Tyler and JG stay, next year would truly be a once a decade or longer team. What a deadly duo that would be, esp. with Cooney keeping everyone honest at the arc and improved Rak. Whatever Roberson and McCullough then do is gravy.

If the creator comes back, we're loaded, as Ryan observed recently.

I predict Ennis stays, Grant goes.

If I had to pick one to stay, it'd be Ennis. That backcourt will be tops in the country. Mike G and Kaleb will allow for an extra few mins of rest of Trevor to keep the legs fresh the last few mins.

However, in order to stay top 15, we'd really need Roberson and/or McCullough to have a fair/Grant-like impact. I'm not sure if that's asking too much.

Maybe BJ has a jump?

I'll be the negative nancy here... I predict Ennnis does not do so well in pre-draft workouts and pulls his name out. I think his lack of explosive athleticism and inability to finish at the hoop gets exposed in the 1:1 drills and he will laso get knocked because he isn't going to be able to defend some of the quicker guards out there 1:1. Additionally I think his set shot is a pretty big liability as he needs to be WIDE open before he is willing to shoot it. I know people like to compare Ennis to Andre Miller but Miller had a much more fluid offensive game than people remember. He could finish at the hoop at will and had a great midrange game and could shoot the three coming out of college. Again not saying Ennis won't get there but he's a long way from there now.

Look I love Ennis and I think he is one of the best we have ever had at executing a half court offense but I think some folks need to take off the orange colored glasses. Give him another year to fix some of the holes in his game and he probably will deserve all the hype he is getting. Of course he can develop those skills in the league as well.

Has to help that Exum put his name in. If Parker/Embiid go (which I think the comments about them staying a real chance is just fluff now), there is still a lot of coveted players at the top of this draft.

It's not the greatest draft like some had predicted, but Smart, Exum and LaVine are all looking to go top ten. If he waits until next year, his top PG competition might just be Mudiay and that is it, unless the one Harrison stays and blows up.

The good thing about being a program like Syracuse is everyone knows who we are. The bad thing is it's impossible to keep players like Tyler a secret.

Ennis doesn't seem the type to jump early unless he's a lock for the lottery, but I feel like his stock probably worsens the longer he stays here, so I'm starting to get a little worried now, even if I think Ennis would be a reach in the lottery.

If one of them is going to the NBA, I'd almost prefer that Grant stays. I just think it's going to be tough losing Grant's and Fair's experience at the forward positions. Roberson and McCullough can be studs, but ... well ... the Harrisons were supposed to be lottery locks as well.

Dunno. I hope they both stay, but my guess is that they're both gone.

The thought of only being able to enjoy Tyler Ennis for one year is just so depressing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom