New computer, problems on Chrome | Syracusefan.com

New computer, problems on Chrome

SWC75

Bored Historian
I just got a new computer installed today but found that when I went on Goggle Chrome I couldn't get a chat room and when i posted I had no field for the title or the text. Any advise as to what adjustments to make on Chrome?

I just got a new computer installed today but found that when I went on Goggle Chrome I couldn't get a chat room and when i posted I had no field for the title or the text. Any advise as to what adjustments to make on Chrome?
we recently bought an hp windows 10, 3 in 1 system and kept getting intermittant black screens in chrome. switched to edge and no problems since then.

we recently bought an hp windows 10, 3 in 1 system and kept getting intermittant black screens in chrome. switched to edge and no problems since then.

I had a black square of a brief time but it disappeared. I want to keep all my browsers compatible.

Here is what this screen looks like on Goggle Chrome:

1606545511226.png

Note the lack of the top tool bar, (ignore the snipping tool box).

If I ask to post a new thread it looks like this on Google Chrome:

1606545767338.png

I typed in a thread title, (I didn't even have a space for that when i posted the original message above), clicked on "post thread" and got this response:

Oops! We ran into some problems.

Please enter a valid message.

If I ask to post a new thread it looks like this on Google Chrome:

View attachment 191990

I typed in a thread title, (I didn't even have a space for that when i posted the original message above), clicked on "post thread" and got this response:

Oops! We ran into some problems.

Please enter a valid message.
Sorry you are having problems. I would try changing the style, which can be found on the far left hand side of dark blue ribbon at the bottom of the page. Don’t have a Chromebook to test with...

Sorry you are having problems. I would try changing the style, which can be found on the far left hand side of dark blue ribbon at the bottom of the page. Don’t have a Chromebook to test with...

There are three options there: Use default style, Syracuse Default and AO Only, (Arinze Onuaku?). I tried all three and it made no difference. I'm posting this on Edge, which i can continue using, obviously. I'd just like to be able to use all three of my browsers on this site.

There are three options there: Use default style, Syracuse Default and AO Only, (Arinze Onuaku?). I tried all three and it made no difference. I'm posting this on Edge, which i can continue using, obviously. I'd just like to be able to use all three of my browsers on this site.

What's the version of Chrome you're running?

Should be 86.0.4240.198 or newer.

Upper right hand corner, hit the three dots, hit "Help" then "About Google Chrome"

Might look to see if you are using any extensions for Chrome. Ad blockers, things like that can disable Xenforo functionality.

What's the version of Chrome you're running?

Should be 86.0.4240.198 or newer.

Upper right hand corner, hit the three dots, hit "Help" then "About Google Chrome"

This is on my new computer, where the guy set me up on the three browsers just yesterday. My Google Chrome number is 87.0.4280.66.

This is on my new computer, where the guy set me up on the three browsers just yesterday. My Google Chrome number is 87.0.4280.66.

That's the latest version.

Might look to see if you are using any extensions for Chrome. Ad blockers, things like that can disable Xenforo functionality.

(Note: I'm a technoidiot so i ask a lot of dumb quesitons)

Should I remove "uBlock origin"? Is that something that's going to hurt my new computer in other ways?

1606588863615.png

I haven't been able to see linked tweets on my Chromebook for over two weeks which diminishes the functionality of this site for me by at least half.

(Note: I'm a technoidiot so i ask a lot of dumb quesitons)

Should I remove "uBlock origin"? Is that something that's going to hurt my new computer in other ways?

View attachment 192016
I would turn it off and see if it helps.

That did the trick. Thanks. I hope there's no adverse side-effects.

That did the trick. Thanks. I hope there's no adverse side-effects.
You should be able to whitelist Syracuse fan.com by following these instructions:

uBlock / uBlock Origin
  1. Click the uBlock / uBlock Origin icon.
  2. Click the “power” button in the menu that appears to whitelist the current web site.
  3. Click the reload icon to reload the syracusefan.com page you were viewing.
Once you have whitelisted this site, you can turn ublock back on. Just keep in mind ad blockers can disable key functionality for some websites. It is okay to whitelist sites if you know they are okay.

You should be able to whitelist Syracuse fan.com by following these instructions:

uBlock / uBlock Origin
  1. Click the uBlock / uBlock Origin icon.
  2. Click the “power” button in the menu that appears to whitelist the current web site.
  3. Click the reload icon to reload the syracusefan.com page you were viewing.
Once you have whitelisted this site, you can turn ublock back on. Just keep in mind ad blockers can disable key functionality for some websites. It is okay to whitelist sites if you know they are okay.

Here is my Chrome extentions page:

1606621540215.png

I click on the uBlock icon and nothing happens. I click on "Details" and I get this:

1606621688105.png

There's an "on/off" button but no menu other than the three options under "Allow this extention... I can apparently use the first two options to apply uBlock to a site but not to remove a site from uBlock.

The rest of that screen looks like this:

1606621952052.png

"Extension Options" looks like this:

1606622055094.png

1606622117949.png

I don't see anything there to remove this from uBlock. What i can do is turn uBlock off before using Syracusefan.com on Chrome. There is no problem on Edge or Firefox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom