New 'Cuse Athletics Fund Launches Legends Society | Syracusefan.com

New 'Cuse Athletics Fund Launches Legends Society

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

As fundraising efforts continue to be a critical aspect of Syracuse Athletics' reaching new heights, the fundraising team will do so with a new name, the 'Cuse Athletics Fund, and a new philanthropic giving program, the Legends Society.

"It is important that our athletics advancement name and mission be clear and recognizable," said Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "Our efforts to generate resources to support our student-athletes have never been more important, and we believe now is the time to rebrand our approach to fundraising and create an overarching name for supporting Syracuse Athletics."

The 'Cuse Athletics Fund will feature a newly launched Legends Society, a program which will serve as the exclusive philanthropic giving arm for supporting Syracuse Athletics. Commitments to the Legends Society are above and beyond priority seating contributions and are separate from 'Cuse Athletics Fund annual membership levels. These philanthropic commitments are used to enhance experiences in all 20 sports and benefit more than 600 student-athletes.

"We want to expand the ways in which Syracuse alumni, fans, and families invest in the student-athlete experience," said Senior Associate Athletic Director and Executive Director of Athletics Advancement Michael Paulus. "The Legends Society provides a framework to philanthropically support our programs and, ultimately, enhance the everyday lives and development of our student-athletes,"

Commitments to the Legends Society begin at $25,000 and are fulfilled over a period up to five-years (ex: $5,000 per year). The program encompasses six levels of commitments and extends up to $1 million or more. In recognition of their philanthropic leadership, members of the Legends Society may enjoy unique stewardship experiences and engagement opportunities in alignment with their support. Pledges are used to help recruit, retain, and develop student-athletes by funding capital projects for new or improved facilities, as well as increased operational support through the 'Cuse Athletics Opportunity Fund.

To date, an initial group of 78 donors have joined the Legends Society and generated over $5 million in philanthropic commitments for Syracuse Athletics.

Disappointed in New Hampshire, Maine, and Ohio.

Also looking at you Washington and Oregon.
I feel like the other states make sense but honestly surprised we don't have a rich donor for this in Washington

Looks like when conference realignment happens again….. we're an SEC school.
Never say never. Maybe not huge odds right now but if the B1G goes into Florida / Southeastern States, I envision the SEC coming North. Will NYS be left out?

Edit: This whole thing seems like a game of Risk and taking over territory.

Never say never. Maybe not huge odds right now but if the B1G goes into Florida / Southeastern States, I envision the SEC coming North. Will NYS be left out?

Edit: This whole thing seems like a game of Risk and taking over territory.

It was partially tongue in cheek, based on a very small sample size, yet, bigger donors at the school. More former alumni tend to land in SEC areas than B10 states. Which also doesn’t surprise me in hindsight but hadn’t thought of it before.

Game of risk is spot on I think.

I feel like the other states make sense but honestly surprised we don't have a rich donor for this in Washington
Is that a shot fired at Hoppy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom