New Cuse Basketball Hype Track | Syracusefan.com

New Cuse Basketball Hype Track

I don't get hiphop. The lyrical aspect never seems seems to work well with the musical aspect. I understand that that is the style though. That said from my limited knowledge of hiphop that sounded like good hiphop and as an SU fan I enjoyed the lyrics.

That's some pretty solid rhyming for a PY kid. As I told you before, I think he sounds just like Eminem but rhymes kinda like Nas. Cool song.

I like it. I don't understand people who dislike rap so much.

Proving that even with a fantastic subject, rap is terrible.

Hey man, everyone has their own thing. My dad probably wouldn't listen to 10 seconds of this song. Thanks for giving it a shot tho.

Mike Sutton gave him a follow on instagram, so hopefully the team gets a hold of this.

Do you enjoy Bay Area 80s Thrash Metal?

That's too specific. Hip-hop/Rap is a broad genre, like Rock or Country or Jazz, etc.

Asking if I like 80's Thrash Metal would be like me asking if you like 90's Gangster Rap.

That's too specific. Hip-hop/Rap is a broad genre, like Rock or Country or Jazz, etc.

Asking if I like 80's Thrash Metal would be like me asking if you like 90's Gangster Rap.
Well since we're gonna pick the fly s*** out of the pepper, fair enough. My point was, that I probably listen to something that you don't like, and I could say "I don't understand why some people dislike ____ so much."

I just can't stand it, and as a musician, I prefer any genre that involves instruments over computers.

Well since we're gonna pick the fly s*** out of the pepper, fair enough. My point was, that I probably listen to something that you don't like, and I could say "I don't understand why some people dislike ____ so much."

I just can't stand it, and as a musician, I prefer any genre that involves instruments over computers.

Plenty of rap music has been made over musicians playing live instruments in the studio.

I got your point. My point was that your point was a bad point. I can say that I don't like a Ford F150 crew cab with pink trim and Hello Kitty floor mats, but that doesn't mean I don't like trucks.

Hip-hop/rap is no more reliant on computers than most other popular music these days, anyway. It certainly wasn't reliant on computers through most of its history. I may not like your specific type of music, but I like some rock, I like some country, I like some jazz, I like some R&B, etc, etc.. The idea that some people dismiss an entire genre of music entirely is weird to me. To think successful rap artists are any less talented than other equally successful musicians who perform other genres of music comes off as pretentious to me. Is all rap good? No. Is rap at its best as good as any other genre at its best? Absolutely.

Do you enjoy Bay Area 80s Thrash Metal?
I love 80's thrash. Testament is great. New album is solid. Early Metallica is early Metallica. Not a huge Megadeth fan but they've got some good songs.

I enjoy rap too though.

Have you heard Havok? Newer thrash, really enjoying 'em.

The genre i personally can't stand is Country.. so i get it.

The Roots, as one example, says hello. Hi!

I bet you have liked at least a few of these songs and musicians, who used synthesizers, i.e., computers. And that's not even including Peter Frampton's verbal pyrotechnics in the 70s.

The 14 most important synths in electronic music history – and the musicians who use them

I don't get hiphop. The lyrical aspect never seems seems to work well with the musical aspect. I understand that that is the style though. That said from my limited knowledge of hiphop that sounded like good hiphop and as an SU fan I enjoyed the lyrics.
Finally listened to the track. Kudos to Jordan Bush. That is no mean feat, putting together as much SU basketball history old and current as he did and making it rhyme and make sense.

As for the repetitive background music, I don't think this is a track Jordan really intends to be a dance hall hit, but maybe played in the Dome during a time out.

Certainly the players will be playing it in the locker room. Probably some can already rap along to it.

I bet you have liked at least a few of these songs and musicians, who used synthesizers, i.e., computers. And that's not even including Peter Frampton's verbal pyrotechnics in the 70s.

The 14 most important synths in electronic music history – and the musicians who use them
Cmon man. Frampton is a legendary guitar PLAYER. Bon Jovi used major voice box guitar work on more than one hit. What they have in common is they are musicians, regardless of whether they use any effects. They are not sitting in front of computer program dropping "mad beats" and calling themselves musicians, or "biggest rock star in the world".
Huge difference, you can't try to compare the two.

Cmon man. Frampton is a legendary guitar PLAYER. Bon Jovi used major voice box guitar work on more than one hit. What they have in common is they are musicians, regardless of whether they use any effects. They are not sitting in front of computer program dropping "mad beats" and calling themselves musicians, or "biggest rock star in the world".
Huge difference, you can't try to compare the two.

Way to miss the point of the post. Which was the innumerable great songs listed in the link which used synthesizers. Did you even click on the link and look at them?

Way to miss the point of the post. Which was the innumerable great songs listed in the link which used synthesizers. Did you even click on the link and look at them?
No I did not waste my time with it, because you missed the point first. I have now read it. I love many past and current bands who use synths and effects. I'm speaking of "artists" who don't and maybe can't play an instrument. It doesn't change my position. Rap is largely samples or computerized music, and quite honestly even with an actual band, would not be in my playlist. That's all. No biggie. I hate rap. Carry on.

No I did not waste my time with it, because you missed the point first. I have now read it. I love many past and current bands who use synths and effects. I'm speaking of "artists" who don't and maybe can't play an instrument. It doesn't change my position. Rap is largely samples or computerized music, and quite honestly even with an actual band, would not be in my playlist. That's all. No biggie. I hate rap. Carry on.
Whatever. Your loss as to some very cogent social commentary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom