New 'Cuse: Tyler Lydon | Syracusefan.com

New 'Cuse: Tyler Lydon

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
passthru_imagecredit_New_Cuse_Lydon98.jpg

Tyler Lydon is part of Syracuse's incoming recruiting class of 2015 that is currently ranked seventh by ESPN.com. Lydon is at the University taking summer session classes.

Lydon comes to Syracuse from New Hampton School (N.H.). A 6-8 forward, Lydon earned first-team all-conference honors from the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC).

Prior to attending prep school, Lydon earned all-state recognition at Pine Planes High School (N.Y.). The Bombers won three straight Section 9 Class C titles (2011, 2012, 2013) with Lydon on the squad.

Lydon was a member of the USA Basketball Under-19 squad that earned the gold medal at the 2014 FIBA Americas Championship.

http://www.cuse.com/news/2015/7/23/MBBLydon72315.aspx?path=mbasket

passthru_imagecredit_New_Cuse_Lydon98.jpg

Tyler Lydon is part of Syracuse's incoming recruiting class of 2015 that is currently ranked seventh by ESPN.com. Lydon is at the University taking summer session classes.

Lydon comes to Syracuse from New Hampton School (N.H.). A 6-8 forward, Lydon earned first-team all-conference honors from the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC).

Prior to attending prep school, Lydon earned all-state recognition at Pine Planes High School (N.Y.). The Bombers won three straight Section 9 Class C titles (2011, 2012, 2013) with Lydon on the squad.

Lydon was a member of the USA Basketball Under-19 squad that earned the gold medal at the 2014 FIBA Americas Championship.

http://www.cuse.com/news/2015/7/23/MBBLydon72315.aspx?path=mbasket

#10? is that Tyler Cooney?

Yeah, he's definitely going to be a really media savvy kid throughout his career. When I talked to him back in (January? February? Can't remember) it was pretty clear he's very much at ease and confident (not cocky, just not nervous) when speaking. Good, bright kid.

Well spoken kid and great interview by Matt Park.

Btw... maybe it's just me, but is his right arm like double the size of his left? Lol.

Btw... maybe it's just me, but is his right arm like double the size of his left? Lol.

I though his right forarm looked Poppi like while his left looked skinny. Maybe it was the angle or it was resting on the arm if the chair or something.

Nice young man with an exciting future. It's a pleasure to see him and hear what he's thinking. And not for nothing but Matt Park is one smooth interviewer. Amazing how well he relates to young players and makes them feel at ease.

More than his skillset, I really like this kid's confidence. I don't see him getting intimidated by anybody on the court.

I'm sincerely hoping he'll be the guy to bring back some Hakim Warrick-esque teabag action.