New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL] | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL]

I think Brown should bring in an older former DC to be a sounding board for Robinson either as a position coach or preferably as a defensive analyst as it's his first DC role.

I'm not expecting the new staff to bring in top 10 classes, but if they can bring in top 30 classes with a couple of blue chips, that would be huge as the ACC is a much easier conference than the SEC.

Living close to College Station, I can tell you that the expectations at TAMU this upcoming year is going to be ridiculous. Texas is joining the SEC so the Texas recruits that jumped at the chance of playing in the SEC now have more options. Texas is a hot bed for recruiting and all SEC/Big12/ and now ACC will be chomping to get their hands in there.

We know ER is a strong recruiter but now he can showcase his game plan in an easier conference with less pressure. Money can be made but opportunities to show what you can do can be slim.

Can’t wait to celebrate SU in UT and TAMU country!

What’s funny is my daughter’s #1 college is TAMU at College Station. She hasn’t heard yet but we are hoping for her.

For years, we've been hearing that we need an ace recruiter for Miami and south Florida. Well, it looks like SU has decided that Camden and south Jersey is going to be our primary source for FB recruits. SU has made Camden their biggest priority, moreso than any other NCAA program ever has.

For years, we've been hearing that we need an ace recruiter for Miami and south Florida. Well, it looks like SU has decided that Camden and south Jersey is going to be our primary source for FB recruits. SU has made Camden their biggest priority, moreso than any other NCAA program ever has.
While NJ is obviously a focus, these coaches know people all over the country. It’s not like we are going to ignore Florida.

Fran’s the one putting this together. But tip of the cap to JW for having the testicular fortitude to go out on a limb. I can get behind trying to be innovative.
I suspect Jimmy Sexton sold this on JW. And then Fran sold the rest of his vision in the interview.

Last edited:
I’d guess any players Fran and ER directly recruited are in play. No matter where they’re committed. Doesn’t mean we’ll get them all but we’ll be active with them.
I actually think Fran will be hands off UGa commits and staff. He won't want to burn that bridge. Maybe UGa analysts could be in play but not coaches.

I actually think Fran will be hands off UGa commits and staff. He won't want to burn that bridge. Maybe UGa analysts could be in play but not coaches.
He definitely won’t touch any current UGA commits other than saying a professional goodbye and reinforcing that UGA is the place for them. However, all of the other kids he recruited at UGA but committed elsewhere are fair game.

I would agree - I would be surprised if he actively tries to flip them but if they decommit that’s a different story. That’s all I meant.

I’m thrilled that the new staff will have the 15 practices with the current squad. I don’t mean putting in new systems, but to know what they have and what they need (assuming they don’t take roster advice from this site)
Has it been reported the new staff will coach the bowl game? I'd assumed the outgoing staff would do the bowl game. Nunzio can't do it all by himself. In fact, Elijah Robinson might have to coach in A&M's bowl?

Has it been reported the new staff will coach the bowl game? I'd assumed the outgoing staff would do the bowl game. Nunzio can't do it all by himself. In fact, Elijah Robinson might have to coach in A&M's bowl?

If you are A&M why would you want him around the current players? So he can recruit them to Syracuse I would imagine they wouldn't want him doing that.

Can’t tell if Higgins is being optimistic or pessimistic

Whatever he’s being, he isn’t wrong. Can’t say I’m aware of anything like this happening at any other P5. All recruiting, no experience. Let’s hope the talent comes lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom