New DC: Tony White | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Tony White

You guys will love White. He’s a great person, coach and recruiter. It’ll be fun to watch to see what he does as a coordinator.

He was offered the SDSU DC job when Gonzales left for ASU but decided to follow him instead. So we promoted Arnett instead. White was always a guy while he was at SDSU that many thought should one day be a head coach. He was one of the guys people talked about when Rocky retired being the next head coach. If he would have stayed as our DC instead of jumping to ASU as a position coach he might be our head coach now.
Please feel free to come back here when ever you want :)

8:06 pm
1580866070028.png

PROGNOSTICATOR.

I was pissed coming out of Wegmans because I keep forgetting to bring my bags. The paper bags sucks without handles. To come home to this? All is forgotten. Great answer to a long process. All in on the 3-3-5 baby. Get ready to see these boys fly around.

ya this bag thing is a pita

I was pissed coming out of Wegmans because I keep forgetting to bring my bags. The paper bags sucks without handles. To come home to this? All is forgotten. Great answer to a long process. All in on the 3-3-5 baby. Get ready to see these boys fly around.
If only there was a wheeled conveyance to take your handleless bags to your car.

Herm and Dino. Two old school guys based on faith, integrity, and Family. Im sure everything was done with complete professionalism. What an amazing turn of events. White is hands down a better fit for us. The NYC background is huge. I can see him winning some against the hated P State. Great hire.

Herm and Dino. Two old school guys based on faith, integrity, and Family. Im sure everything was done with complete professionalism. What an amazing turn of events. White is hands down a better fit for us. The NYC background is huge. I can see him winning some against the hated P State. Great hire.
KCSU, if I could quadruple like this post, I would

FWIW, prior DC at Arizona State made $525,000 in 2018. Tony White as defensive passing game coordinator/CB coach made $275,000 prior to being elevated.

My guess is White started at around $400K for DC after his promotion. And that'd put us at around $600K to get him from ASU.

Just guesses, of course.
Guesses are unacceptable

any chance tony white was dinos original first choice but couldnt get the money guaranteed until we hired arnott, then he bailed even when we could up the money and dino went to jw and said give me the money for my original #1 choice?

Well in my very humble opinion, Coach Dino Babers did a very remarkable thing by getting Coach White. After all the negativity surrounding the first hire, I think he hit it out of the park harder and farther with Coach White. The Syracuse University Defense will be tough to deal with in the very near future. Go Orange!!!!!!!

any chance tony white was dinos original first choice but couldnt get the money guaranteed until we hired arnott, then he bailed even when we could up the money and dino went to jw and said give me the money for my original #1 choice?

that’s what I think. Article even says Dino tried to get white before. Why didn’t he say I’m before of it was just to be near his mom? I think we upped the offers.

Construction will proceed faster with no civilians or events in the building. The Colgate game if it has to be moved would be a huge irritant. If any past Colgate have to get moved it will be a huge, huge issue.

I assume SU has contacted UB about possibly using their stadium on 9/19? They luckily are @tOSU. Cornell would be another option but their capacity dropped to the low 20's to make it a ticket logistics issue.

SU better have a plan in the hopper to refund STH'ers some money if they don't use their Colgate tickets. I'd suggest a simple credit back into their STH'er account.
that’s what I think. Article even says Dino tried to white before. Why didn’t he say I’m before of it was just to be near his mom? I think we upped the offers.
agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom