New favorite player - Chris "Dump Truck" Elmore | Syracusefan.com

New favorite player - Chris "Dump Truck" Elmore

Rocco

Watching you.
This kid is a legit monster. As a lead blocker on running plays, he was absolutely dismantling whoever was in front of him. Linebackers bouncing off of him. These guys were literally getting whiplash from this kid's thunder punches. Pancakes.

He is a DT in the backfield in the Jerome Bettis mold with Marshawn Lynch's hair. He has hands, too.

Chris Elmore is going to be a lot of fun to watch over the next 4 years.

You can see why the staff was so giddy about him in camp.

I agree but we've got to do something else when he's in the game aside from run behind him. Against teams where we open the playbook, I'd expect to see Dungey have some wide open read option lanes if he keeps it and takes off opposite whichever side Elmore is on.

This kid is a legit monster. He was absolutely dismantling whoever was in front of him. These guys were literally getting whiplash from this kid's thunder punches. Pancakes.

He is a DT in the backfield in the Jerome Bettis mold with Marshawn Lynch's hair. He has hands, too.

Will be interesting to see how he's used moving forward. I'm concerned slightly that him going in motion might provide a "tell" to the defense about where the run is going.

But he looks massive, even for a full back. Will be interesting to see if he can catch, if they hit him out in the lat he'd be difficult to bring down.

Dude looks like Prince Tyson-Gulley ate Adonis Ameen-Moore & I love everything about it. You can tell he really enjoys the game & has a ton of fun the way he bounces around & runs in when his name is called. Teammates were having a blast watching him level defenders, he's definitely well-liked & energizes the sideline.

Also, Dump Truck is by far my favorite Clayton Bigsby book.

Will be interesting to see how he's used moving forward. I'm concerned slightly that him going in motion might provide a "tell" to the defense about where the run is going.

But he looks massive, even for a full back. Will be interesting to see if he can catch, if they hit him out in the lat he'd be difficult to bring down.

He will absolutely be used in the passing game at times. For being such a big kid, he has really good hands.

I'd keep him in there just to protect Dungey. Could always dump it off to him afterwards and let him ramble for a few yards while dragging 5 guys on his back.

This kid is a legit monster. As a lead blocker on running plays, he was absolutely dismantling whoever was in front of him. Linebackers bouncing off of him. These guys were literally getting whiplash from this kid's thunder punches. Pancakes.

He's exuberant about hitting someone in the mouth as hard as he can. It's awesome

Imagine him at DEnd with his quicks, agility and size?

Last edited:

I mentioned several weeks ago if they threw him a swing pass and he got moving downhill he'd be a beast to bring down

I agree but we've got to do something else when he's in the game aside from run behind him. Against teams where we open the playbook, I'd expect to see Dungey have some wide open read option lanes if he keeps it and takes off opposite whichever side Elmore is on.

Dungey scored a TD on a read option behind Elmore. I forget if he lined up at TE or FB.

I'd imagine they are going to change it up with Elmore and add different wrinkles. if there's one thing I know is that Baber's is very aware of tendencies and will not create one of his own. He will also create a tendency though to set another coach up. He mentioned that this week they did it against VT

Last edited:
I mentioned several weeks ago if they threw him a swing pass and he got moving downhill he'd be a beast to bring down

Exactly. He's a great safety valve on offense. Both as a protector and as a rambling wreck.

You people and your fullbacks.

But hey, if this is the price I pay to get to see the ball in the air, it's a good trade.

Agree 100% I was so impressed with Elmore, I think that he trucked like 4 or 5 dudes yesterday, sealed the edge on some of those plays to the edge nicely.

Also McGloster was doing a very nice job of getting out and blocking in the secondary on those wide receiver screens. It worked against CCSU, but skeptical if it will against the Clemsons and FSU's of the world.

Agree. I normally focus on the line. When he was in the game, I focused on him, because he told me where the ball was going...Be fun to see them mix it up with him.