New Football Only NIL Fund | Syracusefan.com

New Football Only NIL Fund

This is where they need to tap into micron. football and basketball players are minorities which the company strongly values so there should be an interest in paying these kids.

And then in 10 years: the Micron Dome

Forgive me as I haven't had time to read the article yet, but this has to be pretty standard amongst top tier programs, correct?

Don’t love the fighting in the public sphere

This needs to stop, immediately.

On both ends.

It’s an absolute HORRIBLE look for BOTH of these collectives and Syracuse University Athletics.

Get it together, we are ALL here for the same team.
I didn’t even know there was a dispute between the collectives?

Reading the article it seems that the football collective donates 100% of the monies to the sport. OU donates 85%. Seems like the football collective is the way to go.
Agreed. 15% is a huge penalty.

Ironic that they didn't get paid when they played at SU and yet now have to pay the players of today for their university to be competitive.

Reading the article it seems that the football collective donates 100% of the monies to the sport. OU donates 85%. Seems like the football collective is the way to go.

When the football collective starts taking a monthly subscription of $10-$25 let’s talk

Give it a break.

Why the push to have the money sent to only one collective? What about the other student athletes at Syracuse?

Obviously you’re connected to the football collective

You all need to work together.

Continuing to fight each other WILL NOT work and will end in an EPIC fail, for both

When the football collective starts taking a monthly subscription of $10-$25 let’s talk

Give it a break.

Why the push to have the money sent to only one collective? What about the other student athletes at Syracuse?
Its just dumb. If they had a few brain cells they’d try to collaborate

Just a thought but does Orange United allow you to designate funds to a specific program. Can I donate 5k and just say I want it to go to football or women’s lacrosse? I really don’t know. But having 3 NIL groups seems pretty stupid. Only other thing is they disagree with how much of funding is being spent on OE.

Obviously you’re connected to the football collective

You all need to work together.

Continuing to fight each other WILL NOT work and will end in an EPIC fail, for both
I am not, i do donate to athletes that care though. I agree about the fighting. Counterproductive. I am glad we seem to be making strides to compete though.

In reading about the football-only collective, it makes me wonder what was so bad about what Adam Weitsman was doing? I hope Adam gets back in the game for Cuse.
I hope they called AW right after the injunctions slapped on the NCAA for NIL were stopped. I think it was the Tennessee suit

Just a thought but does Orange United allow you to designate funds to a specific program. Can I donate 5k and just say I want it to go to football or women’s lacrosse? I really don’t know. But having 3 NIL groups seems pretty stupid. Only other thing is they disagree with how much of funding is being spent on OE.
Yes. You can specifically designate which sport you want your money to go.

Yes - you can donate to individual programs.

Because it's our personal money and we should be able to have a complete say in who benefits. It's not rocket science. If there isn't transparency people will stop donating.