New Helmet Pics... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Helmet Pics...

Two photos featuring a new Nike ‘Hydrochrome’ Syracuse football helmet were shared on a NikeBlog.com post on Thursday. The helmet would be the next in a series of Hydro Graphics, Inc., creations which include the Oregon Ducks Rose Bowl helmets/uniforms worn last year, according to the post. The post also indicated that the helmet was all, but confirmed to be a part of a special uniform made for New York’s College Classic vs. Southern California on Sept. 8.
However, a representative at HGI said that the new orange helmet being created is not specifically designed for Syracuse. Sue Edson, Syracuse University assistant director of athletic communications confirmed that the helmet is just a prototype and was not made for Syracuse. In a photo (shown left) from a June 6 post on HGI’sFacebook page, the new helmet is shown being held by Syracuse head equipment manager Kyle Fetterly at an Athletic Equipment Managers’ Association convention. Fetterly liked the helmet, according to the HGI representative, and wanted a picture with it.
The HGI representative also said that there is no plan at this time for a special one-time uniform to be worn at the USC game.
----​
Sucks. Why mix things up for once when we can keep the status quo?

533942_380749585307225_1524158130_n.jpg

527747_380749615307222_1405204831_n.jpg

At first I was somewhat "meh" about this helmet. I like our current uni's (with the block S) and didn't see a need for a change. However, after looking at these pictures, I rather like the theme of these new helmets and would like to see what the accompanying uniform would look like

So if it's not happening why has everyone on here been running with it and saying it is?

It probably won't be those helmets as they were a prototype but SU football players on twitter have hinted that we'll have some different unis for the USC game.