New noel blog | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New noel blog

They can talk to him if it's on the phone. But with Nerlens in town, it's tough to figure out whether or not that was the case and we will probably never know whether it was on the phone or in person.

The NCAA can ask for phone records yea? Straight NCIS style?

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Just realized - courtesy of @NationOfOrange - that Kentucky's coach violated the dead period and Nerlens Noel wrote about it. hmm...(more)

@JohnGarcia_Jr
...Nerlens said a UK Coach talked to him after the NC game, but the dead period was from March 29-the end of day today. http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/pdfs/recruiting calendars/2011-12 di mens basketball recruiting calendar

Aren't coaches allowed to "bump into" recruits? My guess this is how they explain the meeting.

It was Cal dialing the "wrong number"

It was Cal dialing the "wrong number"

They probably called each other from the arena sitting next to each other.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

They probably called each other from the arena sitting next to each other.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

:D face to face phone call, lol.

The way I look at it Noel was here for Midnight Madness which was a great atmosphere, got to meet and see how Carmelo comes back and is treated like a God, says he feels like family when he's here, his best friend will be his starting pg, visited and saw us beat our rival in front of 34,000, and knows next year he'll have a great chance to win a championship. Our staff and th program in general did everything they could've done to get him here. If he chooses Kentucky then he chooses Kentucky and we'll just have to move on. We'll still have all the pieces for a great team in 12-13 and this board will probably start the same frenzy about Noah Vonleh a year from now.

Are they announcing at the same exact time? If Bazz announces first, this may tell all. I would bet they spoke about where they're leaning.

If Bazz goes first and picks UCLA, we're good for Noel. If Bazz goes first and chooses UK, we may be in trouble:noidea:
I'd prefer that Calipari choose first...

Shabazz and Noel announcing at the same time is not a good sign
Me and Shabazz Muhammad are deciding at the same time on ESPN so that should be pretty cool. It’s definitely just a coincidence because me and Shabazz have never even talked about schools or anything like that.

I would love to play with him in college though, but we’ve never talked about that and he’s got to do what’s best for him like I’ve got to do what’s best for me.

I just have been paying attention to what he has said and you can't blame him, based on the successes that Davis, et al have had this season that he will factor that into his decision. If not for MCW I think he would have already committed to Kentucky.

I have been through so many of these recruiting wars as a fan that it I dont let it phase me anymore. The one that broke the camels back was Adonal Foyle. After that I just assume the worst.

Marsh is spot on here, this kind of recruitment has played out a hundred times sometimes with SU involved mostly not. Look when push comes to shove the kid is likely to land at Kentucky and I pretty much expect that to be the outcome as should most on this board who follow college basketball.

And you believe him? I'm sure he's never talked about it with MCW either. This is the same thing as the Miami Heat Situation. Both will pick Kentucky and everyone will talk about if they can be better then last year's team. I thought he was coming to Syracuse until I heard they were announcing together, that's a giveaway where he's going.

The most important part of that blog is that Kentucky committed a recruiting violation. Its in the blog in his own words, he talked to the assistant coach during an NCAA recruiting period where there is suppossed to be no contact.

So what? Do you really think the NCAA is going to do anything about it or that somehow thats going to affect Noels decision?

Noel: "I will say that one of the biggest factors in my decision will be who will be there on the team when I get there because my No. 1 goal is to win a national title."

OK... that's the third of the "one of the biggest factors" he's mentioned that absolutely points to SU.

1) A fast paced transition style of play. [Advantage: SU & UK. Might as well just cross out Gtown]

2) Recruitment duration/loyalty. "With Syracuse, they’ve been on me the longest of the three schools" [Advantage: SU]

3) 'Who will be there next year for a shot @ a NC.' [The country's deepest team loses four, adds 3.mookie and retains all but 1 of its most talented players. UK is potentially losing its top 6 players... and lol Georgetown. Advantage: SU. ]

... and the history with MCW/Rak/Cooney is just gravy.

Based on these 3 determining factors from the horse's own mouth, and the obvious favorite in each category, he is clearly going to Kentucky.

Noel: "I will say that one of the biggest factors in my decision will be who will be there on the team when I get there because my No. 1 goal is to win a national title."

OK... that's the third of the "one of the biggest factors" he's mentioned that absolutely points to SU.

1) A fast paced transition style of play. [advantage: SU & UK. Might as well just cross out Gtown]

2) Recruitment duration/loyalty. "With Syracuse, they’ve been on me the longest of the three schools" [advantage: SU]

3) 'Who will be there next year for a shot @ a NC.' [The country's deepest team loses four, adds 3.mookie and retains all but 1 of its most talented players. advantage: SU. UK is potentially losing its top 6 players... and lol Georgetown.]

... and the history with MCW/Rak/Cooney is just gravy.

Based on these 3 determining factors from the horse's own mouth, and the obvious favorite in each category, he is clearly going to Kentucky.

Please Send this post to every doom and gloom Cuse fan that says it over we are not getting him.

Please Send this post to every doom and gloom Cuse fan that says it over we are not getting him.

Dude its not gloom and doom, you need to learn how recruiting works when it comes to other big time programs like us. Kentucky with Calipari doesnt lose out on many top prospects and JB allready beat him this past year for Coleman. If you know your SU recruiting history you know that SU usually ends up the bridesmaid when it comes to top top recruits who drag out the process as long as possible ie Starbury, Hodge, Mashburn, etc etc. The smart money is on Kentucky, doenst mean I dont want him to commit here or that were not rooting for it hard but the writing is on the wall.

While "he who laughs last laughs best" is definitely applicable to recruiting, this kid has been very cool, collected and responsible with his recruitment... not the type to change his mind at the last second based on the flavor of the day.

no not at all

I highly doubt that if there were any cooperating plans between them that he would then say this: "I would love to play with him in college though, but we’ve never talked about that and he’s got to do what’s best for him like I’ve got to do what’s best for me. " ... that doesn't sound like someone who is already expecting to be on his team next year.

Couple interesting quotes:

"I’d definitely say it makes me think about Kentucky more, and with them winning with all of those freshmen was very attractive. "

My first reaction to this comment was that UK was not his favorite but after seeing them win, he is now giving them more consideration. The takeaway is, UK did not sound like they were his favorite. I say that is a positive. NN would be a legend if he came here and took us to a title. If he goes to UK and wins a title, he'd be just another guy that would soon be forgotten.

While "he who laughs last laughs best" is definitely applicable to recruiting, this kid has been very cool, collected and responsible with his recruitment... not the type to change his mind at the last second based on the flavor of the day.

I highly doubt that if there were any cooperating plans between them that he would then say this: "I would love to play with him in college though, but we’ve never talked about that and he’s got to do what’s best for him like I’ve got to do what’s best for me. " ... that doesn't sound like someone who is already expecting to be on his team next year.

Agreed.

Of course if Bazz selects UCLA, which many have thought of as a big possibility, the "he's got to do what's best for him" thing doesn't factor into Noel, since he could still select UK.

One thing to put into perspective, though, if we don't get Noel next year: we will still have three McD's All-Americans on next year's roster, and there's a good chance none of them will be our leading scorer next season. That should tell you all you need to know about the depth and talent we have returning.

One thing to put into perspective, though, if we don't get Noel next year: we will still have three McD's All-Americans on next year's roster, and there's a good chance none of them will be our leading scorer next season. That should tell you all you need to know about the depth and talent we have returning.

Agree 100%. Noel would be an embarrassment of riches. Still want SU to land him, though!

But we're still potentially loaded even without Noel.

And Jeff Borzello and Evan Daniels both just tweeted they've heard from "three industry sources" tell them Noel will wind up at Georgetown.

(and by "just" I mean 30 minutes ago)

And Jeff Borzello and Evan Daniels both just tweeted they've heard from "three industry sources" tell them Noel will wind up at Georgetown.

(and by "just" I mean 30 minutes ago)

Unless his mother is running his life than i high doubt he ends up at gtown

That would go against all the factors he said that was most important to him