New noel blog | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New noel blog

I think NN has handled this about as rationally as a kid could. I think he has been torn the whole time between SU and UK. GT was just a case of let me take a look at a program with a good history but he's not real into it. I bet his heart is saying SU and his head is saying UK (for his NBA/business/financial reasons). Tough call. But I feel in the end the lure of seeing himself as the next AD, his track record of success at UK, the promise that they can do the same thing for him, and snake oil Cal will probably win out. But I'll keep hoping 'til the announcement. I really hope he doesn't do the hokey pull out the cap thing...that never turns out well for SU. I know DC2 but he was really in the bag the whole time. Has one of these TV announcement things ever gone our way? Don't think so. Our kids usually just do a quiet phone call without all the fanfare.

Unless his mother is running his life than i high doubt he ends up at gtown

That would go against all the factors he said that was most important to him
Bull. As much as I hate Georgetown, it's a great school academically and has a history of producing great big men. If he winds up at Georgetown, I guarantee it's not because his mother is running his life.

It is between Cuse and Uk

Gtown is trailing by a good distance. So call BS on this Evan Daniels

and by the way as Armory mentioned in another thread DC2 close friends and supporters were at one point leaking he was going UK and Ohio st at different times

Where did he end up.

Bull. As much as I hate Georgetown, it's a great school academically and has a history of producing great big men. If he winds up at Georgetown, I guarantee it's not because his mother is running his life.

Listen to the man and his words they essentially eliminate Gtown unless the year is 1985 instead of 2012. Damn it I feel like Al Powell

It is between Cuse and Uk

Gtown is trailing by a good distance. So call BS on this Evan Daniels

and by the way as Armory mentioned in another thread DC2 close friends and supporters were at one point leaking he was going UK and Ohio st at different times

Where did he end up.
Yes, I'll believe you and your gut instinct over national writers with actual connections. That makes sense.

Yes, I'll believe you and your gut instinct over national writers with actual connections. That makes sense.

Jekel you are smart. It would be one thing to turn Cuse down for UK

But he is going to turn down UK for Gtown?

Jekel you are smart. It would be one thing to turn Cuse down for UK

But he is going to turn down UK for Gtown?
People base their college decisions on a variety of factors, not all of which they share with the general public. Maybe he feels like it's a better fit. Maybe he loves DC. Maybe he thinks he fits into JTIII's system better than anywhere else.

Again, it's fun to speculate but utterly pointless. But let's not dismiss the mere notion he might end up elsewhere, because you and I know as much about his decision as those rocks you're always kicking.

I think NN has handled this about as rationally as a kid could. I think he has been torn the whole time between SU and UK. GT was just a case of let me take a look at a program with a good history but he's not real into it. I bet his heart is saying SU and his head is saying UK (for his NBA/business/financial reasons). Tough call. But I feel in the end the lure of seeing himself as the next AD, his track record of success at UK, the promise that they can do the same thing for him, and snake oil Cal will probably win out. But I'll keep hoping 'til the announcement. I really hope he doesn't do the hokey pull out the cap thing...that never turns out well for SU. I know DC2 but he was really in the bag the whole time. Has one of these TV announcement things ever gone our way? Don't think so. Our kids usually just do a quiet phone call without all the fanfare.

Pearl Washington. Live interview with Al Mcguire on national tv to announce his choice.

People base their college decisions on a variety of factors, not all of which they share with the general public. Maybe he feels like it's a better fit. Maybe he loves DC. Maybe he thinks he fits into JTIII's system better than anywhere else.

Again, it's fun to speculate but utterly pointless. But let's not dismiss the mere notion he might end up elsewhere, because you and I know as much about his decision as those rocks you're always kicking.

All i am saying remember when you hear all these reports that Nerlens is going to Uk, or Nerlens is going to Gtown. And i would be the first person outraged that no reports saying he was goint to cuse and when will we get something like that.

Armory give him credit and said that DC2 ppl were on purpose leaking information that he was going to UK or Ohio st depending on the week sometime day by day. He did not end up there they did it to string it along

Probably smart. The recruiting of him is over. He knows what it will be like at UK vs SU. "Shenanigans," are what are coming to the forefront at this point, if at all. We have given it our best shot. UK is everywhere right now after winning the ship. The timing is tough for us, but ultimately he'll want to be a part of that or not. I for one cannot wait for it all to be over. I am tired of talking and analyzing everything this kid says.

What we could really use right now is an investigative story about improper benefits at Kentucky.

It's a TV show. That's why. It's not independent of that. I think they have a bunch of kids who are still undecided announcing.

If Bazz announces for UK, I'm willing to bet that Noel does the same. If Bazz stays out west, we have a punchers chance.

If Bazz announces for UK, I'm willing to bet that Noel does the same. If Bazz stays out west, we have a punchers chance.

How kind of you to give Us a punchers chance. If that scenario happens it is a lock he is cuse bound

How kind of you to give Us a punchers chance. If that scenario happens it is a lock he is cuse bound
I have my moments, however few and far between of kindness. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but I just don't see him not going to UK. Obviously hope I'm wrong, I think he's the difference from having a a real good year to having a shot at the title next year. Just going on history, these type of marathon recruit battles usually don't go well for us--we usually/recently have gotten most of our commits well before senior signing day.

We'll see.

it is a lock

mandy%2Bp.jpg

below is an obvious recruiting violation...bet NCAA does nothing with it. But I have forwarded to their compliance staff. Others should do the same...information is easily found:
NN said:
"Just seeing him (Davis) have all the success that he’s had this year definitely makes me think a lot about what I could be doing there. That’s really appealing to me.

His IQ on the court is crazy. I talked to him a lot while I was down there and he told me all about how much better he’d gotten since he got there. He told me that I’d have to be ready when I got there because it was going to be a lot of hard work.

I’d definitely say it makes me think about Kentucky more, and with them winning with all of those freshmen was very attractive. Just seeing that it doesn’t matter how young you are, you can win a national title."

I talked to (Kentucky assistant) coach Orlando (Antigua) after they won and he was really happy, of course. He said that all he could think about was me being a part of something like that next season.
Obviously Davis' success does play on NN mind...and it should. But the scum from KY know they cannot talk to a recruit at this time...again another signature of the Cheaten Man Cal and his staff!
Slow day at the office? You actually reported this without knowing any of the facts about recruiting violations? This obsession with these kids is absurd.

You guys really think Noel and Shabazz are not communicating? Noel will not go to Kentucky without Shabazz

You guys really think Noel and Shabazz are not communicating? Noel will not go to Kentucky without Shabazz

They deff have and they are also playing together in the nike hoop summit on saturday where im sure www and knight will be in attendance

Now of course that had a lot to do with the fact that they were playing there, but I’m always just shocked at how dedicated Kentucky fans are. One man asked me if I wanted to take his wife home with me, ha ha. I couldn’t believe it. I was like “Nah, I’m good,” but that’s just how insane the fans were down there. Great atmosphere.

Interesting...