New offer? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New offer?

Head scratcher. We need a combo who can play PG. Patterson is a good shoot/poor handle off guard. Seems like another Cooney. Don't get the need. Jordan seems a much better fit.
Could not agree more.Patterson's looks like a good prospect , but his skillset seems to be very similar to Cooney,

Do we have any interest in Brandon Austin as a contingency if we do not get Jordan? Other sites have said we have interest and offered, but on the BJ Johnson March Madness thread it seemed to say we could have had him if we wanted and had no interest. PC is recruiting Austin as a PG according to friarblog.com and ESPN says he has point forward skills. Seems he could get a decent amount of pt right away for us backing up the 1-3. And a 6 6 PG would be a pretty good thing to have at the top of a 2-3 zone,no?Not as good as having Rysheed Jordan in orange obviously, but still pretty good.

Do we have any interest in Brandon Austin as a contingency if we do not get Jordan? Other sites have said we have interest and offered, but on the BJ Johnson March Madness thread it seemed to say we could have had him if we wanted and had no interest. PC is recruiting Austin as a PG according to friarblog.com and ESPN says he has point forward skills. Seems he could get a decent amount of pt right away for us backing up the 1-3. And a 6 6 PG would be a pretty good thing to have at the top of a 2-3 zone,no?Not as good as having Rysheed Jordan in orange obviously, but still pretty good.
Gimme Austin over Patterson but I guess the staff wanted another shooter.

OMG-Syracuse is so screwed. I forgot about all the NBA players Lavin put int the NBA while at UCLA. We have no chance at Jordan or McCullough. I bet he's telling Jordan he's the next Earl Watson and McCullough he's the next Dan Gadzeric as I type and they're going to announce their verbals to St John's tomorrow.Lavin had 2 guys drafted in the first round in 7 years at UCLA and all the guys drafted were all marginal nba players/ 2nd round picks like the 2 superstars I mentioned above.Baron Davis was the only player that ever played under him who could even score 10 ppg in the NBA. Lavin can recruit and is doing a great job, but he does not have a great track record of putting guys in the NBA

Gimme Austin over Patterson but I guess the staff wanted another shooter.[/quot
Definetely agree with ya,would take Austin in a heartbeat if him and patterson were the 2 choices.So I guess were done with Austin, then,huh?

It looks like the staff had Johnson rated over Austin and that was the choice that was made (younger/better shooter/upside?). The argument that you made about Austin getting some run as ball handler is interesting, but as Francis mentioned it might have come down to Patterson being more of a true guard (better shooter/defender at top) that they were looking for instead of Austin. Patterson would also be a very disruptive force on defense at guard which could be huge as well. Patterson has that long wingspan at guard and brings the defensive intensity that kind of reminds me of Rajon Rondo despite being a little thicker and having a complete opposite offensive game than Rondo.

Agree he looks like a really good prospect, just really worried about 13-14 team's ballhandling. If we could get jordan/austin and then Patterson that would be great,( if we miss out on Roberson)

That article you linked is from September 5th and is very outdated. Since then he has taken an official visit to SJU and they are a finalist.

That article you linked is from September 5th and is very outdated. Since then he has taken an official visit to SJU and they are a finalist.
are you here to tell us about which recruits are a higher priority for us again?

Hold up... Are you the dude who told us that Bernie was our lead recruiter?you

No, never said that. He was the liaison for Ricardo Gathers at that time, which was entirely correct and Gathers said as much. Not sure why this is going OT?

No, never said that. He was the liaison for Ricardo Gathers at that time, which was entirely correct and Gathers said as much. Not sure why this is going OT?
because you are here.

It's disappointing that the Big East didn't give us one more chance to have a "st. john's home game" at the Garden. I always loved those games.

I like getting another school's point of view on things. SJU hasn't been trolling IMO he's just a fan of another program talking basketball and recruiting. Nothing wrong with that I think it adds to our board.
He did on the old board though so what makes you think it'll stop here?

I did no such thing. I stated facts. You're the one causing trouble, not me.

Wasn't on the old board so can't offer an opinion or response to that. My comment was based on this thread and from what I've seen there hasn't been any trolling, just some basic back and forth on recruiting. So I apologize if I don't grab my pitchfork and join you on your make believe Internet board witch hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom