New posters | Syracusefan.com

New posters

sufandu

Living Legend
I've noticed a number of new people posting that seem to have lots of good info. I'm curious, are you guys long time lurkers that have been drawn out of the shadows by the excitement of what's going on or are you connected to the new staff in some way? I don't know that expect much of a response. I mostly wanted to express my curiousity.

I think a lot of people who have information, are excited, and are sharing. Hopefully they won’t get trashed if it doesn’t come to fruition thereby scaring them from posting in the future
One thing we do better than any fanbase, is drive away the informed. Don't bring that knowledge around here when we talkin' ignint.

I think a lot of people who have information, are excited, and are sharing. Hopefully they won’t get trashed if it doesn’t come to fruition thereby scaring them from posting in the future

Mind blowing really

Or want them to expose their source LOL

like come on, whoever told that poster that info likely said “don’t say anything” but they want to generally, share with other hardcore fans

Always funny when you talk with a coach and the first thing they ask is are you going to post this on a board?

Some info you share
Some info you get vague
Some info you keep to yourself

many a poster has caused issues without knowing which to do.

But I clicked on the thread because I thought we were seeing new Posters? I have some empty wall space.

It's been 50 years since I started at SU and I never stopped following SU sports. I was on another absolutely toxic forum when Deano invited me onto an early incarnation of this board before 2000. I posted more in those early days. Toward the end of each coach's tenure, the board became too negative to stomach. I'm hoping Brown becomes our Pepto-Bismol.

I think the path to posting is different for everyone.
I joined back in 2010ish, posted once it got destroyed, and didn't post again till for about 5 years.
Last few years I've backed off due to the nonstop negativity.
Now you can't keep me off this board.

getout GIF

Always funny when you talk with a coach and the first thing they ask is are you going to post this on a board?

Some info you share
Some info you get vague
Some info you keep to yourself

many a poster has caused issues without knowing which to do.

But I clicked on the thread because I thought we were seeing new Posters? I have some empty wall space.
Like Jimmy Cagney playing FDR ”it’s strictly off the record”. :)

I’ve been reading this board religiously since the very beginning. That’s a long time. But,l never posted. I started posting last year or around that time because I had gotten to the point with the team(s) where I needed therapy. This was the only place I could find it.

I've noticed a number of new people posting that seem to have lots of good info. I'm curious, are you guys long time lurkers that have been drawn out of the shadows by the excitement of what's going on or are you connected to the new staff in some way? I don't know that expect much of a response. I mostly wanted to express my curiousity.
I've actually been reading since the Shafer days believe it or not. I actually made an account just after the G tech game a couple weeks ago because I wanted to defend Dino because the criticism on here was (in my opinion) absolutely getting over the line and borderline hateful. Thought we were getting Chesney or Candle too, so my disappointment was at an all-time low. However, I could not be happier with the HCFB hire and the immediate culture change we are seeing. Been begging for years for SU to put the money into football and HCFB has looked so far like everything I've ever wanted in a coach.

Also, not connected myself but have a few friends of friends to very close sources so word gets around, more so in the locker room than with the higher ups. That's the only reason I knew and posted that it was Fran's job before it happened. Not an insider by any means though lol.

It's been 50 years since I started at SU and I never stopped following SU sports. I was on another absolutely toxic forum when Deano invited me onto an early incarnation of this board before 2000. I posted more in those early days. Toward the end of each coach's tenure, the board became too negative to stomach. I'm hoping Brown becomes our Pepto-Bismol.
This happens to me a lot, I’m already miserable, I don’t need millions telling me why things are worse than I already think they are. I’m around way more when things are good or changing

I’ve been reading this board religiously since the very beginning. That’s a long time. But,l never posted. I started posting last year or around that time because I had gotten to the point with the team(s) where I needed therapy. This was the only place I could find it.
Long time reader but infrequent poster. As SU91 said, this place was like therapy during football’s dark days… love the sense of humor of some on here even after losses. Helped cope with the bad times.

And as a reader of multiple boards (grad alum of UW so read that board as well), I can say that fan bases all tend to have emotional swings, over hype recruits, have lofty pre-season expectations, etc. but what is unique about this board is the sense of humor and comedy. Well done, keep it up!

I've actually been reading since the Shafer days believe it or not. I actually made an account just after the G tech game a couple weeks ago because I wanted to defend Dino because the criticism on here was (in my opinion) absolutely getting over the line and borderline hateful. Thought we were getting Chesney or Candle too, so my disappointment was at an all-time low. However, I could not be happier with the HCFB hire and the immediate culture change we are seeing. Been begging for years for SU to put the money into football and HCFB has looked so far like everything I've ever wanted in a coach.

Also, not connected myself but have a few friends of friends to very close sources so word gets around, more so in the locker room than with the higher ups. That's the only reason I knew and posted that it was Fran's job before it happened. Not an insider by any means though lol.
Maybe you're a fringe insider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom