Newest BRacketology | Syracusefan.com

Newest BRacketology

Ugh. Don't like that bracket at all. The bottom half is murders row...Pitt, Yukon, Nova, Sparty...

Gross.

He won't let the old Big East die. What a crazy East bracket.

Ugh. Don't like that bracket at all. The bottom half is murders row...Pitt, Yukon, Nova, Sparty...

Gross.
As a 6 UConn gets Buffalo then MSG as their road?

But I agree. Nova and Iowa State don't scare me, I don't want to see MSU really. I'm not scared of UConn, but if we met in the Elite 8 they'd be playing with house money.

we'd cruise to sweet 16, not crazy about iowa st as the 4

Lunardi is so bad. Michigan wins @Ohio State and loses at home to Wisconsin and goes from a 3 to a 4 seed. However, Michigan State beats Northwestern and then loses at HOME to freaking Nebraska and stays a 2 seed. Sorry I know Michigan State beat Kentucky, and Oklahoma on neutral floors and won @ Texas, but their resume is not a 2 seed right now with all their injuries and losses.

Michigan state was probably #5 on s curve before there loss yesterday dropped them to 8 onb my s curve but I kept Michigan at #10

What would be the situation where we would be a 2 seed but stay in the East? Obviously, I want a 1 seed in the East but a 2 seed in the East beats a 1 seed in the West, South or Midwest as far as I'm concerned

What would be the situation where we would be a 2 seed but stay in the East? Obviously, I want a 1 seed in the East but a 2 seed in the East beats a 1 seed in the West, South or Midwest as far as I'm concerned

We would probably need to lose more than 4 games.

I don't want to see a healthy msu team in our bracket.
when was the last time MSU was healthy? game 1? at some point people need to drop this "when MSU gets healthy" crap, if they prove they can be healthy I will be a little worried, but it is February 17th and they have not been able to get healthy and lost to Nebraska on their home court yesterday.

Total bs to give a #6 seed a near home court path. SU had to earn it as the #1. Can't stand when they give low seeds a geographic near home court. Hopefully the committee has more sense than Lunardi.

basically if we fell to a 2 seed we would be in the east

the only way we get into trouble of losing the east is if a team like Nova or Duke is on the same seed line as us, because only one could be in the east

Gross.

Coastal Alabama or whatever first matchup and Mass or Stanford in Buffalo to get to S16? I'll take it.

ISU in S16 (maybe UCLA) in MSG to E8? That is a godsend. A mid-west or west team that plays well at home but ok on the road...sign me up.

MSU is a #2 seed and maybe dropping to a 3. You'll have to play MSU, Kansas, Duke, etc, eventually in that E8 game. Nova or Yukon knock will eliminate each other. If Nova or Yukon take out MSU, you're saying you wouldn't sign up to only have to beat Nova or Yukon in the garden to get to the F4? I sure as heck would take it.

There are so many worse scenarios then this one. I'd sign up for this in a sec.

Coastal Alabama or whatever first matchup and Mass or Stanford in Buffalo to get to S16? I'll take it.

ISU in S16 (maybe UCLA) in MSG to E8? That is a godsend. A mid-west or west team that plays well at home but ok on the road...sign me up.

MSU is a #2 seed and maybe dropping to a 3. You'll have to play MSU, Kansas, Duke, etc, eventually in that E8 game. Nova or Yukon knock will eliminate each other. If Nova or Yukon take out MSU, you're saying you wouldn't sign up to only have to beat Nova or Yukon in the garden to get to the F4? I sure as heck would take it.

There are so many worse scenarios then this one. I'd sign up for this in a sec.
Add to the fact we will be in MSG. Think Albany 2003, with about 5,000 more SU fans.

We would only have to play one of them though.

Yah, who cares about the bottom half. Everyone said this about L'ville's bracket last year because they had Duke & Mich St. But they only had to play 1 of those teams & had a walk to the Elite 8.
Give me a nice road to the Regional Finals close to home and I'll be happy...
For me that basically means no Iowa/Kentucky in the 4/5 or VCU in the 8/9.

Total bs to give a #6 seed a near home court path. SU had to earn it as the #1. Can't stand when they give low seeds a geographic near home court. Hopefully the committee has more sense than Lunardi.

They try and keep teams as close to their geographic home as possible. Once you start doing stuff like projecting a 6 to win 2 games then this kind of stuff will be impossible.

basically if we fell to a 2 seed we would be in the east

the only way we get into trouble of losing the east is if a team like Nova or Duke is on the same seed line as us, because only one could be in the east

Yeah, this is why I am not sold on us being a 2 in the east, if we fall to a 2. (unlikely, IMO). Though Nova and SU could be in the east, the issue would be Duke or SU. The question will be f we fall to a 2 who replaces us as a 1. If it's Duke, we are likely SOL. And it seems to me, if you consider what has to happen for us to fall to a 2, then it very well could be Duke.

duke or big 10 champ are only real worries for us not get #1 in east

Realistically I think you would see oklahoma at the 6 and wisky at the 3 in the east in our bracket. I think nova and uconn get pushed to the south.

You mean like Cal last year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom