nfl greatest 12 RB show | Syracusefan.com

nfl greatest 12 RB show

upperdeck

Living Legend
it was pretty solid.. seemed a bit rushed for an HR. some of the film of the old guys was great. It might have been nice to make it a bit longer and talked each guy a bit more but seeing JB talk about other RBs was pretty cool.

who do you take off? i mean dorsett, thomas, allen. LT, peterson, didnt make it either.

I looked at faulk more as a Rcvr who could run than as a Rb who could catch.

who do you take off? i mean dorsett, thomas, allen. LT, peterson, didnt make it either.

I looked at faulk more as a Rcvr who could run than as a Rb who could catch.
why would Lawrence Taylor make the RB list??

hes awesome, but come on...

id take off sayers.

he played less than even terrell davis

Marshall Faulk should have been on that list.

Who you taking out?

Brown, Smith, Sanders, OJ, Sayers, Payton and Dickerson were all clearly better imo.

Maybe you take out Earl Campbell?

Who you taking out?

Brown, Smith, Sanders, OJ, Sayers, Payton and Dickerson were all clearly better imo.

Maybe you take out Earl Campbell?
I’d argue that Faulk was better than Dickerson because he was a better all-around player. And while I appreciate wanting to recognize older players, I think they overdid it here. Cases could be made for Tomlinson and Peterson as well.

These lists have been the total opposite of recency bias. I agree Faulk should have been off the list. Campbell was basically washed after 3 years. Faulk twice led the NFL in touchdowns and had 5 years of over 1800 total yards. They both finished with a career average of 4.3 ypc and faulk had one year where he ran for 1300 yards and had over 1000 receiving.

These lists have been the total opposite of recency bias. I agree Faulk should have been off the list. Campbell was basically washed after 3 years. Faulk twice led the NFL in touchdowns and had 5 years of over 1800 total yards. They both finished with a career average of 4.3 ypc and faulk had one year where he ran for 1300 yards and had over 1000 receiving.
6 years.

'82 was a strike year grasshopper.

and Campbell stays.

Last edited:
why would Lawrence Taylor make the RB list??

hes awesome, but come on...

id take off sayers.

he played less than even terrell davis

I get your point on Sayers as he only played 6-7 years but what a 6-7 years. Played on a very bad team but as Dick Enberg would say- oh my. I was about 10 when he was ascendant but I remember him. You don't forget a guy like that. I was recently watching highlights of him and to this day I've never seen a guy change directions at full speed like him. Unbelievable. No telling what he could have accomplished without that gruesome knee injury. I'd encourage younger people to watch his highlights. Sick.

that same injury now and he probably comes back and has a pretty good rest of his career

Not one RB from this century made the list. The most recent player to make the cut was Emmitt Smith (who did play a few seasons in the 00s, but that wasn’t his prime). So the NFL is saying that no one from the last 20 years (one-fifth of the time period) was great enough. That doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Belichick and Madden were given too much power in this process. They did all the research on the old-time players and presented their findings to the committee. Given the respect they have, they basically get to dictate who makes it.

I’m interested to see how this plays out. I expect more and more critics each week.

Not one RB from this century made the list. The most recent player to make the cut was Emmitt Smith (who did play a few seasons in the 00s, but that wasn’t his prime). So the NFL is saying that no one from the last 20 years (one-fifth of the time period) was great enough. That doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Belichick and Madden were given too much power in this process. They did all the research on the old-time players and presented their findings to the committee. Given the respect they have, they basically get to dictate who makes it.

I’m interested to see how this plays out. I expect more and more critics each week.

I'm not saying you're wrong but one thing to keep in mind is that the game has changed a lot over the last two decades. It's a QB's league and teams throw the ball all over the lot. Back in the day the RB was often the star and the focal point.

I'm not saying you're wrong but one thing to keep in mind is that the game has changed a lot over the last two decades. It's a QB's league and teams throw the ball all over the lot. Back in the day the RB was often the star and the focal point.
True, yet Faulk, Tomlinson, and Peterson have far superior numbers than those of Clark, Motley, Moore and Van Buren.

True, yet Faulk, Tomlinson, and Peterson have far superior numbers than those of Clark, Motley, Moore and Van Buren.

Your point will be completely validated if their top 12 QBs include a bunch of old school guys.

Your point will be completely validated if their top 12 QBs include a bunch of old school guys.
I’ll have to check, but I think 10 QBs will be on this list. My guess is Favre won’t be one of them.

I’ll have to check, but I think 10 QBs will be on this list. My guess is Favre won’t be one of them.
Favre has 3 MVPs he will make it.

Brady, Peyton Manning, Brees, Unitas, Marino, Elway, Montana, Favre, Otto Graham are locks.
That leaves 1 more from.
Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach.

Tough to see Aaron Rodgers making the list:

You just described Faulk. His numbers for the Greatest Show on Turf were ridiculous. He scored 20 plus touchdowns twice. The entire offense was built around him.

Brady, Peyton Manning, Brees, Unitas, Marino, Elway, Montana, Favre, Otto Graham are locks.
That leaves 1 more from.

Staubach should make it over Favre.

That leaves 1 more from.

The modern QBs numbers are skewed about as much as baseballs was from steroids. Only its the modern rules instead that artificially inflated them. So that said I hope there will be a lot of "old school" guys on there. Guys who played in prior to the 2000's and this era of BS stats.

The modern QBs numbers are skewed about as much as baseballs was from steroids. Only its the modern rules instead that artificially inflated them. So that said I hope there will be a lot of "old school" guys on there. Guys who played in prior to the 2000's and this era of BS stats.
Who isn’t making the list that I put on it.
Brady, Peyton, Brees are the only current generation guys.
Favre, Marino, Elway, Montana from the 80’s and 90’s generations.
Unitas from the 70’s.
Otto Graham from long ago.

That leaves 1 spot for Staubach or Starr.
Aaron Rodgers is likely getting squeezed out.

That leaves 1 more from.

Sammy Baugh will probably make it. I’m not even sure Elway’s a lock.

Who isn’t making the list that I put on it.
Brady, Peyton, Brees are the only current generation guys.
Favre, Marino, Elway, Montana from the 80’s and 90’s generations.
Unitas from the 70’s.
Otto Graham from long ago.

That leaves 1 spot for Staubach or Starr.
Aaron Rodgers is likely getting squeezed out.

Personally I would leave Brees out and take both Staubach and Starr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom