NFL scheduling changes for 2023 | Syracusefan.com

NFL scheduling changes for 2023

orange79

Internet Sleuth
SIAP

1. Flex scheduling expanded Starting this year, “Monday Night Football” games can be flexed later in the season. Fans are accustomed to games being flexed to “Sunday Night Football,” but adding Mondays is a change for the 2023 season. The flex option for “Monday Night Football” will begin in Week 13 and continue until Week 17.
  2. Monday holiday tripleheader NBC Sports’ Peter King reported the NFL will have a tripleheader on Christmas Day, as it did in 2022. The difference is Christmas falls on a Monday this year, meaning this will be the first time the league has held three games on that day of the week.
  3. Black Friday game For the first time, the NFL will schedule a game on the day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday is traditionally a busy shopping day, but it’ll also be a time for NFL fans to watch a game. The Chiefs have been seen as a logical choice to play in that game, which will stream on Amazon Prime. On Wednesday, Amazon will announce which teams will play in the Black Friday game.
  4. Thursday Thursday NFL owners earlier this year approved having teams play more than one “Thursday Night Football” game on a short week. That could mean three Thursday games for the Chiefs in the 2023 season. That’s because the Super Bowl-champion Chiefs will play the NFL Kickoff Game, which is the first Thursday of the season.
  5. No network designations In the past, CBS aired AFC contests except when an AFC team played host to an NFC team. Fox would show NFC games, except when an NFC team was host to an AFC team.
The biggest one, for me, is #5. It'll be weird seeing my G-Men playing the Iggs on CBS.

SIAP

1. Flex scheduling expanded Starting this year, “Monday Night Football” games can be flexed later in the season. Fans are accustomed to games being flexed to “Sunday Night Football,” but adding Mondays is a change for the 2023 season. The flex option for “Monday Night Football” will begin in Week 13 and continue until Week 17.
  2. Monday holiday tripleheader NBC Sports’ Peter King reported the NFL will have a tripleheader on Christmas Day, as it did in 2022. The difference is Christmas falls on a Monday this year, meaning this will be the first time the league has held three games on that day of the week.
  3. Black Friday game For the first time, the NFL will schedule a game on the day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday is traditionally a busy shopping day, but it’ll also be a time for NFL fans to watch a game. The Chiefs have been seen as a logical choice to play in that game, which will stream on Amazon Prime. On Wednesday, Amazon will announce which teams will play in the Black Friday game.
  4. Thursday Thursday NFL owners earlier this year approved having teams play more than one “Thursday Night Football” game on a short week. That could mean three Thursday games for the Chiefs in the 2023 season. That’s because the Super Bowl-champion Chiefs will play the NFL Kickoff Game, which is the first Thursday of the season.
  5. No network designations In the past, CBS aired AFC contests except when an AFC team played host to an NFC team. Fox would show NFC games, except when an NFC team was host to an AFC team.
The biggest one, for me, is #5. It'll be weird seeing my G-Men playing the Iggs on CBS.
not strange for people who remember CBS was the home of NFC games for many years.

I remember that, but it hasn't been that way for a long while.
They should bring back Brent Musberger for the 1st NFC East battle and have him say….YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE AT SOLD OUT GIANTS STADIUM, WHERE THE UNDEFEATED GIANTS WILL TAKE ON THE HAPPLESS eagles….

Raiders @ Chiefs 1PM on Christmas Day. Perfect timing between presents and dinner.

No network designations In the past, CBS aired AFC contests except when an AFC team played host to an NFC team. Fox would show NFC games, except when an NFC team was host to an AFC team.

It'll be weird seeing my G-Men playing the Iggs on CBS.
When I was a kid in the 80's NBC was the Raiders station. Mostly 4PM with Enberg & Olsen. It did take some time getting used to them on CBS in 1998. Now I'll have to adjust to more Fox games for the silver and black.

When I was a kid in the 80's NBC was the Raiders station. Mostly 4PM with Enberg & Olsen. It did take some time getting used to them on CBS in 1998. Now I'll have to adjust to more Fox games for the silver and black.
I was always enthralled by the fact Olsen was on Little House on the Prairie and Father Murphy.