NFL Thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mara looks great, the NFL?...not so much.

Those were therapy journals he wrote, sad it's out there. Mara would know what they say because of all his connections in that area, he's a leader there. Good for him for giving brown a 2nd chance. Suspension should've been longer regardless.

Eli completed 65% of his passes with a number of intentional groundings(he leads the league there every year for he doesn't give a Shlit like others) and WON. So let's rip him and the Giants. We just find it funny.

So I guess Brown's sessions weren't part of the trust tree

Their offense scored ten points today.
So basically they WON 10-3.

On a Shlitty surface, in the UK, vs...now stay with me here...a NFL team.

Fail to see how this is bad.

So basically they WON 10-3.

On a Shlitty surface, in the UK, vs...now stay with me here...a NFL team.

Fail to see how this is bad.

A win is a win, its not bad for you guys, but I just don't think the Giants are on par with the other teams in the Nfc.

A win is a win, its not bad for you guys, but I just don't think the Giants are on par with the other teams in the Nfc.
well, i guess my unposted point is, the entire NFC doesnt look that good.

and all the Giants have to be is...good in the NFC East.

and i think they will be.

but for sure, 2 weeks from now is HUGE.

Did anyone see the ot of Cards/Seahawks, both kickers choked and missed easy fgs, game ends in a tie.

Did anyone see the ot of Cards/Seahawks, both kickers choked and missed easy fgs, game ends in a tie.
Yup. Of course I was rooting for the home town team, but neither team deserved to win.

Yup. Of course I was rooting for the home town team, but neither team deserved to win.

It deserved to end in a tie, but I don't think I have ever seen a game where both kickers pulled a choke job.

Mara looks great, the NFL?...not so much.

Those were therapy journals he wrote, sad it's out there. Mara would know what they say because of all his connections in that area, he's a leader there. Good for him for giving brown a 2nd chance. Suspension should've been longer regardless.

Eli completed 65% of his passes with a number of intentional groundings(he leads the league there every year for he doesn't give a Shlit like others) and WON. So let's rip him and the Giants. We just find it funny.
Not that your care but outside of the Peter King media bubble Mara is getting killed in this affair. His shine is coming off and the family name is taking a hit. Mara admitted in the Francesa interview he knew about previous domestic violence incidents but claimed not to know what extent and then admitted he knew about the affair at the 2016 Pro Bowl where Brown threatened his ex-wife by standing over her in her bed in front of their children and then NFL security had to move the family another hotel for their safety.

I am loving it. Tisch is going to become more of a face for the organization. Mara outside of NY is taking heat for handling of Brown.

Not that your care but outside of the Peter King media bubble Mara is getting killed in this affair. His shine is coming off and the family name is taking a hit. Mara admitted in the Francesa interview he knew about previous domestic violence incidents but claimed not to know what extent and then admitted he knew about the affair at the 2016 Pro Bowl where Brown threatened his ex-wife by standing over her in her bed in front of their children and then NFL security had to move the family another hotel for their safety.

I am loving it. Tisch is going to become more of a face for the organization. Mara outside of NY is taking heat for handling of Brown.
the ProBowl thing is troubling for sure, would love to hear the full story.

Tisch's are great, but they will never become the face of the organization.

but youre right, I don't care.

they have a new kicker and we've moved on.

The NFL overtime rules are such crap. Ties are so weak.

I love the college OT rules. NFL should adapt that. Get a winner and a loser.

The NFL overtime rules are such crap. Ties are so weak.

I love the college OT rules. NFL should adapt that. Get a winner and a loser.
agree.

something needs to change.

and ties always F everything up when it comes to the playoffs.

let say we have a 10-6 team ...who would beat 2, 10-5-1 teams in a wildcard tiebreaker, but not make it because of the tie.

total bullshit.

The OT rule I would like is the college rule with the following change. Teams should start at their own 35. If you score the other team gets a chance to match and then you have sudden death. If you can't move the ball then you punt and special teams remain part of the OT.
Ties in football are crazy but those kicks were chip shots. I would thank Arizona for missing that 29 yd FG as I had Seattle +2 and won my bet with the tie.

The OT rule I would like is the college rule with the following change. Teams should start at their own 35. If you score the other team gets a chance to match and then you have sudden death. If you can't move the ball then you punt and special teams remain part of the OT.
Ties in football are crazy but those kicks were chip shots. I would thank Arizona for missing that 29 yd FG as I had Seattle +2 and won my bet with the tie.
Punting sucks. Part of the beauty of the college OT is that the punter can park on the bench.

If people really want to see kicking determine games, let's go all in on that - sudden death kicking contest. Start at the 30 yard line, back it up 5 yards for every pair of made kicks.

Punting sucks. Part of the beauty of the college OT is that the punter can park on the bench.

If people really want to see kicking determine games, let's go all in on that - sudden death kicking contest. Start at the 30 yard line, back it up 5 yards for every pair of made kicks.
Stats determine money and that is why the NFL will never adopt the college OT rule.

Starting at the opponent 25 yard isn't real football either. I would love the college OT rule start at the 50. Make the offense have to move the ball a little. Starting at the 25 means unless you are really really bad your are in FG range.

do it like soccer.

put it at the 40 and have alternating shots at a Hail Mary or any TD.

best of 5.

Stats determine money and that is why the NFL will never adopt the college OT rule.

Starting at the opponent 25 yard isn't real football either. I would love the college OT rule start at the 50. Make the offense have to move the ball a little. Starting at the 25 means unless you are really really bad your are in FG range.
I'll give you starting at the 50, but you can't punt. You either go for it on 4th or kick a field goal.

The Canadian Football League starts OT's at the 35, because the idea is for someone to actually score (the goal posts are on the goal line). Each team gets a possession, and if the score a TD, they must go for 2 on the convert. If it's tied after that, they each get one more possession from the 35. Keep in mind they only get three downs to gain a first down there.

One other thing - the purpose of the 25 yard placement is so that some sort of scoring is likely to happen and you don't end up with repeated failures. You want scoring in the OT "innings" so that you force separation.

Hurt too much.

Seems that way when he's healthy, too. He's inconsistent. There are just too many NFL players who are more interested in being a star than in playing like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.