NFL Thread | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dak wasn't the problem yesterday and Romo wouldn't have done any better. The Dallas D is the issue. Fix that and a SB awaits.

I don't think we need to do all that much, Jaylon Smith could be an answer, Demarcus Lawrence, I still believe in, you don't need a great defense, you just need to get some stops, we were one stop away from winning the game.

I don't think we need to do all that much, Jaylon Smith could be an answer, Demarcus Lawrence, I still believe in, you don't need a great defense, you just need to get some stops, we were one stop away from winning the game.

This is the year of the QB and nobody has a particularly great defense but generally speaking you need a top 5 defense to win a SB. I think Dallas needs help in the secondary and DL. Jaylon Smith was a great college player but remains to be seen how he bounces back.

They were out of rhythm on offense.
Clooney and Merclius got pressure up the middle and hit Brady.
They had a stupid PF give the Texans a FG.
Michael Floyd dropped a pass that was Intercepted which gave Houston a FG.
Dion Lewis fumbled the KO which gave Houston a TD.
Brady threw an unexpected bad pass and gave the Texans another FG.
They gave the Texans all their points on self inflicted mistakes.
That was the poor play.
A team with a real QB with a pulse would have beat the Pats last night.
Ben/Rodgers/Dak/Ryan beat them last night.

Pitt/GB/DAL/ATL don't have defenses as good as Houston. NE still beats those QB's in a shootout

Pitt/GB/DAL/ATL don't have defenses as good as Houston. NE still beats those QB's in a shootout

I was reading an article- can't find it now - that pointed out that Houston's defense was not that strong based on a variety of metrics including points allowed where they finished 11th. The obvious difference is that GB/ATL/Pitt all have great QBs that will not be throwing the ball to NE defenders on a regular basis.

Yeah okay I know everything. You challenged my
Statement about Andy Reid and clock management with asking me about my coaching career.
If a person has a pulse and has watched Andy Reid
coach playoff games they know his teams frequently waste timeouts, never have urgency in 2 minute drills.

paul-pasqualoni.jpg

They sure thought they did, as did some experts (Jaws) too. The bigger picture is it just doesn't work most of the time in the NFL to say; all we need is x and we're on to the SB. We were talking about this with the Raiders. That window is sometimes so small and miss it just once, and you can go on a years long drought. Gotta strike while the irons hot, it's all timing.

Raiders were a year ahead of schedule. With McKenzie in charge I'm confident the window still has a few years left.

I was reading an article- can't find it now - that pointed out that Houston's defense was not that strong based on a variety of metrics including points allowed where they finished 11th. The obvious difference is that GB/ATL/Pitt all have great QBs that will not be throwing the ball to NE defenders on a regular basis.
Houston D is legit.
Clowney and Merclius by far the best DE pair in the last round of the playoffs.
AJ Bouye at CB will get the biggest FA contract at his position this offseason.
No way Pitt's D is in Houston's league.
Atlanta has Beasley and mediocre defensive talent.
Green Bay has Perry and Peppers okay pass rushers but the worst
Secondary in the playoffs.
NE will face an easier D this week by far.
Dupree has been good but he isn't Clowney.

Is he? So we can forecast, we won't be seeing any sophomore slump?

Considering we saw him play like he did in the playoffs showing that there was no rookie wall I doubt we see a sophomore slump. He has defied expectations really both in college and now in the pros. Dude is legit and lost to the best QB of this generation because he did not get the ball last.

Raiders were a year ahead of schedule. With McKenzie in charge I'm confident the window still has a few years left.
I think it was right on time, everyone predicted that season by the Raiders. I think the window is still open also. My point is, it shouldn't be taken for granted, that teams will just get back to that spot or beyond based on a previous season.

Considering we saw him play like he did in the playoffs showing that there was no rookie wall I doubt we see a sophomore slump. He has defied expectations really both in college and now in the pros. Dude is legit and lost to the best QB of this generation because he did not get the ball last.
It's funny this is a similar thing to the other conversation I was having on here. Sure he looked good, no one can dispute that. My thing is predicting what will happen next year based off this one. RG3 got offensive rookie of the year and poof. Luck had off years, etc. Things will be totally different next season. Is it possible he wins the SB, of course it's possible. But I'd give it 50/50, that next season he has one as good as this.

Next year the NFC East plays the AFC West and NFC West in crossover games. That will be more difficult than the AFC North and NFC North.

The NFC East is also a pretty Competitive division as well.
AFC West teams have NFC East and AFC East.
AFC East has AFC West and NFC South.

Where are the Travis Kelce thinkpieces? He dropped a huge gain and then completely lost his composure and cost his team. He was suspended for an entire season in college and frequently goes on his little hissyfit, hotheaded rants. Media and fans seemingly think his foot locker comments were cute. SO MUCH PASSION FOR THE GAME!! Wonder what the difference is.

Need some play makers on defense. That was a heart breaking loss.

It's funny this is a similar thing to the other conversation I was having on here. Sure he looked good, no one can dispute that. My thing is predicting what will happen next year based off this one. RG3 got offensive rookie of the year and poof. Luck had off years, etc. Things will be totally different next season. Is it possible he wins the SB, of course it's possible. But I'd give it 50/50, that next season he has one as good as this.

RG3 got it off a play style that was unsustainable where as Dak is a pocket passer who occasionally runs.

First off you called out all Cowboys fans with your post. Classy. I give all the credit in the world to GB for winning an amazing game. Dallas had a great year and their future looks brighter than any other team in the NFL. Who's your team?

Second., don't you have a soccer game to watch?

Giants. So I detest the Cowboys, their owner and their fans.

Watch a soccer game?

I was a 20 year Season ticket holder from fresh out of college until kids' sports schedules made it impossible to attend games...And when they leave and my Sundays Free up, I'll go right back to Metlife and pick up where I left off...

Can you say that or are you one of those fans with no connection to Dallas , or even Texas, that needs to fill out one of Kaiser's Forms?

So yeah, I watch soccer. But you better man up and show me something other than "I watch my Cowboys on TV each week" before you start questioning my football fandom...

RG3 got it off a play style that was unsustainable where as Dak is a pocket passer who occasionally runs.

Dak isn't RG3. RG3 never had a chance with his running and his 10 cent head.

I think it was right on time, everyone predicted that season by the Raiders. I think the window is still open also. My point is, it shouldn't be taken for granted, that teams will just get back to that spot or beyond based on a previous season.

Not 12-4 and a chance for a division title. More like 10-6 fighting for a wild card.

Not 12-4 and a chance for a division title. More like 10-6 fighting for a wild card.
I can tell you I heard the raiders picked to win the division, before the season started, more than the Chefs or Broncos. Even on our local airwaves in Denver.

I think we could have some next year.
I hope so. Dak will be fine. He has a great offensive line and the best running back in the business. To compare him to Kapernick, and RGIII is silly. Kapernick is a head case, and RGIII was a running quarter back who was hurt and lost his confidence.

I hope so. Dak will be fine. He has a great offensive line and the best running back in the business. To compare him to Kapernick, and RGIII is silly. Kapernick is a head case, and RGIII was a running quarter back who was hurt and lost his confidence.
Before another thread turns into a game of telephone, no one compared them to Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.