Nice article on Babers | Syracusefan.com

Nice article on Babers

Should we be hoping for a Bowling Green loss tonight? Just in case a win increases his number of options...

I don't think so. I would have to believe we have a framework for an agreement already in place, but that's just a gut feeling.

Aren't Rutgers, Cuse, and South Carolina the only Power 5 programs still without a head coach? I think we're in a good position. He hasn't been talked about at either of the other 2 programs. I was worried about Mizzou but them hiring someone else paves the way me thinks.

I don't think another program will fire their coach just because he won the MAC Championship.

I don't think so. I would have to believe we have a framework for an agreement already in place, but that's just a gut feeling.

Aren't Rutgers, Cuse, and South Carolina the only Power 5 programs still without a head coach? I think we're in a good position. He hasn't been talked about at either of the other 2 programs. I was worried about Mizzou but them hiring someone else paves the way me thinks.

I don't think another program will fire their coach just because he won the MAC Championship.
I won't believe it until he's speaking at the press conference announcing he's the new SU coach. Until then, I'll just assume that we can't have nice things and will eventually end up hiring my avatar.

I won't believe it until he's speaking at the press conference announcing he's the new SU coach. Until then, I'll just assume that we can't have nice things and will eventually end up hiring my avatar.
That's where I am. Optimistic, but won't be at all surprised if they go with "the mystery candidate" ie Wells and I'm left thinking we over thought it and out smarted ourselves.

That's where I am. Optimistic, but won't be at all surprised if they go with "the mystery candidate" ie Wells and I'm left thinking we over thought it and out smarted ourselves.
If Coyle hires Wells, I will really be disappointed in him. He is a weak choice.

If Coyle hires Wells, I will really be disappointed in him. He is a weak choice.
Wells is a good coach. I have first hand knowledge of that. I think his best years are ahead of him.

I just think for us we'd be another ho hum team with him. With Babers I think we get the right identity. Losing out on that identity would be hard, especially since it seems the fit is so right and the dominoes are falling in such a way for us to just seize the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom