Nice article support Kaleb | Syracusefan.com

Nice article support Kaleb

I meant to say "Nice article supporting Kaleb". Nice comparison numbers. I just wish he did a little better with his 3-point percentage.

http://syracuse.. . . . . . . . . /story/1538808-it-is-too-early-to-give-up-on-kaleb-joseph
Dave, when I click on this link it doesn't load. Perhaps that is why there have been no comments. I also searched syracuse.com and couldn't find anything on Kaleb. I gave you a like because I liked the idea that there are reasons not to give up on Joseph.

Cut and paste worked. Good article, and I certainly expect Joseph to bring a much improved game to the table next season. I'm most concerned with the center position. Can the big guy come back from his injuries and long lay off to become a factor, even a force?

Cut and paste worked. Good article, and I certainly expect Joseph to bring a much improved game to the table next season. I'm most concerned with the center position. Can the big guy come back from his injuries and long lay off to become a factor, even a force?

I think he just had freshmen-itus. Once he calms down mentally he's going to shine. It's a big stage and much faster game. He will be fine.

Try this link. Cut and paste it into your browser and remove the space between the s and c in skout

http://syracuse.s cout.com/story/1538808-it-is-too-early-to-give-up-on-kaleb-joseph
Thank you! It worked. Yes, we probably all need to take deep breaths and give Kaleb some positive energy. He may end up being one of our favorite players, googly eyes and all! :crazy:

Brandon's stats sure were impressive, weren't they?

I certainly hope Kaleb improves but there are some flaws in that article. You can't just look at the stats. Also Berry from UNC barely played due to a logjam at the G spot there with Paige/Britt in front of him. Same with Snider on Louisville.

The HUGE difference between Triche and Joseph is that Brandon could be trusted with the ball. Brandon wasn't being pulled in favor of a SF to bring the ball up, certainly not in Feb and March. Brandon wasn't passing the ball to get rid of it, hot potato style. Joseph certainly was given enough minutes to learn but he didn't. By Feb any coach or player will tell you there is no "freshmen-itus." Joseph should improve and I truly hope he does! Is there evidence from his body of work to date to support this? We'll see.

Johnny Flynn and mcw didn't bode all that well physcially as freshmen. Once kaleb gets stronger his 3 point shooting should get better also. I just hope he has the body type to get that strength, because he can become a stud jumpshooter.

The article makes completely valid points. Kaleb will certainly be improved next year, I wish the comparison stats were given in per 40 minute units though. It is really not comparable the way they are given due to the drastic difference in minutes played. In all honesty, I picture a strange career arc for him. He will play a lot of minutes next year and improve some, will be backup his Jr year to Battle or one of the other one-and-done PGs were are recruiting, and then possibly start again as a Sr and be excellent.

The numbers in that article are a bit misleading because you don't see the per minute numbers and it doesn't take into consideration what role each player had. In general the point is correct its to early to give up on Joseph and he will improve. How much and how quickly is the real question.

I still stand by my evaluation that Joseph got overwhelmed and was basically trying to improve in all aspects of his game at the same time which is nearly impossible during the course of the season. Once he failed at that he started playing not to make mistakes which made him a huge liability on offense. I also think he spent his confidence and could never really get it back.

Overall I still like Kaleb's potential and mix of skills. He is quick and will be a good pick and roll player at some point because the strength of his game is the pull-up jumper. Even though JB basically changed the offense to have other guys initiating it Joseph still did alright with his assist numbers and when he becomes the guy initiating the offensive sets he will likely be in the 5/6 per game range. He is a hard worker, a gym rat and never seemed to be any trouble for the coaches throughout what was likely the toughest season he's ever had as a bball player. There are plenty of things in his favor to improve a lot over the off season.

He also has some obvious weaknesses. Some are easily fixable like strength and using your hands on defense. (the hands on defense was the only thing that Joseph did last year that made me a bit angry as its a complete effort thing) Some are not so easy to fix and represent longtime habits or unaddressed holes in his game. Tunnel vision with the ball on the break. Picking up your dribble as a PG without a pass or shot already there. Lack of a left hand going to the basket. Weak overall handle with the left hand. Not being able to see the obvious block of your shot coming at the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom