Nick Saban Retiring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nick Saban Retiring

Greatest college football coach of all time IMHO. Being able to win so much and so consistently in this environment is more impressive to me than the guys who did it when you could stockpile 125+ scholarship players or staple a 4 star kid to the bench for 3 years with no repercussions.

I don’t care for his holier-than-thou routine. And he doesn’t strike me as a fun hang, to say the least. But gotta recognize greatness.

I would think Smart would be their top choice. Buyout is probably prohibitive but maybe he has a special out if Bama comes calling?

Lots of talk on XM college football that Harbaugh is also going to leave, headed to the NFL.

Could be two huge late moves that result in a series of other moves.

Buckle up!
Kirby is UGA alum though. Feels like he's use Bama to get more $$ out of UGA if anything

Fran and Company will take all the 'Bama croots and portals of your hands, Nick... just sayin'!

Last edited:
Here's my uninformed guess who would be at the top of the list:

Lanning
DeBoer
Kiffin

I think Kirby is staying.

I think Dabo has took himself out of contention with his inability to use the portal and his reaction to NIL, etc. It's just not the world we live in, especially not at Bama where the measure success in national titles.

I think Harbaugh would do awful there. Awful.

Would love a wildcard to show up like Pete Carroll to take it on for a year or two.

What a crazy day!

I think they would take Kiffin in a heartbeat.
I do too. I saw some chatter about Scott Frost - guess his stellar 16-31 record at Nebraska would make sense as to why he's a top candidate :confused:

Fran and Elijah as we speak:

adam west hello GIF

I would think Smart would be their top choice. Buyout is probably prohibitive but maybe he has a special out if Bama comes calling?

Lots of talk on XM college football that Harbaugh is also going to leave, headed to the NFL.

Could be two huge late moves that result in a series of other moves.

Buckle up!
I don’t see Kirby leaving to go to Bama. Not sure what he would gain from it? Many aspects of what he has built at UGA are on par with what Saban built in Bama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom