NIL Collective. Rebranding the Fine Mess. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NIL Collective. Rebranding the Fine Mess.

A few of your Fine Mess Executive Committee members were tossing around some ideas lately and landed on a concept that started as a joke, but became more and more realistic the more we talked.

We discussed the opportunity to get into the NIL game by offering a stipend to an under the radar football player in exchange for rebranding our tailgate with that player's name. Strictly an example - "The Umari Hatcher Fun-Time Awesome Tailgate." We would look for a player that would not normally be raking in NIL money. Ideally a redshirt freshman or sophomore who would be around for multiple years and see the field but not in a starring role. We would likely print up T-shirts to sell and ask a small donation for our next generation of koozies to supplement money from your donations and 50-50 proceeds. Obviously the player wouldn;t attend our tailgates but maybe we could schedule a meet-up after spring games or Fan Fest type activities.

Any input? And with no obligation would our Fine Mess regulars be willing to contribute to the cause? Want to see if this thing has any legs before we take next steps which would include tying out with the compliance office and registering the concept on the Inflncr portal.
Great idea! Count us in.

Okay. It looks like there is certainly enough interest to move forward. My next step is to register the concept on the Inflcr portal and undergo a review with SU Compliance.

Everyone who has indicated interest, please give me an idea how much you would be willing to contribute. You can post in this thread or PM me. To date, several of our Executive Committee members have pledged $100 or more each.

Okay. It looks like there is certainly enough interest to move forward. My next step is to register the concept on the Inflcr portal and undergo a review with SU Compliance.

Everyone who has indicated interest, please give me an idea how much you would be willing to contribute. You can post in this thread or PM me. To date, several of our Executive Committee members have pledged $100 or more each.
$100

You guys need to market this better. I didn't read this thread because I don't tailgate. I am in. Get me some info. But lets let everyone know about this. I bet we will get more people.
Thanks, Dasher. Just getting a gauge for interest now. Frankly, about ten of us started conceptualizing in a text chain and the idea just took off. Once I get cleared by SU Compliance we will put a more holistic plan in place.

If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me with your email address and pledge amount I'll add you to the donor list.

Thanks, Dasher. Just getting a gauge for interest now. Frankly, about ten of us started conceptualizing in a text chain and the idea just took off. Once I get cleared by SU Compliance we will put a more holistic plan in place.

If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me with your email address and pledge amount I'll add you to the donor list.

I'm in. You've got to report back on the reaction from the nervous nellies in the compliance dept.

Why not look for a walk-on who could use the NIL $ to offset some of their expenses?

I'm not a Fine Mess regular, but this is something I could get behind.
Nice. The Fine Mess Walk ons...

The Fine Mess Hogs has a nice ring... LOL. Those boys up front could use the food $$.

Joking aside, why not a positional group? Instead of an individual, why not a group of "Have nots", that have No NIL deals?

I'm in. You've got to report back on the reaction from the nervous nellies in the compliance dept.
Thanks, K! Just PM me with your email address and name and the amount you want to pledge. We are already pushing $2k.
I've met Mark Wheeler several times about other issues and already talked with Andrew Goodrich off the record. They will be 100% behind this.

Nice. The Fine Mess Walk ons...

The Fine Mess Hogs has a nice ring... LOL. Those boys up front could use the food $$.

Joking aside, why not a positional group? Instead of an individual, why not a group of "Have nots", that have No NIL deals?

Just conceptual at this point and those are great ideas. A lot depends on how much we can raise and how we can move it into merchandising deal. Single player name and number is a little easier to execute, but again we are open and a bit at the mercy of the amount of capital we raise initially.

Just conceptual at this point and those are great ideas. A lot depends on how much we can raise and how we can move it into merchandising deal. Single player name and number is a little easier to execute, but again we are open and a bit at the mercy of the amount of capital we raise initially.
Its possible that a group endorsement may not be permissible at some point, as well.

Although, 6 individuals endorsing a different tailgate could work. Heck. I'd ask any player to provide an Autograph for a jersey, etc. In exchange for being the weekly sponsor. This, of course, would be auctioned off for charity. This would serve a few purposes, besides just getting autographed gear. Fine Mess gets to give the proceeds to a local charity. Player gets to deduct the value of the auction from his taxable NIL.

I could see other players giving up autographs for charity, as well. Sponsored or not. Sean Tucker football? Yes, please. Besides wanting to help out a charity? Good chance they might be more willing to help a teamate out , that's not getting NIL.

Either way? Make them work for it, and give those proceeds to a food bank or something.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom