Nissan Heisman House Fan Voting: Sean Tucker | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Nissan Heisman House Fan Voting: Sean Tucker

This is no way Sean is getting the Heisman this season. We all know that. It is great to get him some votes here...anything we can do to help raise his visibility and position him better for the future.

A reasonable goal is for him to finish in the top 10 in Heisman votes this season, and position himself as a legitimate contender for the Heisman next season.

It would be great if Sean got an invite to the Heisman presentation ceremony in NYC in December. Do they invite the top 10 contenders? Is there going to be a traditional ceremony this year? I think it was virtual last year.

If the top 10 contenders are invited, maybe Sean has a small chance to be invited.

This is no way Sean is getting the Heisman this season. We all know that. It is great to get him some votes here...anything we can do to help raise his visibility and position him better for the future.

A reasonable goal is for him to finish in the top 10 in Heisman votes this season, and position himself as a legitimate contender for the Heisman next season.

It would be great if Sean got an invite to the Heisman presentation ceremony in NYC in December. Do they invite the top 10 contenders? Is there going to be a traditional ceremony this year? I think it was virtual last year.

If the top 10 contenders are invited, maybe Sean has a small chance to be invited.
I think it's normally just the top 3 or 4 depending on how close the voting is.

Somewhere a recruit is saying... "I'm not gonna go to Syracuse, because the best running back in the country isn't even getting a sniff. I'll never get recognized if I go there."

Somewhere a recruit is saying... "I'm not gonna go to Syracuse, because the best running back in the country isn't even getting a sniff. I'll never get recognized if I go there."

1000000000000% accurate

lol we're 5-4

No one is getting a sniff at 5-4 anymore

Correct. I have never seen more than 5 invited.
Thanks. I got some solid info.

3. How many finalists are there every year?

It varies. There will always be at least three finalists invited in a given year, though the total did rise to as high as eight invitees in 1989 (though only four actually attended). Since 1982, the most common total to have been invited is five (11 times), followed by four (10 times) and three (nine times). In 1994 and 2013, there were six finalists invited to the ceremony. To date, there has never been more than six finalists to actually attend a ceremony.

So we hope for Sean to get some votes this year, and maybe crack the top 10 or 15, which should position him to become a serious candidate next season.

Give me a break. Is a QB driven award. Sean is one of 3 top RBs. We were having a bad season until 2 weeks ago. Let’s see what happens when the season ends. He’ll get votes if he has 3 more good games.

Has Matt Corral really been that good or do Ole Miss fans just have more free time than everybody else?
Guy is good, I’ve won a few bucks on some Ol Miss games this season and he is the main reason why.

Guy is good, I’ve won a few bucks on some Ol Miss games this season and he is the main reason why.
Bur 2/3 of the votes good? Some years it was clear the whole season who should win the Heisman. This doesn't seem like one of thise years.

Would have been extremely special this year for Sean to have been recognized some how since it’s the 60th anniversary of the first black Heisman winner, SU’s own Ernie Davis.

Would have been extremely special this year for Sean to have been recognized some how since it’s the 60th anniversary of the first black Heisman winner, SU’s own Ernie Davis.

Next year will be just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom