niu ipf | Syracusefan.com

niu ipf

rosconey

All Conference
just showed the new niu ipf on espn- place was real nice-
shows how bad we were that a mac school could show kids a ipf when we couldnt-

nice to be back in the arms race even if it is with a flintlock compared to the power programs,still better than the rocks we had

nice to be back in the arms race even if it is with a flintlock compared to the power programs,still better than the rocks we had
I would enjoy a thread with a lot of back and forth on where SU has been over the past 20 years in the arms race.

baby steps - we just got gun powder a big move up from rocks

i honestly never thought we were in that bad a shape-didnt realize even mac schools had danm ipf's when we didnt-

I know the Dome was not the sole province of the football team, but it is still the best IPF in the nation in all of CFBdom. The new IPF will be a great addition, but there is something to be said for practicing on the actual field you will play on on Saturdays.

In theory it makes sense, but yesterday afternoon the snow was flying here in Syracuse and football had to wait for field hockey practice to end to get to use Manley. Not exactly what you want when trying to prepare for the #2 team in the country.

We have Manley and the Carrier Dome...we are not as bad off as you color it.

Except for the last 3rd of the season you have a half field at best in the dome and as pointed out you have to schedule around other sports for Manley.

You need a dedicated facility.

Except for the last 3rd of the season you have a half field at best in the dome and as pointed out you have to schedule around other sports for Manley.

You need a dedicated facility.

I agree but it isn't like there is nothing...once built Syracuse will have 3 indoor facilities.

I have 6 acres in Ithaca they can use if need be. Mark it's bad and has been for years. Is it the only reason why we have been really bad to mediocre for 15 years,? No but it's played a part. I will say that and a bad budget for assistants probably had a huge reason for getting P fired. The problem is we had cache 15 years ago, we were a a very good program that could weather a few off years, if we continue to build, we took small fire and poured gas on it, made it worse and we still are trying to recover from media perception as well

I haven't heard anything about construction going on since the ceremonial ground breaking. I guess I will see the great progress we have made when the shuttle from Skytop drives by it.

I know who the construction manager is but don't remember the thing even being bid out at this point, which to me seems very odd. Makes me think they aren't really that close to getting going, but the nature of the construction is a bit different. Not saying that it hasn't been bid but we usually we would be invited to bid a certain part of the project and I don't remember seeing an invite, I may have missed it especially if it was summer time but who knows

First off...congrats to the field hockey team for getting a #2 seed! It's nice to have multiple sports teams male and female do so well.

If SU wants to be big time, then go big time and get this thing moving. I LOVE the Dome and getting a dedicated practice area would be a solid start to SU's success.

I know who the construction manager is but don't remember the thing even being bid out at this point, which to me seems very odd. Makes me think they aren't really that close to getting going, but the nature of the construction is a bit different. Not saying that it hasn't been bid but we usually we would be invited to bid a certain part of the project and I don't remember seeing an invite, I may have missed it especially if it was summer time but who knows

I have been trying to find out what's going on with this the past month and get absolutely nothing. I know they originally planned on starting construction in mid October and finishing by next May. Would love to know what is really going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

First off...congrats to the field hockey team for getting a #2 seed! It's nice to have multiple sports teams male and female do so well.

If SU wants to be big time, then go big time and get this thing moving. I LOVE the Dome and getting a dedicated practice area would be a solid start to SU's success.

I agree...my point was: we have two places to practice now and while not perfect and each have limitations, but it is a far cry from Coach P's tenure. To IB's point above I totally get it...I hate that Cuse lost the cache and goodwill built up in the 80s and 90s. We need to continue to shoot for that breakout 10-11 win season to get us back in the national conversation.

I agree...my point was: we have two places to practice now and while not perfect and each have limitations, but it is a far cry from Coach P's tenure. To IB's point above I totally get it...I hate that Cuse lost the cache and goodwill built up in the 80s and 90s. We need to continue to shoot for that breakout 10-11 win season to get us back in the national conversation.

Good points and it was difficult for Coach P, very true and SU is a lot better off now then they were then.

Still, when it comes to SU it always seems like we the fans/boosters have to do the digging and they just sit back and hope somebody gives them that winning lotto ticket. Yes, I do want them to spend within their means especially on how foolish Maryland and RU were money wise but this would be a wise investment. I know Dr. Gross is a helluva hard worker and has done many fine things for the school. Maybe the well is dry as you put it and the money just isn't flowing as fast or as much as is needed.

I haven't heard anything about construction going on since the ceremonial ground breaking. I guess I will see the great progress we have made when the shuttle from Skytop drives by it.
Don't get your hopes up too high. We drove by the Sunday after the Wake Forest game and nothing has happened yet. There is still a field, stands, etc. No evidence of pending construction that I could see.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

They're still waiting for Marrone's donation check to clear...

Don't get your hopes up too high. We drove by the Sunday after the Wake Forest game and nothing has happened yet. There is still a field, stands, etc. No evidence of pending construction that I could see.

Sent from my KFTT using 2

Nothing doing. They've still got the mats and the steeplechase barrier out there.

They also have maintained the tarp-covered pile of dirt used for the groundbreaking ceremony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom