No 10 seed has ever made the Final Four | Syracusefan.com

No 10 seed has ever made the Final Four

It's a super long shot, but I'd love to see us change that.

Heck yeah! Today I saw the replay of Princeton coming SO close to beating Georgetown(16/1), and it reminded me how possible many things that have never been done are!(the 4 minute mile, etc)

Time for the Cuse to be pioneers, trailblazing new territory as G and company get possessed by the spirit of John Wallace! (there is no Kentucky of that season out there this time).

#10FTW If I made hashtags, I think that one could be epic. It'd probably get great traction if we beat MSU.

When was the last time a program of our caliber or better was a 10 seed?

I'd put these programs in the group:

- UConn
- L'ville
- Kentucky
- Kansas
- Duke
- UNC
- Arizona
- UCLA
- Ohio State
- Michigan State
- probably a few others

When was the last time a program of our caliber or better was a 10 seed?

I'd put these programs in the group:

- UConn
- L'ville
- Kentucky
- Kansas
- Duke
- UNC
- Arizona
- UCLA
- Ohio State
- Michigan State
- probably a few others

Kentucky was an 11 in 2008.
Louisville was a 10 in 2004.
UCLA was an 11 seed last year! And made the Sweet 16. Also an 11 in 2005.
Michigan State was a 1o seed in 2011 and 2002.
From 2004 to 2009, Arizona went 9, 3, 8, 8, 10, 12 on the seed line.
Ohio State was a 10 last year

Since 1990, Kansas has been worse than a 4 seed just TWICE in 1999 and 2000, and only four times were they a 4. So 21 out of 27 tourneys, they've been a 3 or better. They've gotten 11 1-seeds in that time.
This is just the THIRD time (well, 4th adding in 1 missed tourney in 95) that Duke has been lower than a 3 (a 6 in 07 and an 8 in 96). That is unreal. They've gotten 12 1-seeds in that time.

Kansas and Duke stand above everyone else. Kentucky would be a solid 3rd followed by UNC.

before the current round of realignment the Big 12 was a crap league.

Heck yeah! Today I saw the replay of Princeton coming SO close to beating Georgetown(16/1), and it reminded me how possible many things that have never been done are!(the 4 minute mile, etc)

Time for the Cuse to be pioneers, trailblazing new territory as G and company get possessed by the spirit of John Wallace! (there is no Kentucky of that season out there this time).

#10FTW If I made hashtags, I think that one could be epic. It'd probably get great traction if we beat MSU.
Oh that game still makes me angry. The refs cheated so blatantly for Gtown at the end. I think I was watching it while visiting my great aunt in Florida. I hope I refrained from swearing too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom