OT: Womens hoop took center stage today. | Syracusefan.com

OT: Womens hoop took center stage today.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Maybe the biggest day ever in terms of impact.

Caitlin Clark scores four points in the first half and then 30 in the 2nd half and overtime leading Iowa to a comeback win vs Nebraska in the B1G final.

Kamila Cardoso gets thrown out for fighting in a tight battle and victory for South Carolina against Kim Mulkey and Angel Reese led LSU in the SEC final. All bench players except one thrown out for leaving the bench area.

Hannah Hildago, freshman star of ND, lead the Irish in a close game vs NC State in the ACC final.

Juju Watkins, #1 freshman, gets bottled up in the 1st half vs #1 seed Stanford who held her to no field goals in the half, after scoring 51 in their last meeting. But USC up around 10 midway through 3rd period in the PAC-12 final.

Apparently there was a scuffle between LSU and So Car in the women’s SEC championship game, and everyone on the bench who went towards the scuffle was ejected even if they didn’t do anything. Announcer said they’ll be suspended for the first NCAA tournament game too, but I think only the ones who fought will miss the next game.

Apparently there was a scuffle between LSU and So Car in the women’s SEC championship game, and everyone on the bench who went towards the scuffle was ejected even if they didn’t do anything. Announcer said they’ll be suspended for the first NCAA tournament game too, but I think only the ones who fought will miss the next game.

Just Cardoso is suspended a game. Everyone else just got thrown out.

And we really want to root for Georgetown because they play Geno's Yukon team. Let's Go Hoya's. Beat Yukon.
Actually this year, SU women, had a preseason closed scrimmage with UConn which could only help to show the team what is necessary to be successful. Thought it was really good that Coach Jack and Auriemma had mutual respect that each thought it was a benefit for them.

Actually this year, SU women, had a preseason closed scrimmage with UConn which could only help to show the team what is necessary to be successful. Thought it was really good that Coach Jack and Auriemma had mutual respect that each thought it was a benefit for them.

Two things can be simultaneously true:
1). UConn has a fantastic program, with much to admire about it - they’ve set a standard we should strive to achieve.
2) We hate them and root against them always.

Fun rivalries are the ones where you hate the team because you respect them - those you can leave on the court or field when the game is over. I think UConn falls in that category for me for both men’s and women’s hoops.

We hate Georgetown, but then reading this, it puts life into perspective and you will want to root for the Lady Hoyas (who's kids will be told their mother's a Hoya).

I saw that last night and remember when the coach passed away before the season. Definitely one time I will make an exception and cheer for Georgetown.

27519700-638c-4eb6-be9e-aa9a40e3f102_text.gif

It was a baller lineup yesterday. Juju is going to be the next must-see star in CBB and she's in LA and grew up there (I believe).

When Caitlin goes pro and she's paired with Aliyah Boston they are going to be an incredible pairing for the WNBA.

Lot of exciting times coming up for women's ball.