No Love for SU Football | Syracusefan.com

No Love for SU Football

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
There was an ACC article here some time in the last couple of weeks -- just spent time looking for it. But no such luck. The article caught my attention because a central criticism of SU's chances in the new ACC mentioned SU had won "only two outright BE championships" since 1992. Clemson on the other hand was a powerhouse. I wanted to respond to the article, but knew I had better look it up before doing so.

Well, Clemson has won exactly ONE outright ACC championship since 1991. And that came in 2011. Actually their league record was worse than VTs but they defeated Tech in the championship game.

Anyway, I know that Clemson is better right now. But to characterize SU as inferior over the last two decades based on championships seemed a bit disingenuous and uninformed. And lets face it, for half of those twenty years, SU was competing against Miami, VTech, Boston college (and yes Louisville) who have performed better in the ACC than average.

I like the way we are being perceived. It should put a chip on everyone's shoulder going into the ACC. Lets just hope that within the next 2-3 years we show them on the field why they shouldn't take us lightly.

I like the way we are being perceived. It should put a chip on everyone's shoulder going into the ACC. Lets just hope that within the next 2-3 years we show them on the field why they shouldn't take us lightly.

I know. I age with that. I just think if you're going to use a fact like that against SU, you have to use the same standard against Clemson.

Um-m-m-m... as I recall before last year before the season started, all the "experts" were predicting us to finish at the bottom of BE. How'd that work out? Not saying we'll be sharing a conference title this year, but we will surprise a lot of people. I agree with T Funke; the kind of talk by the "experts" has to play into HCSS's hands as a great motivating tool.

only 1 friggin orange acc team i give a rats ass about and it aint klemsin-
screw them all just like the old big least

remember, Syracuse is in the ACC to SAVE basketball, not stregthen football.

dem suthners kant spik too goods bout da oring footbawl teem, duzn mak senz. (spoken over a dueling banjo soundtrack)

The old ACC guard does not really know the Syracuse Football story.

And that's fine with me.

Lets educate on the field.

most of them ignorant rebs cant fathom the fact football in the north east was great at one time(except joisey state)

i doubt they even understand how good army was at one time

remember, Syracuse is in the ACC to SAVE basketball, not stregthen football.

dem suthners kant spik too goods bout da oring footbawl teem, duzn mak senz. (spoken over a dueling banjo soundtrack)

Yes, but SU will strengthen ACC Football and ACC Football will strengthen SU.

Yes, but SU will strengthen ACC Football and ACC Football will strengthen SU.
i think so too.

for if schafer is not the guy, with all the ACC $$ rolling in...the next guy should be a splashy hire who brings immediate results.

i think so too.

for if schafer is not the guy, with all the ACC $$ rolling in...the next guy should be a splashy hire who brings immediate results.
this is What is wrong with the su fan base

already looking at this guy as a failure before he even has 1 dam game- this type of post shouldnt happen till at least after the first game- if he opens with a robinson style game let the talk begin

and su aint ever going to make a splashy hire-its not in the schools dna

this is What is wrong with the su fan base

already looking at this guy as a failure before he even has 1 dam game- this type of post shouldnt happen till at least after the first game- if he opens with a robinson style game let the talk begin

and su aint ever going to make a splashy hire-its not in the schools dna
this is so ridiculous on so many levels.

quickly...

1. never called him a failure nor am i looking at him that way.
2. you just gave schafer a 1 game tryout...v a superior ped st nambla lion team.

and on a lesser level

3. the school has never had this much $$ in the athletic dept budget before and its a new world order, one where the head football coach is the most important guy at the school.

so again, IF schafer is NOT the guy, i would expect to see the next guy be 'a splashy hire who brings immediate results'.

capiche, swish jr??

There was an ACC article here some time in the last couple of weeks -- just spent time looking for it. But not such luck. The article caught my attention because a central criticism of SU's chances in the new ACC mentioned SU had not won "only two outright BE championships" since 1992. Clemson on the other hand was a powerhouse. I wanted to respond to the article, but knew I had better look it up before doing so.

Well, Clemson has won exactly ONE outright ACC championship since 1991. And that came in 2011. Actually their league record was worse than VTs but they defeated Tech in the championship game.

Anyway, I know that Clemson is better right now. But to characterize SU as inferior over the last two decades based on championships seemed a bit disingenuous and uninformed. And lets face it, for half of those twenty years, SU was competing against Miami, VTech, Boston college (and yes Louisville) who have performed better in the ACC than average.

Let them continue to underestimate us. I see as the best in our division after Fla State and Clemson.

There was an ACC article here some time in the last couple of weeks -- just spent time looking for it. But no such luck. The article caught my attention because a central criticism of SU's chances in the new ACC mentioned SU had won "only two outright BE championships" since 1992. Clemson on the other hand was a powerhouse. I wanted to respond to the article, but knew I had better look it up before doing so.

Oh, and let me add, after one of SU's championship seasons, SU crapped down Clemson's throat in the Gator bowl.

There are 2 enormous games on the schedule, in terms of presenting a big boost the long-term future of the program - the opener against Penn State, and the home game against Clemson. Win both of those babies, and this program is a team to be feared again. You KNOW we will hit them hard. This is a huge season coming up. I am very pumped.

Oh, and let me add, after one of SU's championship seasons, SU crapped down Clemson's throat in the Gator bowl.

41-0. I will never forget it. We *really* need to beat them again this year.

41-0. I will never forget it. We *really* need to beat them again this year.

I would be shocked if we beat them this year. Well not shocked, but surprised.

That said, the 41-0 game was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen from a Syracuse team. I remember very fondly Marvin Harrison making Brian Dawkins and the Clemson secondary his personal bitch.

There are 2 enormous games on the schedule, in terms of presenting a big boost the long-term future of the program - the opener against Penn State, and the home game against Clemson. Win both of those babies, and this program is a team to be feared again. You KNOW we will hit them hard. This is a huge season coming up. I am very pumped.

Man, you hit it right on the head! That opener against Ped State is HUGE! It will define our season, IMHO.

I would be shocked if we beat them this year. Well not shocked, but surprised.

That said, the 41-0 game was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen from a Syracuse team. I remember very fondly Marvin Harrison making Brian Dawkins and the Clemson secondary his personal bitch.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we beat anybody on our schedule Drew Allen was an elite talent nationally coming out of hs and has had very high quality college coaching for four years I wouldn't be shocked if we go 14-0 and I wouldn't be shocked if we went 7-6. For those of you who were old enough what were the expectations before the 87 season started nadda none hoping to make it to 6-5 but doubtful it would happen. I was out of college working and a season ticket holder then I remember all the commentators Stree and Smith had us at 5-6 finish if I recall. But we had a kid that nobody really knew about because he was sidelined with a broken leg for an entire season an unknown 5th year senior named Don McPherson who became a leader and rallied all the underdog talent that existed on that team and a legend was born!

i did leave out the robinson years in this mathematical equation

Well since the Gerg period was a statistical anomaly that is compliance with the scientific mehod
pretty sure it never existed- was just a case of mass hallucinations