No Love for SU Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No Love for SU Football

Oh good Lord I wish that were true unfortunately it was real :bat:

watch the the light go back and forth -back and forth- you will remember nothing like sgt shultz-it was all a dream:confused:

most of them ignorant rebs cant fathom the fact football in the north east was great at one time(except joisey state)

i doubt they even understand how good army was at one time

Well, there was that one year where two Jersey schools, (Princeton and Rutgers) shared the National Title in CFB. 1869, I think. But Jersey football has failed to match that level of performance since.

There are 2 enormous games on the schedule, in terms of presenting a big boost the long-term future of the program - the opener against Penn State, and the home game against Clemson. Win both of those babies, and this program is a team to be feared again. You KNOW we will hit them hard. This is a huge season coming up. I am very pumped.

I would add a third game. At FSU, if we play well, hit hard and make them win a tough, close game, we win a great moral victory and set the stage as the clear #3 or better in the Atlantic Division. Even better if we win at FSU - AND we can win because FSU will probably overlook us and Jimbo Fisher has 1-2 games annually where he forgets he is coaching at FSU and thinks he is coaching in a Pop Warner league.

Agree that wins over PSU and Clemson will definitely change outsiders perspective of Syracuse.

I would add a third game. At FSU, if we play well, hit hard and make them win a tough, close game, we win a great moral victory and set the stage as the clear #3 or better in the Atlantic Division. Even better if we win at FSU - AND we can win because FSU will probably overlook us and Jimbo Fisher has 1-2 games annually where he forgets he is coaching at FSU and thinks he is coaching in a Pop Warner league.

Agree that wins over PSU and Clemson will definitely change outsiders perspective of Syracuse.

Eh, I don't believe in Moral Victories. That's why that close call against Fla State under Pasqualoni in the Dome was a lost opportunity. The important games that change the perception of a program are the ones you WIN.

Eh, I don't believe in Moral Victories. That's why that close call against Fla State under Pasqualoni in the Dome was a lost opportunity. The important games that change the perception of a program are the ones you WIN.

I generally don't go for moral victories but when nobody expects anything from Syracuse, forcing FSU to earn a victory the old fashioned way will draw attention. A victory would do even more.

so again, IF schafer is NOT the guy, i would expect to see the next guy be 'a splashy hire who brings immediate results'.

capiche, swish jr??

How is anyone on here still misspelling the head coach's last name?
I assume an inside joke

this is so ridiculous on so many levels.

quickly...

1. never called him a failure nor am i looking at him that way.
2. you just gave schafer a 1 game tryout...v a superior ped st nambla lion team.

and on a lesser level

3. the school has never had this much $$ in the athletic dept budget before and its a new world order, one where the head football coach is the most important guy at the school.

so again, IF schafer is NOT the guy, i would expect to see the next guy be 'a splashy hire who brings immediate results'.

capiche, swish jr??

SHAFER, smart guy.

SHAFER, smart guy.

I think it's been misspelled so many times that no one knows which one is right anymore. I'll just go with HCSS.

There are 2 enormous games on the schedule, in terms of presenting a big boost the long-term future of the program - the opener against Penn State, and the home game against Clemson. Win both of those babies, and this program is a team to be feared again. You KNOW we will hit them hard. This is a huge season coming up. I am very pumped.
I think people are underestimating the difficulty of the game at Northwestern. I think we have a better chance beating Penn State than Northwestern.

I think people are underestimating the difficulty of the game at Northwestern. I think we have a better chance beating Penn State than Northwestern.
That may be but win over Northwestern does not carry the weight that a win over PSU does.