No need for | Syracusefan.com

No need for

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
posters to start individual threads to express their thoughts on a single game unless it's a truly unique thought that hasn't been posted about in another thread. Thank you.

posters to start individual threads to express their thoughts on a single game unless it's a truly unique thought that hasn't been posted about in another thread. Thank you.

I've been saying that for years. We should have a dedicated post game thread like we do regular game thread.

There should be like a pre-determined waiting period after a loss before folks are allowed to post so people can calm down and lose some of the knee-jerk reactions.

There should be like a pre-determined waiting period after a loss before folks are allowed to post so people can calm down and lose some of the knee-jerk reactions.
I haven't seen much by the way of knee jerk reactions. This board is pretty much resigned to the fact that this is one of SU's worst teams in the past 40 years.

I haven't seen much by the way of knee jerk reactions. This board is pretty much resigned to the fact that this is one of SU's worst teams in the past 40 years.
Well then people shouldn't have to post the same old stuff every loss. It's the same old thing - like the earth is about to end. Then when they win, it's like this is the best shooting team ever. We don't know how this season will end up. I agree with you in that some posters post as if it is the worse in 40 yrs. That's ridiculous. I've learned to take it in stride and don't get so high or low every game.

bump

You and the other mods should look at how r/NBA game threads and post-game threads are handled.

It's well done over there. Obviously the way comments are positioned is different than straight chronological order like here, but they have a good system.

Well then people shouldn't have to post the same old stuff every loss. It's the same old thing - like the earth is about to end. Then when they win, it's like this is the best shooting team ever. We don't know how this season will end up. I agree with you in that some posters post as if it is the worse in 40 yrs. That's ridiculous. I've learned to take it in stride and don't get so high or low every game.
But it really is one of our worst teams in the past 40 years.

No it's not. 10-5 is worst in 40 yrs, and this is being assumed only midway thru? Sarcasm alert I hope.

You and the other mods should look at how r/NBA game threads and post-game threads are handled.

It's well done over there. Obviously the way comments are positioned is different than straight chronological order like here, but they have a good system.
Or, maybe folks posting on this board could exercise some common sense/courtesy:noidea:

I've been saying that for years. We should have a dedicated post game thread like we do regular game thread.

No because then any point just gets lost. There needs to be a fine balance as Cherie said. Try not to duplicate new threads. Posters have to use common sense.

No because then any point just gets lost. There needs to be a fine balance as Cherie said. Try not to duplicate new threads. Posters have to use common sense.

It won't get lost if it's a good post.

No it's not. 10-5 is worst in 40 yrs, and this is being assumed only midway thru? Sarcasm alert I hope.
I'll try to make this simple for you:

This year's team is one of the worst basketball teams Syracuse University has fielded in the Jim Boeheim era. They will struggle to win 9 games in ACC play. They will struggle to get an NIT invite.

I'm a huge SU fan. I speak from decades of experience when I say this is a fundamentally flawed team that will set a historic low for SU basketball in the modern era.

Good news though, we will be back to national prominence within 2 years.

I agree, Cherie. So, I will append my only comment on the game here, which is a quote from Michael Gbinije: "There was a minute and 10 in the game and I went up to one of the refs and said, 'Why are you calling touch fouls on this end and we're getting hammered on the other end and you're not saying anything?' "He said, 'Yeah, I know, I know. I got you.' So he's basically admitting that's going on."

I agree, Cherie. So, I will append my only comment on the game here, which is a quote from Michael Gbinije: "There was a minute and 10 in the game and I went up to one of the refs and said, 'Why are you calling touch fouls on this end and we're getting hammered on the other end and you're not saying anything?' "He said, 'Yeah, I know, I know. I got you.' So he's basically admitting that's going on."

Found that interesting too. They had 34 foul shots to our 14 - pretty lopsided. Ironically, Mike G had 9 of our team's 14 free throws but only made 4 of them. Bet that ref will hear about saying that to Mike G also. Hope Mike Hopkins asked that question well before 1:10 left in the game. Not saying it was the reason we played so poorly but it sure didn't help. Unfortunately we just don't have much room for error when refs allow a greater levels of contact and any advantage for our opponents.

Aw come on... those knee jerk reaction quotes are the fodder with which we stoke the fire of board controversy. There's rarely anything notable which stirs the pot like a hot headed emotionally driven, facts be damned post. I mean it's not like we've got a plethora of posts on here lately either and over reaction posts can be the source of some really funny stuff which helps to dissipate the post game angst!

board curfew hours? good grief

imo. board is open 24/7 just let your thoughts off your chest.
Right or Wrong called out or not called out were still all rooting for the same team.

I'll try to make this simple for you:

This year's team is one of the worst basketball teams Syracuse University has fielded in the Jim Boeheim era. They will struggle to win 9 games in ACC play. They will struggle to get an NIT invite.

I'm a huge SU fan. I speak from decades of experience when I say this is a fundamentally flawed team that will set a historic low for SU basketball in the modern era.

Good news though, we will be back to national prominence within 2 years.
Yeah, I speak from decades of experience too. This seems like an over-reaction to me, but hey it's your opinion so that's fine. So, how about the people on this board who thought this was one of our best shooting teams in a long time after the early wins over TXA&M and UConn? I'll just assume you weren't one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom