No one is at the RU/Army game. | Syracusefan.com

No one is at the RU/Army game.

90% are enrolled in the Army at the moment.

...because we all know that the entire city is watching it on TV...:crazy:

nm.
Despite giving away thousands of free tickets, RU brought no one to Yankee Stadium. Official attendance was announced at 30K. This is a crushing blow to the Big East and their hopes of keeping the Pinstripe Bowl as the destination for its league champion.

This really hurts RU's chances of getting invited to the Pinstripe. If people won't go to Yankee Stadium when free tickets are available, how can you expect them to pay $75=$125 for a bowl game ticket? UConn's chances of playing in the Pinstripe are a lot higher today than they were yesterday.

Despite giving away thousands of free tickets, RU brought no one to Yankee Stadium. Official attendance was announced at 30K. This is a crushing blow to the Big East and their hopes of keeping the Pinstripe Bowl as the destination for its league champion.

This really hurts RU's chances of getting invited to the Pinstripe. If people won't go to Yankee Stadium when free tickets are available, how can you expect them to pay $75=$125 for a bowl game ticket? UConn's chances of playing in the Pinstripe are a lot higher today than they were yesterday.

But Rutgers "Owns" and "Brings" NYC and the Tri-State area just ask a Rutgers fan and they will tell you that. NYC itself has over 8 million people alone not counting the surrounding a areas like Long Island, Westchester, South Western CT, the Northern & Central New Jersey. Yet they can only bring that many with "free" tickets and most of those in attendance were Army supporters in reality? ROTFLOL

I live in Manhattan. The RU/Army was supposed to be broadcast on SNY. The SU/Fordham basketball game was picked up instead. This isn't even a debate anymore.

Yeah, I had to watch it on CBSsports, or whatever it's called. And it only worked on SD, not HD. Four Rutgers guys did park right outside my apartment heh.

The Army game will definitely hurt their Pinstripe chances. The Pinstripe is the best non-BCS, non-Champs bowl for us NE teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom